Registered User yannickmessaoud's Avatar
    yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Wink Chronic pain treatments

I have been in chronic pain for lower back laxity, aggravated by a dumb chiropractor, and how i was able to get my life back with proper treatment.

I will dedicate this full tread on explaining what therapy are propose and works and what does not.

Prolotherapy: different types. All those treatments are not covered by insurance.

When you go to a pain clinic the first thing they will offer you is dry needling, they insert a needle and cause tear in the ligament in hope that it repairs itself..........

cost 150$-300$ per body part. This technique is worthless and will do nothing at all, it will cause a very small inflammation response but the injured part will not repair itself. In other word waste of money.

Dextrose xylocaine prolotherapy: sugar injection to dry the ligament and cause inflammation. This technique is slightly better then dry needling but the treatment won't hold, in other words will cause minor relief for some time but needs to be repeated often. Unless you are a very inactive and sedentary person. Cost per body part injected 350-375$

Whole blood proloterapy: blood is taken and put in a calcium base solution so it does not coagulate, then re injected in the injured body part, ligaments and tendons have poor blood supply so this will really help to heal, this is the primary technique that put me back on my feet. Cost per treatment 800$

PRP prolotherapy: same principle as whole blood but centrifuged plaque are then removed and re injected into injured area, injection is done with an ultrasound so very precise. Cost per treatment 1000-1200$.

The reason it fails is not enough blood is injected.

If your immune system is not top notch the body is not going to repair itself, this is why any competent sport doctor will send you for blood test before the treatment to make sure everything is fine TSH, T level, anemia etc.

Of course there is no one size fit all and those therapy might not work for everyone. I never tried Stem Cell so i cannot say yes or no but i have tried all other.

I did not mention sodium morruate prolotherapy because its not available anymore it was a bit better then dextrose but needed to be repeated too.

For PRP and Whole blood you might need up to 6 treatments to see a big difference, eat high protein diet make sure to repair. Whole blood is the same. Treatments at first should be spaced every 3 to 6 weeks after 3 treatments can be spaced every 3 months.

RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Interesting, thanks for sharing.

I talked to a guy at the gym who said he had very good success with dry needling on his elbow tendonitis. He had tried "everything" before. We didn't get into detail on what exactly "everything" was, but it certainly included the standard remedies like icing, massage, etc.

So it may not have worked for you, but that doesn't mean that it has to be worthless for everybody else.

I know Kobe Bryant successfully used some of those blood injection treatments to deal with his bad knees towards the end of his career. I found some detail here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...e-way-to-germa.

JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for posting this.

But

This is not a thread for sorting the panacea of chronic pain issues, these treatments are to treat tendonitis, and repairable damage to tendons.

In all cases the concept is to create a greater inflammatory response in the area of injury.

There is new research coming out about the danger of use of NSAIDs and how they are causing a negative effect on healing in tendons. (Time related effects of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on Achilles tendinopathy in a murine model)
    Things that are free have no value!

DL 150kg
    Squat 130kg
    BP 100kg
    Press (shamefully) 45kg

yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JWoodCF10 View Post
    Thanks for posting this.

But

This is not a thread for sorting the panacea of chronic pain issues, these treatments are to treat tendonitis, and repairable damage to tendons.

In all cases the concept is to create a greater inflammatory response in the area of injury.

There is new research coming out about the danger of use of NSAIDs and how they are causing a negative effect on healing in tendons. (Time related effects of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on Achilles tendinopathy in a murine model)
    Yes for sure NSAID are terrible there is a guy at my job that is on all the time, he gained 100 pounds in less then a year, he ballooned up to 300 plus pounds.

Originally Posted by RK42 View Post
    Interesting, thanks for sharing.

I talked to a guy at the gym who said he had very good success with dry needling on his elbow tendonitis. He had tried "everything" before. We didn't get into detail on what exactly "everything" was, but it certainly included the standard remedies like icing, massage, etc.

So it may not have worked for you, but that doesn't mean that it has to be worthless for everybody else.

I know Kobe Bryant successfully used some of those blood injection treatments to deal with his bad knees towards the end of his career. I found some detail here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...e-way-to-germa.
    Mmm interesting for dry needling, but for most people and myself it did not work.

PRP and Whole Blood act like glue in the body its amazing

JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by yannickmessaoud View Post
    Yes for sure NSAID are terrible there is a guy at my job that is on all the time, he gained 100 pounds in less then a year, he ballooned up to 300 plus pounds.
    Its actually worse than that. The risks to kidneys is well known, what is not as well known is that there is an adverse effect on healing. We stopped using them in Ortho, due to delayed bone healing, but now the evidence is also for poor tendon healing as well. (no great leap but still unknown). Up until recently our advice was ibuprofen as soon as possible after tendon strain, be that back or limb. Now it seems that, that advice may well be wrong.

I shall await more information though.
    Things that are free have no value!

DL 150kg
    Squat 130kg
    BP 100kg
    Press (shamefully) 45kg

Originally Posted by JWoodCF10 View Post
    Its actually worse than that. The risks to kidneys is well known, what is not as well known is that there is an adverse effect on healing. We stopped using them in Ortho, due to delayed bone healing, but now the evidence is also for poor tendon healing as well. (no great leap but still unknown). Up until recently our advice was ibuprofen as soon as possible after tendon strain, be that back or limb. Now it seems that, that advice may well be wrong.

I shall await more information though.
    And the medical community gives that to people by the hand full imagine, the second sport doctor i saw wanted to put me on this after injecting my chest and traps muscles with botox.......imagine...... both muscles where dead for a year and it did nothing for pain....... He also put me on TRT for a year at 100mg per week without an AI you don't need it my natural T level was 780 so i aromatize sick went from 212 pounds to 268 in less then 6 months and guess what it was not muscles........