tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Vacation...Workout or?

Hey guys,

Going on vacation for a week. I have been working out now for over 2 years non stop 3-4 days a week, (never taking any sort of break) but more recently 3 days a week with the fierce 5 program. Should I take a weeks rest or? I usually would do push ups and pull ups every other day while on vacation, thoughts? Don't want to lose gains ya know...

Thanks in advance.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tommydamic68 View Post
    Hey guys,

Going on vacation for a week. I have been working out now for over 2 years non stop 3-4 days a week, (never taking any sort of break) but more recently 3 days a week with the fierce 5 program. Should I take a weeks rest or? I usually would do push ups and pull ups every other day while on vacation, thoughts? Don't want to lose gains ya know...

Thanks in advance.
    You won't lose any gains in a week. Push-ups and pull-ups might be good though just for some blood flow. I took my first week off in over three years earlier this month. The first couple days back I was pretty sore.

Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In on this too as getting ready to leave for 10 days.

I may hit the gym 3-4 days while there to try and hit every group. And leave it at that.

Cutting Potato of Peace OregonLife's Avatar
    OregonLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OregonLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OregonLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OregonLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OregonLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OregonLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OregonLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OregonLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OregonLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OregonLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OregonLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I was in Maui for ten days and never hit the gym but did snorkel and hike incessantly. Came back feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
    40+ Crew
    Back Surgery Crew (crushed disc replaced at L5/S1)
    Starting Weight Upon Restarting 262lbs (1/2/14) ---> Goal is 215 10-12% BF
    Ripped Cocktail (Lecheek) Review & Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161282963
    Controlled Labs Purple Wraath Cotton Candy Review & Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162140091&p=1249876271#post1249876271
    ErgoBlast by ErgoGenix review
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162140261&p=1249879921#post1249879921

Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zocas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not trying to steal thread, but it may be a good time for me to take 10 full days as I am killing myself right now with routine. Starting fresh when back... hmmmm

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have vacation in two weeks, for another week. I am not doing anything other than relax while we are at this resort. 1 'zero' week in the scheme of things at this stage in my lifting "campaign" isn't going to matter much. Might even help.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Went on vacation once and they had a gym nearby owned by an IFBB Pro so I had to visit that.

Mrs. B was not amused and shall we say little Bando had a dry vacation.

I would just enjoy the time off.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

Charly41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charly41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charly41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charly41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charly41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charly41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charly41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charly41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charly41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charly41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charly41 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you want, you find a Gym where you can Train. The question is only, is it a time for a rest, or not.....

i´m travelling a lot "around the world" (including Jetlags from 6-10 hours....), but when i arrive in the next Country i know before, where i can Train, and which time makes sense.

Sometimes, when my stopover in ***** is more than 4 hours, i go Training in between at the Airport-Hotel which is inside the transfer-Zone. Pay my 10 US-Dollar, or 9 Dollar, and use the gym of the Hotel, can take a shower, go eating at the Airport after this Training, and go to my next Boarding.
    6 "3" 260 lbs. mid 50....still love this sport.... go and do something for yourself, not for others....it´s your life, your health, you only get one, take care, and when you see results the fun to work out will be greater with time....but it´s all about small steps...fast results you can loose fast...steady and slow results last much longer. So take your Sport bag, and enjoy your workouts, and the Feeling when you finished a good workout.

drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I never go to the gym on vacation. I spend the time with my wife and kid. If at the beach, I typically jog on the beach a couple of times first then in the morning during sunrise, and maybe do a few sets of pushups. I usually try and not miss any days in the weeks leading up to vacation and just use it as a rest for my joints.

tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think ill stick to what I have done in the past, a few push ups in the room every other day, we do bike down the boardwalk everyday, leisurely that is but I guess its some form of cardio. Thanks for the input everyone.

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Late to the party but...IMHO

Priority #1...What does the wife think? If it will in any way upset her I would just skip working out all together. (And I'm not implying that she is self centered or anything...but women usually put up with a lot of annoying things we do, and sometimes she needs a vacation from those things)

Fact: I just took almost 2 full months off of training...noticed very little muscle loss. If you have been consistent for a long period of time, it doesn't go away over night.

Opinion: A vacation should be from everything that could be considered "work" or "regiment". Even though you love lifting, it'll be good to give your mind and body a break.

Have a good time.

Registered User yannickmessaoud's Avatar
    yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yannickmessaoud has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey guys,

Thanks in advance.
    Went to Cuba and Mexico the gyms in the resort where amazing, i worked out everyday over there, hit first thing in the morning.

Originally Posted by grubman View Post
    Late to the party but...IMHO

Priority #1...What does the wife think? If it will in any way upset her I would just skip working out all together. (And I'm not implying that she is self centered or anything...but women usually put up with a lot of annoying things we do, and sometimes she needs a vacation from those things)

Fact: I just took almost 2 full months off of training...noticed very little muscle loss. If you have been consistent for a long period of time, it doesn't go away over night.

Opinion: A vacation should be from everything that could be considered "work" or "regiment". Even though you love lifting, it'll be good to give your mind and body a break.

Have a good time.
    Great advice, my wife is ok with it, I hit a couple of sets while she's showering so it doesn't effect any going ons. I'll play it by ear. (I do like the pump before strolling down to the beach - lol.)

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Should I take a weeks rest or? I usually would do push ups and pull ups every other day while on vacation, thoughts? Don't want to lose gains ya know...
    Great advice, my wife is ok with it, I hit a couple of sets while she's showering so it doesn't effect any going ons. I'll play it by ear. (I do like the pump before strolling down to the beach - lol.)
    So you asked for advice, most of the advice said just chill, and then went with your original plan.

Why did you waste our time?
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Got back this week after a couple weeks in Greece. No chance to work out there, but walking up the mountain roads was hard work. I have had low protein intake (comparatively), no creatine, no multi, no joint support. I actually lost a few pounds on two meals a day, no snacks, but lots of Greek beer.

Each day so far (3) I have lifted my normal weight, but could not complete the same amount of reps. Didn't compromise form to get the rep done. I expect it will take a week to get back to normal

I expect that the lack of supplements/protein had some effect, but jet lag (7 hour diff) as well. I think the rest will be a benefit, and the next few weeks will confirm
    I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
    (Marshall McLuhan)

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i recently went on vacation last month.
    Good time to relax and some stress off the body but like everyone i felt i had to do something.
    I have "life line"brand straps(like TRX straps)that hook up to a closed door.
    Did strap leaning pushups,rows and squats with them for nice little pump and sweat session.
    Also threw in some leaning curls and tricep extensions with them.
    The straps easily fit into a suit case all rolled up.

fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have found that a week off here and there has been good for me. I haven't ever lost any of my gains with a week break. I try and find a gym though, but I don't stress out if I can't find one. I'm on a cruise now and have trained 3 days of 5 so far.
    “I am not where I want to be, but I am not where I used to be”

AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My last vacation was a two week honeymoon in Hawaii. No brainer really. However, one of the first questions I asked the receptionist at the resort was where the gym was located. It just so happen that she was married to a competing bodybuilder and she could not stress enough what it meant to her when he does not work out when they vacation together. So I do not hit the gym when my wife and I do either. Besides, it is not just the muscle, but the connective tissues that also need time to strengthen.
    Expect Nothing
    Never Be Disappointed

TJC85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TJC85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TJC85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TJC85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TJC85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TJC85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TJC85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TJC85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TJC85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TJC85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TJC85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've found that any losses in strength/size due to a short layoff (even as long as 3 weeks for me in the past when my kids were young) comes right back within about 1 to 3 lifting cycles. I take solace in this fact any time I have to layoff due to a vacation, tight work schedule or injury.