burf2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Advice on my Diet Plan (nothing happening)

Hi there. So I have been gyming for a good few years on and off, I have been fat (20 stone at 5 foot 9), I have been slim (12 stone) running marathons. etc.

My last gap has been due to my wife and I having another child

So, I been hitting the gym hard (4-5 times a week), running once a week, biking once a week. From the start of the year to now I have lost 12kg by eating fairly well, exercising etc.

Since May, I have up it a gear. Supplements (protein, BCAA, Creatine, Preworkout, l-cart, l-glut, etc), hired a PT for 1 session a week (I am on the floor by the end) and got a diet plan by him (2 weeks ago). I also have a training parter and we are not the type to sit there and use our phones. We leave soaked in sweat!

I have completely changed shape which is good. However since the diet plan, nothing is changing on the scales, (bf weight etc). Before I get flamed, I know you should look in the mirror not the scales.

I have gone from eating normal food plus a couple of shakes, to 300 carbs (rice, new potates etc, rice cakes), 300 protein (chicken, protein shakes etc), 50g fat (3000 ish cals).

I am 90kg 5ft 9.

So, I have read a few health mags, watched a few videos over the years etc. To me this seems really high on carbs for someone trying to lose BF? I am also suprised that nothing is really happening, I know its a short time but I expected something to go up or down due to the huge amount of food I am eating.

Any pointers would be fantasic.

JTWolf is not very well liked. (-100) JTWolf is not very well liked. (-100) JTWolf is not very well liked. (-100) JTWolf is not very well liked. (-100) JTWolf is not very well liked. (-100) JTWolf is not very well liked. (-100) JTWolf is not very well liked. (-100) JTWolf is not very well liked. (-100) JTWolf is not very well liked. (-100) JTWolf is not very well liked. (-100) JTWolf is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by burf2000 View Post
    Hi there. So I have been gyming for a good few years on and off, I have been fat (20 stone at 5 foot 9), I have been slim (12 stone) running marathons. etc.

My last gap has been due to my wife and I having another child

So, I been hitting the gym hard (4-5 times a week), running once a week, biking once a week. From the start of the year to now I have lost 12kg by eating fairly well, exercising etc.

Since May, I have up it a gear. Supplements (protein, BCAA, Creatine, Preworkout, l-cart, l-glut, etc), hired a PT for 1 session a week (I am on the floor by the end) and got a diet plan by him (2 weeks ago). I also have a training parter and we are not the type to sit there and use our phones. We leave soaked in sweat!

I have completely changed shape which is good. However since the diet plan, nothing is changing on the scales, (bf weight etc). Before I get flamed, I know you should look in the mirror not the scales.

I have gone from eating normal food plus a couple of shakes, to 300 carbs (rice, new potates etc, rice cakes), 300 protein (chicken, protein shakes etc), 50g fat (3000 ish cals).

I am 90kg 5ft 9.

So, I have read a few health mags, watched a few videos over the years etc. To me this seems really high on carbs for someone trying to lose BF? I am also suprised that nothing is really happening, I know its a short time but I expected something to go up or down due to the huge amount of food I am eating.

Any pointers would be fantasic.
    Too much insulin in your blood, you won't be able to burn fat, either burn off all those carbs or reduce them. I recommend dropping down to about 100, personally I do about 50. The lower the carbs, the faster youll lose weight. Also 50g of fat a day is not enough, increase it. It will promote satiety so you'll eat less and it has a lot of hormone benefits, better hormone production = faster fat lose.
    I got fat from eating a diet of peanut butter sandwiches, oats with milk, bananas and white rice, as soon as I cut out all the sugar and carbs and increased my intake of fatty cuts of meat, butter, avocados, fibirious vegetables, coconut etc. I experienced rapid weight loss

burf2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks mate for replying, I did drop my carbs to around 200 for the day and BF started dropping. So I cant have peanut butter?

Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by burf2000 View Post
    Thanks mate for replying, I did drop my carbs to around 200 for the day and BF started dropping. So I cant have peanut butter?
    Don't listen to this advice, it is really stupid, and that is the reason why he has negative rep.
    Start with reading all stickies articles in nutrition section.
    To lose weight you need calorie deficit. Sugar/insulin isn't a reason why you are gaining/not losing weight.