Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417

Thread: No Appetite

OhSheThiccc is on a distinguished road. (+10)

No Appetite

I'm 20 years old. 5'8 138. I'm trying to gain weight and put on some muscle. I know the biggest part to that is eating a lot but also eating clean. The problem is, I have no appetite. I get hungry but I take a few bites and I'm full. I sometimes can go the whole day without eating. I pretty much have to force myself to eat. I've been trying to take Serious Mass after workouts since it's high in calories and protein but it literally makes me sick to my stomach. I'm never going to gain weight and muscle like this. I feel like I'm just wasting my time even working out. Is there anyway I can boost my appetite? Is this something I should see my doctor about?

dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OhSheThiccc View Post
    I'm 20 years old. 5'8 138. I'm trying to gain weight and put on some muscle. I know the biggest part to that is eating a lot but also eating clean. The problem is, I have no appetite. I get hungry but I take a few bites and I'm full. I sometimes can go the whole day without eating. I pretty much have to force myself to eat. I've been trying to take Serious Mass after workouts since it's high in calories and protein but it literally makes me sick to my stomach. I'm never going to gain weight and muscle like this. I feel like I'm just wasting my time even working out. Is there anyway I can boost my appetite? Is this something I should see my doctor about?
    That's not true. Eat the foods you like and add in more higher calorie foods like nuts, nut butters, trail mix, oils, full fat dairy, fattier meats, avocado, eggs.

How long have you had no appetite? Is it because you're eating "clean" foods and not ones you enjoy?

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What happens if you eat ice cream and cookies?

That's a serious question. If you are full after a few bites of literally any type of food, you should definitely see a doctor.

Please search this form for "clean eating"; you'll find TONS of threads on this topic and that it's largely a myth.

Ditch the Serious Mass and make your own weight gainer shakes; much cheaper and you should be able to find a combination of ingredients that is more palatable to you.

In the unlikely event that you really do have a poor appetite no matter what, there are medications that can help with this.

Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    What happens if you eat ice cream and cookies?

That's a serious question. If you are full after a few bites of literally any type of food, you should definitely see a doctor.

Please search this form for "clean eating"; you'll find TONS of threads on this topic and that it's largely a myth.

Ditch the Serious Mass and make your own weight gainer shakes; much cheaper and you should be able to find a combination of ingredients that is more palatable to you.

In the unlikely event that you really do have a poor appetite no matter what, there are medications that can help with this.
    Honestly, I don't really eat sweets like cookies and Ice cream. Sweets just give me an upset stomach so I avoid them. One thing I found that I could eat an unlimited amount of is any fruit. I could eat fruit all day. What do you mean by "clean eating" being a myth? Are you saying that eating clean isn't that necessary?

Originally Posted by dipatel13 View Post
    That's not true. Eat the foods you like and add in more higher calorie foods like nuts, nut butters, trail mix, oils, full fat dairy, fattier meats, avocado, eggs.

How long have you had no appetite? Is it because you're eating "clean" foods and not ones you enjoy?
    I've noticed it maybe 3-4 months ago. I've smoked weed to help my appetite but I feel like such a loser when I smoke so I quit.

ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm not going to waste time addressing the "eat clean myth". Simply put, you need to make friends with calorie dense sources.

Peanut butter
    Trail Mix
    Whole Milk
    Nuts
    etc
    IG: ErikTheElectric
    SnapChat: ErikTheElectric

I like food, two wheels, and deadlifts

Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    I'm not going to waste time addressing the "eat clean myth". Simply put, you need to make friends with calorie dense sources.

Peanut butter
    Trail Mix
    Whole Milk
    Nuts
    etc
    I'm friends with all the above that you said. Guess I will head to the store tomorrow. Any other calorie dense stuff you recommend?

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Honestly, I don't really eat sweets like cookies and Ice cream. Sweets just give me an upset stomach so I avoid them. One thing I found that I could eat an unlimited amount of is any fruit. I could eat fruit all day. What do you mean by "clean eating" being a myth? Are you saying that eating clean isn't that necessary?
    https://www.completehumanperformance.com/clean-eating/

"Eating clean" is a meaningless term as "clean" has no standard definition.

Did you read the stickies here? General advice is to hit total calorie goals, macro goals, get sufficient micronutrients, avoid trans fats, keep added sugar and saturated fat at <10% of daily calories, get some source of omega 3s in, and drink sufficient fluids to maintain hydration. If you can fit cookies/cake/etc into your diet and achieve all of that then there is no problem eating them.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm friends with all the above that you said. Guess I will head to the store tomorrow. Any other calorie dense stuff you recommend?
    Cheese is always tasty.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823