Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    kwong486 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwong486 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwong486 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwong486 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwong486 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwong486 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwong486 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwong486 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwong486 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwong486 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwong486 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bouncing back from eating carbs on cheat

Been on a keto diet for about a month now and have had good results (losing fat). Ketostix indicated that I've been in a fairly deep state of ketosis with the sticks reading "large" amounts of ketones running through my pee.

I've been drinking vodka waters at bars to avoid carbs and overdid it this weekend. Blacked out and found taco bell wrappers on the kitchen table . I was pretty upset with myself and said screw it, then went to a fast food place and had a burger and fries since I already screwed myself.

Now it's monday (obviously) right back on the keto train, doing the intermittent fasting and less than 20g of carbs per day. Did the 24 hours of me throwing carbs into me screw me up significantly? I.e. how does this interfere with ketosis, and in the future, how badly do I want to avoid this? Or is this something that I can afford to do every couple of months, then just biting the bullet for a week or so until I'm back in ketosis?
    BP-305x1, 295x3
    DL-495x1,455x3
    S-365x1, 335x3

CresMagni will become famous soon enough. (+50) CresMagni will become famous soon enough. (+50) CresMagni will become famous soon enough. (+50) CresMagni will become famous soon enough. (+50) CresMagni will become famous soon enough. (+50) CresMagni will become famous soon enough. (+50) CresMagni will become famous soon enough. (+50) CresMagni will become famous soon enough. (+50) CresMagni will become famous soon enough. (+50) CresMagni will become famous soon enough. (+50) CresMagni will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kwong486 View Post
    Been on a keto diet for about a month now and have had good results (losing fat). Ketostix indicated that I've been in a fairly deep state of ketosis with the sticks reading "large" amounts of ketones running through my pee.

I've been drinking vodka waters at bars to avoid carbs and overdid it this weekend. Blacked out and found taco bell wrappers on the kitchen table . I was pretty upset with myself and said screw it, then went to a fast food place and had a burger and fries since I already screwed myself.

Now it's monday (obviously) right back on the keto train, doing the intermittent fasting and less than 20g of carbs per day. Did the 24 hours of me throwing carbs into me screw me up significantly? I.e. how does this interfere with ketosis, and in the future, how badly do I want to avoid this? Or is this something that I can afford to do every couple of months, then just biting the bullet for a week or so until I'm back in ketosis?
    So basic and dirty, yes, throwing in carbs to the level described almost certainly would have knocked you out of ketosis. Upside, if you had been doing a keto diet faithfully for over a month previous, chances are you already became keto adaptive or were close to it so going back to watching your macros and staying within the limit should make it easier to get back into ketosis.

You might have a small headache or feeling of generally crapiness, but just drink some chicken bullion and stick with it, should be fairly deep back into ketosis in a couple days time of strict adherence to the ratios.

CresMagni will become famous soon enough. (+50) CresMagni will become famous soon enough. (+50) CresMagni will become famous soon enough. (+50) CresMagni will become famous soon enough. (+50) CresMagni will become famous soon enough. (+50) CresMagni will become famous soon enough. (+50) CresMagni will become famous soon enough. (+50) CresMagni will become famous soon enough. (+50) CresMagni will become famous soon enough. (+50) CresMagni will become famous soon enough. (+50) CresMagni will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Also as a follow up, I would ditch the pee sticks, their accuracy is really off. If you are set on checking your levels, get yourself a two in one glucose meter that does both blood sugar and ketone body measurements. They are the gold standard for ketone measurement and are far more accurate. Don't buy one from a pharmacy, they will rip you off, just get the one they have at walmart. Super cheap and just as good as the name brand ones.

kwong486 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwong486 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwong486 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwong486 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwong486 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwong486 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwong486 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwong486 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwong486 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwong486 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kwong486 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CresMagni View Post
    So basic and dirty, yes, throwing in carbs to the level described almost certainly would have knocked you out of ketosis. Upside, if you had been doing a keto diet faithfully for over a month previous, chances are you already became keto adaptive or were close to it so going back to watching your macros and staying within the limit should make it easier to get back into ketosis.

You might have a small headache or feeling of generally crapiness, but just drink some chicken bullion and stick with it, should be fairly deep back into ketosis in a couple days time of strict adherence to the ratios.
    Short and sweet. Thanks, sir. repped!
    BP-305x1, 295x3
    DL-495x1,455x3
    S-365x1, 335x3