Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Sounds like a struggle. Construction anywhere is a hassle.

Yet you have such an enviable figure from what I'm hearing. The convo made me feel all kinds of fluffy too because I'm so much shorter. At this weight I'm overweight by 20+ lbs. I have some of the fluff on the thighs too, inner in particular plus some excess skin but I tend to have more of an issue with my stomach. It sticks out and spills out over the lifting belt. I don't mind the butt getting a little bigger as long as it doen't end up flat though really, eh I don't care either way. Just wanted my stomach smaller than my chest but that may never be. Thought don't want to take over your journal either.
    At 165 I was also 20 pounds overweight for my "walking around" height of 5'4"! Although with the curved back and years of lifting, I really don't take much stock in BMI. My skeleton thinks it's 5'7" and I am wearing size 4s and 6s so I know I'm not "obese". But trust me, no one would envy my figure if they were as familiar as I am with it. I've been dressing to hide the s****osis since I was wearing a hard plastic brace from hip to collarbone at age 12, so I'm pretty good at it. But naked, I'm pretty disfigured: uneven hip bones, uneven fat distribution in the love handles, drastically different waist line on each side, one collar bone sticks out, one poor boob is a full cup bigger then the other, a nice lump on my back where my spine and muscles all reside, uneven shoulders. The less fat I have, the less the unevenness in the waist, boobs, and lower back is noticeable, which is probably why I'm feeling so dissatisfied with myself rn. I try not to focus too hard on the negatives but like I said.... being able to grab a handful (or, let's be honest, 2) of fat sitting over my left hip is really upsetting. Gotta take my own advice more about ignoring pictures of "fit models" or w/e.

Wednesday
    Once again my cardio plans were foiled. This time because I was reminded at the last minute that I had an HOA meeting last night, and an important one at that! You're looking at the newest board member! Step 2 of hostile takeover is complete. I went for a ~45 min walk after because I was out of Pokeballs. This is my life now.
    1728 cal 195P/89F/34C (I ate the other half of the chicken lmao)

Edit to add: Please, take over my journal! I like to actually have these types of discussions here because I have no "IRL" friends with similar interests!
    Last edited by mavd; 01-31-2019 at 08:48 AM.
    Instagram: @doctorv17

Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ugh parking. That's one good quality at the NoHo gym versus some of the others I've seen in LA, usually can get parking in the structure and the first three hours are free with validation. Though I guess walking from the parking spot might count as warmup cardio, right?

Originally Posted by mavd View Post
    I was still in the Y's parking lot, but it has a tiny front lot by the gym and a back by the fields, I was in the back of the back lot. To add further insult, this branch is under construction so the entrance was moved to the other end of the building as far away as physically possible from the back lot. According to my phone, it was 0.25 miles each way.
    Ha! I started looking for an outside of the area gym and part of the deal for me is parking. I found a great one online, checked the Yelp reviews, got excited and went to check it out. The parking lot holds maybe 6 cars at best and the gym is on a main street that comes off an artery, nothing but traffic all the time. I'd have to battle traffic to get there, sit in traffic, then discover the 6 cars there probably belong to the employees... so I gave up on that gym. If having to walk 1/2 a mile to get to the gym is part of the deal by the time I get there I've used the energy I was going to use for the workout. First world problems, I know.

Gotta take my own advice more about ignoring pictures of "fit models" or w/e.
    Yeah, I have this talk with my daughters on the daily. It's pure truth. Stay off Instagram, etc... The other part is there are some amazing bodies out there but every body is still unique...even that weird kid from H.S. that could bend his fingers all the way back. Someone out there loves that "feature". Embrace what you have.

Edit to add: Please, take over my journal! I like to actually have these types of discussions here because I have no "IRL" friends with similar interests!
    I know you were talking to Fiction2Fitness, but you should also talk about bikes every once in a bit! I'm thinking of picking up a Guzzi this year.
    Ndtha ton eda yi'mg oIng tofi

Sm2sm crew []-[]-[]--Squat Moar to Squat Moar[]-[]-[]

Unlawful possession of a raccoon

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Clinos View Post
    Ha! I started looking for an outside of the area gym and part of the deal for me is parking. I found a great one online, checked the Yelp reviews, got excited and went to check it out. The parking lot holds maybe 6 cars at best and the gym is on a main street that comes off an artery, nothing but traffic all the time. I'd have to battle traffic to get there, sit in traffic, then discover the 6 cars there probably belong to the employees... so I gave up on that gym. If having to walk 1/2 a mile to get to the gym is part of the deal by the time I get there I've used the energy I was going to use for the workout. First world problems, I know.

Yeah, I have this talk with my daughters on the daily. It's pure truth. Stay off Instagram, etc... The other part is there are some amazing bodies out there but every body is still unique...even that weird kid from H.S. that could bend his fingers all the way back. Someone out there loves that "feature". Embrace what you have.

I know you were talking to Fiction2Fitness, but you should also talk about bikes every once in a bit! I'm thinking of picking up a Guzzi this year.
    Re: Bikes. Well I haven't been talking about that for a reason. I can't ride to work anymore! My current bike is just a lil baby 250 with a 65 mile range. My commute to the new job is 45 miles round trip. I am way too lazy and prone to running late to make time fuel up everyday. I've flirted with the idea of getting another sportbike, but there are soooooo many other things to suck my money up right now that I just can't justify the splurge. Plus, I'm just not confident my current parking situation is secure enough to prevent another theft. However, the track day is 10 days away, so this weekend will include oil changes and brake bleeds. I should probably hop on and ride a bit this weekend just to ensure I remember how. I'm probably going to embarrass myself at the track. Well.... at least I have the excuse that my bike tops out at about 90 so I don't expect to be "fast". Some of the guys I'm going with offered to let me use their track dedicated sportbikes, but (1) that makes me nervous and (2) I haven't really gotten my confidence back after crashing the 250 in 2017, so I *need* to get the seat time on this bike to really evaluate if I'm going to stick with the supermoto or swap to something else.

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    At 165 I was also 20 pounds overweight for my "walking around" height of 5'4"! Although with the curved back and years of lifting, I really don't take much stock in BMI. My skeleton thinks it's 5'7" and I am wearing size 4s and 6s so I know I'm not "obese". But trust me, no one would envy my figure if they were as familiar as I am with it. I've been dressing to hide the s****osis since I was wearing a hard plastic brace from hip to collarbone at age 12, so I'm pretty good at it. But naked, I'm pretty disfigured: uneven hip bones, uneven fat distribution in the love handles, drastically different waist line on each side, one collar bone sticks out, one poor boob is a full cup bigger then the other, a nice lump on my back where my spine and muscles all reside, uneven shoulders. The less fat I have, the less the unevenness in the waist, boobs, and lower back is noticeable, which is probably why I'm feeling so dissatisfied with myself rn. I try not to focus too hard on the negatives but like I said.... being able to grab a handful (or, let's be honest, 2) of fat sitting over my left hip is really upsetting. Gotta take my own advice more about ignoring pictures of "fit models" or w/e.

Wednesday
    Once again my cardio plans were foiled. This time because I was reminded at the last minute that I had an HOA meeting last night, and an important one at that! You're looking at the newest board member! Step 2 of hostile takeover is complete. I went for a ~45 min walk after because I was out of Pokeballs. This is my life now.
    1728 cal 195P/89F/34C (I ate the other half of the chicken lmao)

I don't have anyone to talk to about body issues either. No friends other than coworkers and not really something I'd talk about with them though sometimes joke about needing to diet.

The things we notice on ourselves is probably also harsher than what anyone else notices, whether we hide it or not. I don't have any medical conditions, just am round with too much fluff but had that for so long it's hard to get down to what is considered low enough. Though the way my stomach is shaped confused a trainer at the gym. Doesn't matter is I weight 130 or 200, I have this sort of line dip inward at the level of my belly button. Above and below it sticks out. Hard to get the right measurement for certain clothing items cause above is large/xl but other parts are s/m.

A while ago on the myfitnesspal forums there was a post where people showed their stomach standing (looked flat or just had a little bit of fluff or skin sagging) then showed things like sitting in a chair or doing planks. Discussed how in the moment photos are done up or the bodies are positioned in particular ways and that's it's perfectly natural to not have the body not be flat, perfect all of the time.

I wish more clothing lines would should on their main feeds women of all sizes. Sure, I can look up on google, youtube, IG and find different women trying out lines on their own. But it doesn't encourage me to try any of them like seeing different body shapes on the company main page does.

Parking in LA is a struggle in general. I drive by an LA Fitness where part of the parking is on the busy street and the tiny lot is not easy to get in or out of, so have never even tried going there. Then again I'm just glad where I work has a parking lot. I used to work in a store in the Hollywood area where the garage cost money and I work retail, not gonna pay every shift so would have to find street parking then go to my car really late at night. Now at least I work at a location with a parking area that doesn't cost money. Some of the other LA gyms will have a garage and give a discount but still costs to park there.

IG can be a trap but there are also some places of encouragement with a variety of posts. But it's definitely good to talk and encourage about the body shape and to appreciate what we have.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

I don't have anyone to talk to about body issues either. No friends other than coworkers and not really something I'd talk about with them though sometimes joke about needing to diet.

The things we notice on ourselves is probably also harsher than what anyone else notices, whether we hide it or not. I don't have any medical conditions, just am round with too much fluff but had that for so long it's hard to get down to what is considered low enough. Though the way my stomach is shaped confused a trainer at the gym. Doesn't matter is I weight 130 or 200, I have this sort of line dip inward at the level of my belly button. Above and below it sticks out. Hard to get the right measurement for certain clothing items cause above is large/xl but other parts are s/m.

A while ago on the myfitnesspal forums there was a post where people showed their stomach standing (looked flat or just had a little bit of fluff or skin sagging) then showed things like sitting in a chair or doing planks. Discussed how in the moment photos are done up or the bodies are positioned in particular ways and that's it's perfectly natural to not have the body not be flat, perfect all of the time.

I wish more clothing lines would should on their main feeds women of all sizes. Sure, I can look up on google, youtube, IG and find different women trying out lines on their own. But it doesn't encourage me to try any of them like seeing different body shapes on the company main page does.
    Yeah I guess I made myself sound like some sort of Gollum creature. It's not *that* bad but it's definitely a visible deformity. I can't really talk about body image or uneven boob fat with many people. I work with all men due to my field, and most of my non-work friends are gay men or men with motorcycles or men who play hockey. I really need to make girlfriends but I don't have any hobbies that help that along. Open to ideas lol.

Clothes for women are just weird. I have a handful of brands that fit me well and I basically stick to those. Even though hourglass is supposedly "ideal", few people really cater to that bodyshape either. Pants that fit my hips will most definitely bag at the waist. I live for stretchy pants. And don't get me started on my monster calves. Skinny jeans will just never be my thing I guess because even jeggings bag at my knees and are stretched to the limit at my calf and quad. :'(

Parking in LA is a struggle in general. I drive by an LA Fitness where part of the parking is on the busy street and the tiny lot is not easy to get in or out of, so have never even tried going there. Then again I'm just glad where I work has a parking lot. I used to work in a store in the Hollywood area where the garage cost money and I work retail, not gonna pay every shift so would have to find street parking then go to my car really late at night. Now at least I work at a location with a parking area that doesn't cost money. Some of the other LA gyms will have a garage and give a discount but still costs to park there.
    Thankfully San Diego isn't nearly as crowded and there's typically plenty of parking. This YMCA is just poorly laid out, plus the January rush and the fact that when I get there after work there is a large children's gymnastics session so there's even more people.

Hey, Clinos, I knocked the cobwebs off and rode in today! No, really, had to knock off cobwebs. Plus my hands are FREEZING and my right hand is numb from having to pin it for 25 miles straight. But bike ran well and I seem to recall how to operate it.

Thursday
    Excuse time.... meeting that ran over to 6:30 and it was raining and I just didn't feel like lifting so I went home and had wine instead. Still looks like alcohol in any tiny amount plus keto suck for me, as I have a headache again.
    1537 cal 93P/68F/43C

Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah I guess I made myself sound like some sort of Gollum creature. It's not *that* bad but it's definitely a visible deformity. I can't really talk about body image or uneven boob fat with many people. I work with all men due to my field, and most of my non-work friends are gay men or men with motorcycles or men who play hockey. I really need to make girlfriends but I don't have any hobbies that help that along. Open to ideas lol.

Clothes for women are just weird. I have a handful of brands that fit me well and I basically stick to those. Even though hourglass is supposedly "ideal", few people really cater to that bodyshape either. Pants that fit my hips will most definitely bag at the waist. I live for stretchy pants. And don't get me started on my monster calves. Skinny jeans will just never be my thing I guess because even jeggings bag at my knees and are stretched to the limit at my calf and quad. :'(

Thankfully San Diego isn't nearly as crowded and there's typically plenty of parking. This YMCA is just poorly laid out, plus the January rush and the fact that when I get there after work there is a large children's gymnastics session so there's even more people.

Hey, Clinos, I knocked the cobwebs off and rode in today! No, really, had to knock off cobwebs. Plus my hands are FREEZING and my right hand is numb from having to pin it for 25 miles straight. But bike ran well and I seem to recall how to operate it.

Thursday
    Excuse time.... meeting that ran over to 6:30 and it was raining and I just didn't feel like lifting so I went home and had wine instead. Still looks like alcohol in any tiny amount plus keto suck for me, as I have a headache again.
    1537 cal 93P/68F/43C

Don't worry, I assumed it wasn't that bad at all. Oh my gosh though, we could do so many posts just on the struggles of women's clothing. I have so many issues between the sizing, the length and the make of things. Even my work scrubs are problematic. They are too long, coworkers step on them, the pants are small but too big (I wear shorts or workout capris under them) but the sm top is too tight. The stitching is terrible too. Leggings are often too long on me since I never made it to 5' tall. I have the calf issue too! Always have. Boots are a struggle too cause my feet are small in comparison so anything that fits over them freakin' calves are too big for my wittle feet.

I work in a place that does have a fair share of women but still, not where I'm going to talk personal things. And no friends really outside of except the rare time I get to a writing group session where we talk about writing so yeah, not gonna be on body issues either.

Sometimes we need a little wine. Though too bad it gave you a headache. I didn't know you were doing keto. My aunt is trying it out as she has blood sugar issues along with weight issues and has been doing better with the lower carbs.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Re: Bikes. Well I haven't been talking about that for a reason. I can't ride to work anymore! My current bike is just a lil baby 250 with a 65 mile range. My commute to the new job is 45 miles round trip. I am way too lazy and prone to running late to make time fuel up everyday. I've flirted with the idea of getting another sportbike, but there are soooooo many other things to suck my money up right now that I just can't justify the splurge. Plus, I'm just not confident my current parking situation is secure enough to prevent another theft. However, the track day is 10 days away, so this weekend will include oil changes and brake bleeds. I should probably hop on and ride a bit this weekend just to ensure I remember how. I'm probably going to embarrass myself at the track. Well.... at least I have the excuse that my bike tops out at about 90 so I don't expect to be "fast". Some of the guys I'm going with offered to let me use their track dedicated sportbikes, but (1) that makes me nervous and (2) I haven't really gotten my confidence back after crashing the 250 in 2017, so I *need* to get the seat time on this bike to really evaluate if I'm going to stick with the supermoto or swap to something else.
    Didn't know you were on a 250. It's all about the ride sometimes not so much the distance or speed, but yeah for commuting that'd be a no. I'd also be a bit nervous on someone else's bike on a timed or competitive track, despite my track skill. I hate borrowing my buddys bikes even when running down the street for something like an oil filter I forgot. I saw your later post, good on you getting back out. lol I get the numb hands on long distance, short distance too sometimes depending on the traffic. A friend of mine has a throttle lock that is wrist controlled, I'll see it I can find it and I'll send you the link.

IG can be a trap but there are also some places of encouragement with a variety of posts. But it's definitely good to talk and encourage about the body shape and to appreciate what we have.

Yeah, parking for me is such a big deal, again I know 1st world problems. When I worked retail that was part of it as well, don't get me wrong I'll work where needed for the funds but even as a guy I get skivved out with late night parking even the free sort, so depending on the wage I'd pay just to have a lit path. Sucks because it took away from my paycheck dropping me down like a dollar or two per hour overall but you have to do what you have to do. For recreational or otherwise parking I'll pay the cost of the parking ticket which is cheaper than the cost of the garage.

IG for young girls...don't even get me started. Have to constantly point out that the video they are watching or picture shown has perfect lighting and above average editing, or all the labels on the "I happen to use this product" are facing forward, etc. Really have to police it and re-address it every once in awhile. I do give my girls credit though, when all of their friends were doing that lip challenge they elected to use common sense instead. Sometimes I think it's not so much the influencers or the models, it's the peer pressure.

ok mavd, back to you.

Sometimes we need a little wine. Though too bad it gave you a headache. I didn't know you were doing keto. My aunt is trying it out as she has blood sugar issues along with weight issues and has been doing better with the lower carbs.
    Yeah I ended up on keto because to hit my fat and protein macros, it didn't seem much of a stretch to take it a few carbs lower so I thought to give it a try. I'm still eating veggies and fruits etc, just cut back on the grains and potatoes mostly. It hasn't been hard to adhere to at all surprisingly enough. I have minimal appetite and I find myself eating just to hit 1400 cals half the time. The energy levels are different, my cardio is improving but lifting heavy is pretty taxing and I seem to need a bit more recovery time.

Didn't know you were on a 250. It's all about the ride sometimes not so much the distance or speed, but yeah for commuting that'd be a no. I'd also be a bit nervous on someone else's bike on a timed or competitive track, despite my track skill. I hate borrowing my buddys bikes even when running down the street for something like an oil filter I forgot. I saw your later post, good on you getting back out. lol I get the numb hands on long distance, short distance too sometimes depending on the traffic. A friend of mine has a throttle lock that is wrist controlled, I'll see it I can find it and I'll send you the link.
    Yamaha WR250X. The only street legal supermoto that I could ride comfortably (height is fine on the track but not the street). It was supposed to be a "second bike" to my R6, but the R6 got stolen around the same time I was purchasing and I never got around to replacing it. I'd love another R6 but budget priorities state otherwise. Interested in the throttle lock, although it still doesn't account for the tiny tank. There are "dessert tanks" but again, money pits when I have a condo to update. On the bike front, I did a oil change and bled my front brakes yesterday, and dropped her off with the group that's hauling to the track. Getting a bit nervous, everyone says Big Willow Raceway is a "liter bike track", so I'm in for a challenge on the lil girl. Plus it's been 2 years since I was on a track and I'm feeling much more mortal now that I'm in my 30s!

IG for young girls...don't even get me started. Have to constantly point out that the video they are watching or picture shown has perfect lighting and above average editing, or all the labels on the "I happen to use this product" are facing forward, etc. Really have to police it and re-address it every once in awhile. I do give my girls credit though, when all of their friends were doing that lip challenge they elected to use common sense instead. Sometimes I think it's not so much the influencers or the models, it's the peer pressure.

ok mavd, back to you.
    Even in my head I know all the tricks they use, but on a bad day I can still find myself staring at a mirror pinching and grabbing at the flaws. What a mind fcvk society creates for women. Do I even want to know what the lip challenge is? I'm still reeling from "tide pod challenge"......

Friday
    Hockey - left wing, ~20 min ice time. Played really well, got a couple of assists. Definitely starting to get back to where I was a few years ago.
    1862 cal 102P/103F/47C

Saturday
    Lots of errands and no workout.
    1301 cal 70P/106F/23C

Sunday
    Squat 5x45 4x95 3x140 5x140 4x145 3x150 2x155 (PR! And first ever full body-weight squat!)
    Bench 5x45 3x95 3x110 2x110 3x3x105
    Rack Pull 5x45 5x95 5x135 3x155 2x5x155
    SS
    Face Pull 4x8x35
    Bosu Mountain Climbers 4x10
    1396 cal 95P/106F/25C
    I've always known I wasn't squatting at max but back always scares me so I rarely progress. But was feeling confident yesterday and I'm quite pleased. Considering I weighed in at 155 last week, squatting 155 feels like a big deal!

LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Congrats on the squat PR! Your comments about you bike are interesting. I've never ridden an type of motorcycle, so a lot of what you post, I've never even considered. On a visit to Key West we rented scooters, but I'm thinking they are not the same thing, LOL!

Originally Posted by LynnInAla View Post
    Congrats on the squat PR! Your comments about you bike are interesting. I've never ridden an type of motorcycle, so a lot of what you post, I've never even considered. On a visit to Key West we rented scooters, but I'm thinking they are not the same thing, LOL!
    Thanks! Scooters aren't exactly a motorcycle but you experience a lot of the same risks and some of the same rewards. I rented them on Cozumel once and had a blast.

Monday
    30 mi Peloton HIIT class.
    1755 cal 151P/114F/34C

Tuesday
    No workout, had to run errands this morning before work so didn't want to go to hockey until midnight
    1755 cal 151P/114F/34C

Week 5 Weigh in: 154.5 (-0.2 for week, -10.2 overall)

Yay for squats!

I don't eat a ton of carbs on a regular basis. Forget about pasta half the time and such but still couldn't go for a full keto style approach as then I'd want donuts and such. Plus I get lazy on food prep and the easy go to meal at work is a sandwich cause mmm bread.

I follow a few on IG that are more about showing strong women than about a particular body shape, like girlswhopowerlift and grrrl_clothing.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Yay for squats!

I don't eat a ton of carbs on a regular basis. Forget about pasta half the time and such but still couldn't go for a full keto style approach as then I'd want donuts and such. Plus I get lazy on food prep and the easy go to meal at work is a sandwich cause mmm bread.

I follow a few on IG that are more about showing strong women than about a particular body shape, like girlswhopowerlift and grrrl_clothing.
    Those pages are pretty awesome!

I really can't say how much credit goes strictly to the keto for the following but I will say a few things have been easier this cut: (1) Literally never hungry. I eat to hit macros and micros and not in response to hunger. This means it's been easier to adhere to while not at home (no fast food while out running errands, it's nbd to just eat when I get home). Also, easier to deny cravings because when I want something (read: french fries) I am quite able to recognize that it is a reaction to stress and not a physiological need. Apparently, stress makes me want french fries and wine. (2) Reduced cravings. I am not experiencing sweet cravings. The few sweet things still in my diet taste sweeter and better (been having greek yogurt with a zero cal sweetener, hemp hearts, and raspberries every day and it tastes like dessert). Most things I crave now, salty treats, I can easily sub within the keto allowance. (3) Regular as ****. Won't get too detailed but I've had IBS since age 7 and I've never had it under this much control. (4) Alcohol, while allowed, makes me feel like sh1+ for a good day after even small amounts so I've got great motivation to with-stain completely. I'm still having a few beers here and there socially, but I've cut way back.

Wednesday
    Didn't have gym clothes again. And had to work late. My excuses are getting really lame.
    1308 cal 143P/65F/51C (fat too low, net carbs were still in acceptable range though, skipped dinner because lack of hunger and stress)

Also, I was annoyed at yesterday's weigh in showing no progress. So I peaked again this morning, 152.7 (-2 for the week). But I'm not going to count it because I'm a stickler for my arbitrary and self imposed rules. Last cut I weighed daily and did a moving average but this time I'm committed to weekly only in my data collection.

Thursday
    Trap bar DL 5x45 5x135 3x185 3x205 4x3x225
    SS
    OHP 2x5x60 2x4x65 1x3x65
    Busa Squat 4x8x26
    SS
    Assisted pullup 10x84 10x78 2x8x75
    Russian Twist 4x10x12.5
    SS
    Incline Bench 4x8x70
    Leg Press 15x90 3x15x140

Screwed up on the diet. BF wanted to order from our favorite Mexican place so I got huevos con chorizo (eggs and sausage) but apparently this place puts potatoes in their dish. Couldn't let tasty food go to waste so I guess we'll call it a carb refeed. I estimate calories around 2000 and 140P/70F/110C.

However.... forgot my gym pass but I was determined to not be a slacker so I went to the gym at 9pm after dinner. I think the carbs helped me knock out twice as many reps on DL than last attempt. Something to keep in mind I guess. Feeling fluff af today from it though lol. Going to drop low on carbs to get rid of this water fluff by Sunday so I fit my tush in those leathers.

Friday
    Hockey, 20 min ice time. We lost. I played center again and won almost 50% of my face offs which is cool.
    1700 cal 95P/100F/60C

Weekend Update
    Keto and calorie counting proved too challenging/distracting over the weekend as I traveled. I didn't go too nuts but I was likely around maintenance calories and outside of keto carb counts. Resuming Keto, cal counting, and training today.

As for the track day, it was 42 and raining all afternoon. Not exactly ideal, but I toughed it out. Actually, I was one of the only people to do so. Meaning I got several track sessions all to myself or with just me and my bf coaching me. Pretty awesome experience to say the least. No pics because honestly, my bike was way underpowered for the track and I wasn't really riding to the edge of my limits given the conditions so I'm not going to blow $$ on the pro shots that are available.

On a negative note, lost my wallet Friday night so I had to go all weekend without a DL or credit card, and spent several hours so far today at the DMV. PITA to say the least.

Monday
    Squat 5x45 3x95 3x125 3x4x145 2x3x145
    BB Row 5x5x95
    Superset
    Single arm DB Bench 4x8x30
    Side Delt Raise 2x8x15s 2x6x15s
    Nutrition: Finished the Mexican leftovers for dinner so didn't actually count calories or hit keto. Wasn't much left so I'm sure I was way way under calories (Yay for stress and lack of appetite I guess?) Anyway, tracking cals and keto today.

Tuesday
    Really stressful day at work. Ended up having pizza and wine for dinner and not going to hockey as planned.
    2544 cal 85P/257C/108F
    Week 6 Weigh In: 154.5 (no change, because pizza binge)

Non-fitness: Got taxes done (bigger refund than expected so, yay), watched Bohemian Rhapsody finally (cried a lot), need to go get my bike tonight from the group that took it to the track so gym is questionable. Also, have no food in the house so have to do cafeteria for lunch. No hockey on Friday because it's a holiday weekend I guess?

mmm Pizza!

Nice work on getting the taxes done. I still need to print out my w-2. Should probably do that soon. And yeah, it's President's Day weekend or something like that. Doesn't affect me as I work Sunday and Monday but eh, I guess others have a holiday.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Lifted on Friday and Monday but have not been tracking calories or eating well or doing any form of cardio. I don't think I was ever such a stress-eater as I am these days. I would really like to go back to Keto as that really seemed to help but it takes a decent amount of prep and I haven't had time the last week. Family is coming to visit next week so there won't be any Keto then. I guess the cut resumes in March.

Lifted on Friday and Monday but have not been tracking calories or eating well or doing any form of cardio. I don't think I was ever such a stress-eater as I am these days. I would really like to go back to Keto as that really seemed to help but it takes a decent amount of prep and I haven't had time the last week. Family is coming to visit next week so there won't be any Keto then. I guess the cut resumes in March.
    Food prep is always one of those things where I know it's a good idea but the effort at the given time... rarely happens. Have fun with the family! You can join me cutting in March. I'm hoping to have things locked down better deficit wise for then too and maybe put a goal of losing 4 lbs. Would like to compete again in my preferred weight class so need to get rid of at least some fluff by summer.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

I hate on Cardio all the time, even IRL, so no comment. But I dated a woman for 5 years that would prep out a meal week on Sunday. I thought it was odd..4 days of leftovers? But now I do it. I've slightly matured. :/

Tuesday
    Really stressful day at work. Ended up having pizza and wine for dinner and not going to hockey as planned.
    2544 cal 85P/257C/108F
    Week 6 Weigh In: 154.5 (no change, because pizza binge)

Non-fitness: Got taxes done (bigger refund than expected so, yay), watched Bohemian Rhapsody finally (cried a lot), need to go get my bike tonight from the group that took it to the track so gym is questionable. Also, have no food in the house so have to do cafeteria for lunch. No hockey on Friday because it's a holiday weekend I guess?
    This is good honesty. Consider it as a recalibration. Mine is Knob Creek and a recliner. I've had those days, no TV, no internet, no Media, nothing electronic, just a recliner at 2 fingers and 9 steps later to mybed. I'll deal with it tomorrow.

Cafeteria lunch is the bomb. I know it can be generally crappy but in my 20's I made many gains from the availability of the buffet and the Sodexo Chefs. Later in life I struggle to find such a variety of food and available protein.

Food prep is always one of those things where I know it's a good idea but the effort at the given time... rarely happens. Have fun with the family! You can join me cutting in March. I'm hoping to have things locked down better deficit wise for then too and maybe put a goal of losing 4 lbs. Would like to compete again in my preferred weight class so need to get rid of at least some fluff by summer.
    Get. Er. Done.

:wave: Had a good week off of work and eating all the things. Didn't lift, but did a spin class, kayaked, sailed, and was generally active. Feeling crappy today so the gym is a question mark. Should be back into things this week though. Oh, and I got a puppy (pics to come).

oooo Puppy! Can't wait for the pics. Sounds like great week. Nice on all of the activities, including kayaking. All sounds fun plus mmm food.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

*sigh* Came down with a cold plus work insanity (again, notice a theme since I moved?) means no gym so far. Good chance I'll be pulling double shifts all week and won't have the energy to work out.

Aww. Hope you get feeling better soon. Good luck with the double shifts. Sounds brutal.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Aww. Hope you get feeling better soon. Good luck with the double shifts. Sounds brutal.
    It was, especially with the cold. Luckily we finished on Friday so I still got a few days to recover. I played hockey on Friday evening and managed to get to the gym and lift for the first time since February 18 on Sunday. I am feeling it today. Don't have my notebook with me but from memory:
    Deadlift ~7 sets, maxed at 205 and failed a 215 attempt
    Bench 5 sets, including 5x, 4x, 3x110 which might be a volume PR for that weight
    3-pt rows superset with Leg extensions
    Ridiculous challenge with the bf for planks w/ both legs and forearms on bosu balls, he definitely won

Brought my spin shoes so hopefully I'll get a Peloton class in this evening. Haven't gotten back to keto or tracking but have reigned the diet in some. Been having a ton of breakouts over the last 2 weeks, wonder if my skin liked keto and is rebelling?

Nice you got some time to recover. Wouldn't know on the skin as I've never had much issues nor have I tried keto. I just don't have any special creams, washes or wear makeup. Lucky in the skin department I suppose. As interesting as some keto items seems, I'm all about them carbs.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Nice you got some time to recover. Wouldn't know on the skin as I've never had much issues nor have I tried keto. I just don't have any special creams, washes or wear makeup. Lucky in the skin department I suppose. As interesting as some keto items seems, I'm all about them carbs.
    I've had decent skin post-teenage hormones. The recent problems could also be stress-induced between the guests and work being how it is these days.

Monday
    25 min SS on bike + 20 min intervals on Peloton bike

Lower back hurts, work is stressful, life is an endless loop of blah. -.-