Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Clinos View Post
    3. Wear the dress to the hockey game where you watch from the VIP booth while sipping beer in a champagne glass.
    Lol WIN. Someone just introduced me to "beer-mosa" yesterday too: Beer (Miller High Life) mixed with champagne. It was actually pretty good.

Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    I'm so behind on this that you've survived the wedding and beyond. The dress looked great, much better than on the initial pictures shown. Yay for calories too. Nice to have that break but know what you mean on wanting a new motivation. I can never get myself to spend money on clothes let alone ones that don't fit yet, but do know some people find that an effective form of motivation. Hockey sounds fun too though. hmmmm

Good luck!
    Lol option 3 was sarcastic as that's what kick started this cut. I do NOT recommend letting your ego outweigh measurements and size guides when making large purchases.

Weekend Update: No lifting. No tracking. Lots of beer. Still kind of floundering in the Land of Lack of Goal. Leaning towards the "Better at hockey" idea. Saturday I went out on the supermoto and rode some dirt roads. I'm petrified of dirt roads (I had a very difficult time staying rubberside down on the dirt portions of the supermoto racetrack the few times I've gone). But I didn't crash. So yay! Sunday was the first kickball game of the season. I've been moved to second base (used to play first and right outfield). I also got on base all but one time I was kicking (and that one time I would've got on base except they tagged another base-runner off my kick). Running in cleats leaves me with massively sore quads, so today I have massively sore quads. Anyway, we lost mostly because we can't seem to get any good offensive production.
    Instagram: @doctorv17

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So I'm going the improve-at-hockey route for now. I found a workout on here deemed "Hockey Trainer". It focuses on explosiveness and a strong core with very short rest intervals. Instead of my normal very slow reps, I'm going to work on exploding through each lift then doing a slow, controlled return. Ex: Bench press I slowly lower then explode as fast as I can to the top. The nice thing about this goal is my bf will do these workouts with me, so he's less likely to try to prevent me from going to the gym (he's got that thing where he can stay skinny-ripped without even trying while eating 4000 calories a day...). Going to not track calories for the time being because I'm really not that concerned about weight as long as I like what I see in the mirror. The workout plan doesn't actually take in to a account any ice skating, but it does have one interval cardio day and one steady state cardio day, and two rest days. If I stick to the schedule, interval day is the day I currently skate so that works out well. The steady state and rest days will likely be modified to include extra skating, spin classes, and kickball.

10/16/17
    (45 sec between sets)
    DB Bench: 4x8x30#ea
    Medicine Ball Slam: 10x6#+10x8#+2x10x10#
    Russian Twist (as fast as possible): 3x15x10#
    Lat Pulldown (target: fast and as many reps as possible): 12x70#+15x60#+9x60#
    Tricep Rope Push: 10x20#+10x30#+10x32.5#

Thoughts: It's a bit short. Finished in 20 minutes. But I was definitely working and sweating. The ball slams are fun, and security came to check what was making all the noise at 8:30pm lol. One of the workouts is more leg intensive, but since that's only once a week I'm considering adding something like jump squats or glute bridges in here. Then again, between skating, spinning, and kickball, my legs are getting quite a bit of work so perhaps it's not necessary. If I don't add that maybe I'll add a round or two of tabata in next week.

Anyway. Tonight is yoga and drop-in. I've heard rumors that if you play on a league at this rink you can do the drop in and skating clinic for free. If that's true, I'll be signing up for league play tonight. Then I could be skating 3 times a week for only ~$25. Last time I skated that much, I was eating 3.5k cal/day trying to bulk and only gaining ~0.3#/week. I could eat ALL the ice cream and drink ALL the beer and wine and still wear my bridesmaid dress to a Red Wings game.

10/17/2017
    Food: No splurges
    Protein: ~90 g
    Workout:
    Yoga - 60 min
    Drop in Hockey - 80 min/40 min ice time

Had a sub yoga instructor. We've had this girl before. Instead of a "chill" Vinyasa flow she's more of a Power Flow. Which is fine, but not really want I wanted yesterday.

Hockey was okay too. I skated hard and got a good workout, but we made the mistake of playing for white jerseys when we usually play black. There's this group of guys from Russia (not kidding) that always play together on the white team and they're absolutely terrible. They can skate and shoot, but they don't give a **** about playing positions, or playing onside, or passing the puck at all. So basically instead of playing Wing like I usually do I had to play Wing on defense and Defense on offense to cover them. By the end I was frustrated enough for the other team to notice and comment in the locker room.

Tonight I need to try to squeeze in a lift session and kickball practice. Hopefully the lift session is as short as the last one.

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sounds like you have a good idea going. Some interesting lift sessions and cardio that won't be dreaded. Seems like a good plan. Plus, food! hehe
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

Sounds like you have a good idea going. Some interesting lift sessions and cardio that won't be dreaded. Seems like a good plan. Plus, food! hehe
    Food is definitely the best thing going right now. I just don't have the motivation to be shredded like I did 5 years ago. Fit and a lil thick and a lot more relaxed is where I'm at.

As for the "interesting lifts" my chesticles hurt more than they ever have in my entire life. Apparently the combo of explosive bench and explosive slams does some damage. Current state: Can't lift arms above shoulders lol

Skipped both gym and practice. I need to see about getting my IUD taken out, lately it's been making me useless for 2 days straight every month. So instead of lifting, I had two dinners and a bowl of ice cream and caught up on reading.

jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey there! long time no see. Hope your IUD situation works out. And explosive workouts sounds fun!! I started doing it for my big lifts too. Def builds strength faster.
    5'6 140lbs
    1rm:
    220/95/250 (Nov 2017)
    240/115/285 (March 2018)

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174268291

Originally Posted by jessswooo View Post
    Hey there! long time no see. Hope your IUD situation works out. And explosive workouts sounds fun!! I started doing it for my big lifts too. Def builds strength faster.
    Thanks. Not sure what to do if I remove it. I went with that to axe hormonal BC and don't want to go back to that. Maybe no BC at all (bf is um.... fixed lol)

Log Catch Up:
    Thursday - Lift and 3 mile walk
    Friday - 30 min spin class
    Saturday - Lift and dyed my hair purple (lol)
    Sunday - Kickball and beer

Pulled something in my right quad in spin. Annoyed the **** out of it by supersetting lunges and front squats on Saturday. Couldn't run at kickball/was barely able to walk after kicking. Iced it some, should get a bit of a break until hockey tomorrow as today's lifts don't include any lower body.

Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The purple hair is awesome! Hope your leg gets better super sonic quick. Pesky lunges and stuff not helping, pfft. I don't worry about BC but two dinners, bowl of ice cream and reading, now that sounds like a good time.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

The purple hair is awesome! Hope your leg gets better super sonic quick. Pesky lunges and stuff not helping, pfft. I don't worry about BC but two dinners, bowl of ice cream and reading, now that sounds like a good time.
    I just started "The Fifth Season" by N.K. Jemisin and am having a hard time putting it down!

And thanks, I'll have to post a picture of my hair here. It feels so good to have it short(ish) again too. However, I have ruined my white pillowcase :'D

10/23/17
    DB Bench on Busa: 4x8x25#ea
    Medicine Ball Slam: 10x10#+3x10x12#
    Russian Twist (as fast as possible): 3x15x10#
    Lat Pulldown (target: fast and as many reps as possible): 20x50#+15x60#+10x60#
    Tricep Rope Push: 3x10x30#
    Glute Bridge: 20 sec on/10 off x8 w/ 35# and X-Heavy Band

Current ideas floating for Halloween:
    Skeleton (recycle from 2 years ago)
    Raven from Teen Titans, because I have her hair
    Troll, because I have their hair too lol

10/24/17
    Vinyasa Yoga - 60 min
    Drop in Hockey - 80 min/~30 min ice time

Yay, regular yoga instructor back. Everyone else likes the more intense yoga with the other girl better, but I'm there to stretch and relax not workout so I'm happy.

Hockey was good. I scored a goal, which almost never happens because I can't shoot to save my life. But I also took a slap shot to the back of my calf, part of about 12 square inches on my entire body that isn't padded. It hurt like a mo-fo and now I've got a nice puck shaped welt there. It's going to be all sorts of pretty colors in the next few days.

The quad is still not happy. It's basically permanently charlie-horsed. Yoga didn't help it loosen at all, and hockey wasn't exactly kind to it either. Every time I fell it really strained it to stand back up. Skating itself wasn't bad, unless I fell then I basically had to skate one-legged off the ice and let it stop spasming for a bit before I could play again. I tend to fall a lot so I ended up taking pretty short shifts. Between that and the calf (same damned leg lol) I was in a bit of pain last night and having a hard time falling asleep. Ended up popping a muscle relaxer and smothering the quad in IcyHot. The combo helped me fall asleep, but this morning it's more of the same. I guess I'll try to foam roll it at the gym later. Only legs-centric lift on the workout plan is deadlift, which shouldn't bother the quad.

Yay Purple! Still looking awesome.

The Halloween ideas are fun. We can dress up for work and I'm done early enough I could go out if I wanted to... I have no plans. Maybe wear the cat ears headband that I have. That's about it for me.

Good luck with the quad and the bruising. All just sounds painful but hopefully heal time is quick.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Yay Purple! Still looking awesome.

The Halloween ideas are fun. We can dress up for work and I'm done early enough I could go out if I wanted to... I have no plans. Maybe wear the cat ears headband that I have. That's about it for me.

Good luck with the quad and the bruising. All just sounds painful but hopefully heal time is quick.
    I have since added Sailor Jupiter from the Sailor Moon anime series to the candidate list. I reaaaaally want be her but the others require minimum effort on the costume front so they'll probably win out. I'm going to a party on Friday and probably out downtown SD on Saturday, plus we're wearing costumes to kickball on Sunday and there's a costume contest at work on Halloween. I don't think I've had this many opportunities to dress up ever!

10/25/17
    Hit the jacuzzi instead of the weights. Quad is thankful. Will lift before trivia tonight.

jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mavd View Post
    Thanks. Not sure what to do if I remove it. I went with that to axe hormonal BC and don't want to go back to that.
    AH. I have the arm implant thing for BC. think it's called explanon. I used to get pretty bad emotional swings on BC and this one though, doesn't give me any! It's hormonal too tho. maybe it works different on different ppl. but its very very convenient and i love it.
    5'6 140lbs
    1rm:
    220/95/250 (Nov 2017)
    240/115/285 (March 2018)

I have since added Sailor Jupiter from the Sailor Moon anime series to the candidate list. I reaaaaally want be her but the others require minimum effort on the costume front so they'll probably win out. I'm going to a party on Friday and probably out downtown SD on Saturday, plus we're wearing costumes to kickball on Sunday and there's a costume contest at work on Halloween. I don't think I've had this many opportunities to dress up ever!
    Sounds so fun. I wish i had a lifting team so everyone can wear costume to workout.... LOL
    Couldn't find the post where you say what you're going to be for halloween. Who is it going to be??
    5'6 140lbs
    1rm:
    220/95/250 (Nov 2017)
    240/115/285 (March 2018)

ooooo. That is very fun. I haven't seen or read any of the Sailor Moon stuff but it's so iconic that one can know about them without having the background information. Great that you have so many options so you can do more than one if you really want. I just have work on Halloween. Not doing anything over the weekend.

Envy the jacuzzi. So nice.

Originally Posted by jessswooo View Post
    Sounds so fun. I wish i had a lifting team so everyone can wear costume to workout.... LOL
    Couldn't find the post where you say what you're going to be for halloween. Who is it going to be??
    I'd totally lift in a costume too!
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Been busy. Haven't lifted. Bf got hit by a stupid bi-otch in a car this morning on his motorcycle so we'll be skipping yoga and hockey tonight so he can recover. I'm currently experiencing the adrenaline crash from the phone call. He is mostly okay but I really just want to go home and hold on to him for a while. But he's not there, because his stupid boss is giving him a hard time about missing work because he's new and he took a sick day two weeks ago and a two days off before that for the wedding trip. So he went in, on his bike because we only have one car and two bikes between us. He thinks he's fine, but I crashed last year and I didn't even BEGIN to start hurting until about 5 hours after. 48 hours later I was in the ER.

Yikes. Hopefully he is okay. The pain and struggles can be delayed, as you experienced. Hard when newer on the job too as haven't built up the time off or dealt with the others long enough but sometimes it can't be helped.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Yikes. Hopefully he is okay. The pain and struggles can be delayed, as you experienced. Hard when newer on the job too as haven't built up the time off or dealt with the others long enough but sometimes it can't be helped.
    He's pretty banged up. Worse than he was trying to let on to me and he's going to the doctor's at 10. His boss can suck it. I did manage to convince him to take the car today because his neck is stiff and it's really stupid to ride with limited mobility.

As for yesterday, we actually did still do yoga because the bf wanted to try to stretch things out and all that, but he ended up sitting out most of it. I had to put my foot down about hockey, he wanted to still go and just watch me play but I put him to bed at 9 instead. I basically accomplished that by saying we'd go play on Friday if he's feeling up to it.

Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Everything OK?
    Ndtha ton eda yi'mg oIng tofi

Sm2sm crew []-[]-[]--Squat Moar to Squat Moar[]-[]-[]

Unlawful possession of a raccoon

Oh man I'm sorry your bf got hit. Hope he recovers fast and well. Hope you guys are doing ok.
    5'6 140lbs
    1rm:
    220/95/250 (Nov 2017)
    240/115/285 (March 2018)

Welp. Fell off the bandwagon a bit. My knee and neck started REALLY acting up (leftovers from last year's crash) and then holiday mayhem. I think I need to join a real gym to have access to full equipment (i.e. squat rack) so I can get my motivation back. I'm really considering doing a competition this year (the only local one is in August, which is probably the appropriate timeline given I'm back to being a chunky monkey lol). Anyway, I'll be gym shopping this weekend, along with all the other New Year's resolutioners :'D

Is 8 months out too early to pay for coaching?

Feel like a fraud even posting here because I haven't lifted in about a month. I've become completely uninspired by the limited weight selection at my apartment gym. If that isn't enough of an excuse, my neck and knee still hurt. If that isn't enough of an excuse, I'm fighting with the bf. If that isn't enough.... Aunt Flow came to see me.

Yeah. I know. A bunch of BS excuses. My favorite "comfy cuz they're kind of loose" dress pants are feeling snug around the thighs. FML. Sigh.

Oh, in non-whiney news, I finally got the stupid IUD removed and Aunt Flow doesn't have me vomiting from pain and anemic for the first time in 7 years!

Back to somewhat bodybuilding related topics. Looking for a new workout. Goal will be to drop fat and maintain muscle. Can be anything, because I will def be joining a real gym. Needs to not be designed by me because I tend to cut corners from my own plans if I'm feeling low energy but would never dream of doing that to a "real plan". As for diet, I need to get back to meal prep. I found a Whole30 Freezer/Slowcooker meal list, so I'll probably make ~15 of those this weekend. I doubt I'll do the actual Whole30 diet because it's fad-y and quitting wine cold turkey may just kill me, but at least it will cover dinners and lunches without eating too much of my time. But I also need to add more fish back into my diet and that doesn't really work well with slowcookers. Hmm.

Feel like a fraud even posting here because I haven't lifted in about a month. I've become completely uninspired by the limited weight selection at my apartment gym. If that isn't enough of an excuse, my neck and knee still hurt. If that isn't enough of an excuse, I'm fighting with the bf. If that isn't enough.... Aunt Flow came to see me.

Yeah. I know. A bunch of BS excuses. My favorite "comfy cuz they're kind of loose" dress pants are feeling snug around the thighs. FML. Sigh.

Oh, in non-whiney news, I finally got the stupid IUD removed and Aunt Flow doesn't have me vomiting from pain and anemic for the first time in 7 years!

Back to somewhat bodybuilding related topics. Looking for a new workout. Goal will be to drop fat and maintain muscle. Can be anything, because I will def be joining a real gym. Needs to not be designed by me because I tend to cut corners from my own plans if I'm feeling low energy but would never dream of doing that to a "real plan". As for diet, I need to get back to meal prep. I found a Whole30 Freezer/Slowcooker meal list, so I'll probably make ~15 of those this weekend. I doubt I'll do the actual Whole30 diet because it's fad-y and quitting wine cold turkey may just kill me, but at least it will cover dinners and lunches without eating too much of my time. But I also need to add more fish back into my diet and that doesn't really work well with slowcookers. Hmm.
    That is a rough combination of events. I'm dealing with the shark week too though never had it quite that bad, so glad you got that handled and aren't suffering as much as before. I should add fish in my diet too. Maybe after sister pays me her share of the rent...

As for program, depends on the type you like to follow. Aside from the goals of maintaining muscle and losing fat, are there any preferences? How many days a week? Any lifts you want to focus on in particular?
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

As for program, depends on the type you like to follow. Aside from the goals of maintaining muscle and losing fat, are there any preferences? How many days a week? Any lifts you want to focus on in particular?
    3-4 days a week of lifting. I think I want to save a day or two for group cardio and yoga. The gym I'm leaning towards has an MMA class that sounds fun plus when my stress level dips back below "constant screech in the back of my head feeling" I will get back to hockey.

I'm leaning toward "Baby Got Back" because it's the only mainstream program that I haven't tried yet. But the descriptions make it sound more like a gainz thing than a maintainz thing.

With my current knee and back/neck problems, I think I'll need to stay away from really heavy squats and DLs. I also tried to do leg curl the other day and my knee was like "OH **** NO".

Edit: The knee thing. I crashed 14 months ago. Symptomatically I figured maybe a slight MCL tear, and due to my hypermobility I knew I would be considered non-operable. But a week ago I jogged for about a mile and was in excrutiating pain the next day and actually had visible swelling and light bruising below my knee cap. Freaked me right out.

3-4 days a week of lifting. I think I want to save a day or two for group cardio and yoga. The gym I'm leaning towards has an MMA class that sounds fun plus when my stress level dips back below "constant screech in the back of my head feeling" I will get back to hockey.

I'm leaning toward "Baby Got Back" because it's the only mainstream program that I haven't tried yet. But the descriptions make it sound more like a gainz thing than a maintainz thing.

With my current knee and back/neck problems, I think I'll need to stay away from really heavy squats and DLs. I also tried to do leg curl the other day and my knee was like "OH **** NO".

Edit: The knee thing. I crashed 14 months ago. Symptomatically I figured maybe a slight MCL tear, and due to my hypermobility I knew I would be considered non-operable. But a week ago I jogged for about a mile and was in excrutiating pain the next day and actually had visible swelling and light bruising below my knee cap. Freaked me right out.
    The knee thing does sound like a hassle. I've had problems with my knees since the 6th grade (basketball) but usually they don't cause problems. Squat hasn't been an issue but certain leg machines can cause a bit of an ache. I don't do them much either though. MMA sounds fun. I have learning hand to hand combat on my list of things to do some day.

I'm not very good at picking out programs, will admit. So far I have done: stronglifts, new rules of lifting for women, PHUL, peak cycle don't remember the name of, maybe one other thing and Sheiko. Seems like too many and too little at the same time since I've only been lifting for a few years. Sheiko was three days but now I'm back to more of a 4 day a week forum once I don't skip a day. I tried Sheiko hoping to increase bench. Squat and deadlift increased but bench didn't really go up much, maybe a lb or two with the others I still had move up 10 or so. Now I'm using some of the numbers from the Sheiko spreadsheet but have the days split so not benching every day. So sort of made up but we'll see if I decide on my next meet what I'll do to prepare.

Sorry, not much help with the program picking.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Joined gym, started Baby Got Back.

Rack pull 5x5 started at 95# and worked up to 125#
    Bent over row 3x8 @ 75#
    Bench 5x5 70-85# but only managed 2 at 85
    Incline DB bench 3x8 @ 20# ea
    Seated Calf Raise 3x12 @ 50#
    Weird oblique twist thing 3x10 @ 12#
    Cable crunch 3x10 @ 35#