Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Monday PM W7D4 L/H
    Some banded glute warm ups
    Front squat w/ medium band 1x3x45 4x8x75
    BB Lunge 4x8x75
    Leg extension 1x8x70 3x10x60
    Leg curl 4x12x50
    Calf press 4x10x220

Tuesday AM W8D1 U/P
    Bench press 1x3x45 1x3x75 1x3x95 3x3x100
    BB Rows 4x4x100
    OHP 1x6x60 1x4x60 2x6x55
    Assisted pull-up 1x6 w/60 2x6 w/65 1x8x60
    Incline DB Bench 4x8x30s
    No time for bis/tris.

I'm going to yoga tonight and possibly hockey.

Diet Check in
    The cut is on pause until after closing on the condo. I am just too stressed to function on low cal and I'm definitely eating comfort foods. I'm still being reasonable during the day but dinner is whatever the BF is willing to make, which yesterday translated to Detroit style loaded hot dogs (chili, nacho cheese, jalepenos, onions, and mustard, mmmmm) and a nice cold beer.
    Instagram: @doctorv17

MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good idea on waiting to cut until after the stress passes - also, super jealous that your BF cooks for you. My hubs does dishes, at least - but I cook 7 nights a week with a toddler on my hip hahaha.

Your leg extensions are insane to me - I'm only doing 25 lbs now and after 12 reps they feel exhausted - i can't imagine doing almost triple that weight for nearly the same reps.
    Trying to gain a booty so my husband can squeeze it:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175451341&page=4

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MissKB View Post
    Good idea on waiting to cut until after the stress passes - also, super jealous that your BF cooks for you. My hubs does dishes, at least - but I cook 7 nights a week with a toddler on my hip hahaha.

Your leg extensions are insane to me - I'm only doing 25 lbs now and after 12 reps they feel exhausted - i can't imagine doing almost triple that weight for nearly the same reps.
    Well, I DO make all the breakfasts and lunches, and do all the dishes. And work longer hours than him. And do 99% of the housework. And pay most of the rent :'D #feminism?

Apparently I have all the quads and you have all the hammies because your leg curl numbers make me shudder.

I took Wednesday off (besides a kickball practice) because I wasn't ready for heavy legs day after kickball on Sunday and hypertrophy legs on Monday. This morning was my spin class. Glutes and inner thighs still pretty DOM-y but I'll lift on Friday. Saturday is the "yoga" that is really @$$ kicking Tae-Bo insanity. This is the last week of kickball so I should be able to get back to lifting 4 days a week starting next week. Well, maybe. I might need a day or two to recover, because it's a tournament and we could play 3 back-to-back-to-back games if we win. We came in seeded #2, so it's a possibility. But, we also might lose two of our best players because they broke up with each other and both have stated they won't play.

My car is a little pathetic right now. It has my gym bag with all my spin and lifting gear in it, plus my bf's baseball gear and hockey gear, plus a kickball. Poor baby smells so bad.

W8D2 L/P
    Squats 5x45 3x95 4x3x135
    Trap bar DL 3x45 3x135 3x185 3x3x190
    Superset A
    Leg press 5x10x220
    Busa ball mountain climbers 4x10
    Superset B
    Leg curl 4x6x60
    Decline sit up 4x10
    Superset C
    Calf press 4x60x10
    Leg lift 3x10

W8D3 U/H
    Incline BB Bench 4x8x60
    Seated Cable Row (close grip) 4x8x90
    Superset A
    Plate press 4x12 w/5s
    3 point row 4x8x30s
    Lat side raise 4x12x10s
    Superset B
    Russian twist 4x10x10
    DB Hammer Curl 4x10x20s
    Tricep rope pushdown 4x8x35

We lost in round 2 of the kickball playoffs which is a bit of a disappointment. However, I had my best kick of the season which got two runs in to bring us to our smallest deficit. Small victories, I guess.

MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How are you feeling about PHUL now? Still ok? Bored? Sorry to hear about your stinky car and kickball playoffs great job on helping the team though! that sounds like such a fun sport to be a part of.

How are you feeling about PHUL now? Still ok? Bored? Sorry to hear about your stinky car and kickball playoffs great job on helping the team though! that sounds like such a fun sport to be a part of.
    PHUL is still getting the job done, I guess. I hate doing squats every lower workout, but most good 4 day splits have that. I figure I'll do 12 full weeks before considering jumping ship.

Kickball is fun, although possibly it was more fun when we weren't as good, because now there's pressure to win. I'm not the most coordinated person on the planet so I feel like I let the team down some, but I try to make up for it with strategy and coaching as I can wield my superior baseball knowledge. Always the fan, never the star athlete :*)

The hockey and baseball stuff is STILL in my car although I've asked him to put it away 100 times. The smell is never going to come out!!

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That's too bad about the playoffs but yay for the personal victory. Good luck with the smell issue in the car.

I like squating every lower body workout but eh, maybe I'm odd in that way. Upper body days are more of a struggle for me but they must be done.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    That's too bad about the playoffs but yay for the personal victory. Good luck with the smell issue in the car.

I like squating every lower body workout but eh, maybe I'm odd in that way. Upper body days are more of a struggle for me but they must be done.
    Yup I'm the total opposite. I prefer upper days. I absolutely hate squats, I can't really handle heavy weight and keep my right hip from going wonky because of my spinal curve. So I basically am giving my all 6+ years into lifting and hitting what feels ike beginner numbers (I'm actually pretty sure that 4x3x135 on Saturday was a personal best for working reps, was just ashamed to admit it). Other leg-centric lifts like DLs and presses I like, but then back to lunges my balance can be really off (not sure if that's the curve or just general clumsiness). Anyways, I feel like awkward AF legs days and generally just want them to be over.

Today I rolled over and turned my alarm off to get extra sleep. I can't blame benadryl (I figured out and eliminated the cause of the hives, Irish Springs soap that I'd been using off and on). I need to just go to bed earlier I guess, been averaging 10-1030 but it needs to be more like 9-930 to wake up at 530.

Oh.... and my "solution" to the stinky car problem is to start riding the motorcycle to work every day. A bit chilly with the May Gray (hah, I'm sooooo SoCal), but at least it's fresh air! And I can lane split through all the freaking traffic and save myself half an hour of commute.

astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by mavd View Post
    Yup I'm the total opposite. I prefer upper days. I absolutely hate squats, I can't really handle heavy weight and keep my right hip from going wonky because of my spinal curve. So I basically am giving my all 6+ years into lifting and hitting what feels ike beginner numbers (I'm actually pretty sure that 4x3x135 on Saturday was a personal best for working reps, was just ashamed to admit it). Other leg-centric lifts like DLs and presses I like, but then back to lunges my balance can be really off (not sure if that's the curve or just general clumsiness). Anyways, I feel like awkward AF legs days and generally just want them to be over.

Today I rolled over and turned my alarm off to get extra sleep. I can't blame benadryl (I figured out and eliminated the cause of the hives, Irish Springs soap that I'd been using off and on). I need to just go to bed earlier I guess, been averaging 10-1030 but it needs to be more like 9-930 to wake up at 530.
    Hey Mav! I have a love/hate relationship with squats. I like the challenge but I have trouble replicating good form every rep.

I’m an early riser too (4:30ish) so I try to get to bed by 10:00 at the latest, but the Astros are playing on your coast right now, so its after 9:00 here when the game starts. I usually watch a few innings then fall asleep listening to the radio broadcast.

Oh.... and my "solution" to the stinky car problem is to start riding the motorcycle to work every day. A bit chilly with the May Gray (hah, I'm sooooo SoCal), but at least it's fresh air! And I can lane split through all the freaking traffic and save myself half an hour of commute.
    Love your stinky car solution! Lane splitting isn’t legal here but it has been campaigned for multiple times with no success.

Great job on the RBIs (RKI?) in the tournament! I guess a passion for baseball does come in handy! I admire your range of activities ... I’m so boring!

This was an option the whole time?! GIRL! I'm so jealous! I told my hubby (who rides) that as soon as the kids are old enough to get on the bus everyday for school - momma's getting a motorcycle.

Congrats on 135! That's not a shameful personal best! You're killin' it and especially with a spinal curve as severe as yours.

Originally Posted by astronut96 View Post
    Hey Mav! I have a love/hate relationship with squats. I like the challenge but I have trouble replicating good form every rep.

I’m an early riser too (4:30ish) so I try to get to bed by 10:00 at the latest, but the Astros are playing on your coast right now, so its after 9:00 here when the game starts. I usually watch a few innings then fall asleep listening to the radio broadcast.

Love your stinky car solution! Lane splitting isn’t legal here but it has been campaigned for multiple times with no success.

Great job on the RBIs (RKI?) in the tournament! I guess a passion for baseball does come in handy! I admire your range of activities ... I’m so boring!
    Lane splitting prevents exactly the situation your bf ended up in, because being crunched between two cars is a lot more life threatening to a biker than a cager. I personally only lane filter through stopped traffic (moving vehicles make me nervous). But I hate when drivers say it scares them, excuse me, you people with your death machines and insect like attention spans scare me. /rant

Also I will say it is nice that the late games are no longer late for me, however, as a Detroit fan, I often now have games that start at 10am. They're over before I remember to turn the radio on!

This was an option the whole time?! GIRL! I'm so jealous! I told my hubby (who rides) that as soon as the kids are old enough to get on the bus everyday for school - momma's getting a motorcycle.

Congrats on 135! That's not a shameful personal best! You're killin' it and especially with a spinal curve as severe as yours.
    Doooo it! Or, at least take the training. If nothing else it'll make you a better passenger. That was my goal when I took it, and then I got my own endorsement and never looked back :-D

PHUL W8D4 L/H
    Forgot band so warmup was all bodyweight
    Front squats 1x3x45 4x8x75
    BB Lunge 4x8x75
    Leg extension 4x10x60
    Leg Curl 2x12x50 1x9x50 1x12x40
    No calves because let's face it I'm lazy and my skinny jeans already don't fit over those fukkers.

PHUL W9D1 U/P
    BB Bench 3x45 3x75 3x105 3x3x100
    BB Row 4x3x110
    OHP 3x6x60
    Superset A
    Assisted Pullup 4x6 w/65#
    DB Incline Bench 4x8x30s
    Superset B
    BB Curl 3x6x50
    Single arm skullcursher 3x6x20

Today is normally spin but the instructor was out. I think I'll go do a Peloton class tomorrow midday as I don't have to work. Stress level has wratcheted back up to a 11 out of 10 due to some snags in the mortgage and work situations. *sigh*

Friday
    Went to gym fully intending on doing a Peloton spin class, but it was occupied. I did 15 min of steady state on a spin bike and around of tabata. I'm bad at self-motivating cardio so I left after that.

Saturday
    Dhurva yoga at the rooftop thing. It was a pretty laid back class but the arch of my right foot kept spasming which was distracting.

Sunday
    We scrimmaged an A-league team and lost 2-0. I think we actually played pretty well defensively but we were having a hard time with the pitcher, he had a wicked fast side pitch. I was actually one of only two people to make it on base all day.

Monday AM PHUL W9D2 L/P
    Squats 5xBW 5x45 3x95 4x3x135
    Trap bar DL 3x45 3x135 4x3x195
    Leg press 5x10x220
    Lying leg curl 4x6x60
    Calf press 2x10x220 2x8x220

Other Rambles
    Diet has been sucky for the last week. Def seeing some bloat, but also def seeing some gains in the gym (most likely I just lift better on higher carbs, but the DL is a PR). The property manager at the condo is a raging POS and my closing is now in question because she isn't giving my lender the info they need. I was supposed to sign today and close on Wednesday, but that's obviously not happening.

Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Definitely sounds stressful. Hope things work out soon for you. Carbs and lifting better seems to make sense and at least the yay for the PR. Sounds like some good self motivation on the cardio to me. But last time I tried the bike by myself after about 5 minutes was like, nope I'm done.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Definitely sounds stressful. Hope things work out soon for you. Carbs and lifting better seems to make sense and at least the yay for the PR. Sounds like some good self motivation on the cardio to me. But last time I tried the bike by myself after about 5 minutes was like, nope I'm done.
    Still in limbo... it's so stressful! I wish it was all just over......

Yeah, 50 min of instructor led class flies by but I can't stand to bike by myself. Or, do any cardio really. I've tried tv and audiobooks. The only thing that really works is having a sports game on, but that's not always an option.

I didn't lift this morning because (1) I saw Deadpool 2 last night and was out a bit late and (2) still fighting the schedule with not lifting on weekends or Thursdays for Spin. I don't want to lift 3 days in a row, so I end up lifting only M/W/F. It's not ideal, but no kickball this week so I can go on Sunday. Anyway, yoga tonight so I'm not a complete couch potato.

Yesterday's yoga sesh was amaze-balls. Lots of really deep upper body stretches (most yoga classes I go to focus soooo much on lower body). Anyway. I feel great.

Wednesday AM W9D3 U/H
    Incline BB Bench 4x8x65 (Why is BB incline so much harder than DB incline? Usually it's the opposite)
    Seated Cable Row (close grip) 4x8x90
    Superset A
    Plate press 4x12 w/5s
    3 point row 4x8x30s
    Superset B
    Lat side raise 4x8x15s
    Bosu Mountain Climbers 4x10
    Superset C
    DB Hammer Curl 4x10x20s
    Tricep rope pushdown 4x8x35

Today, ironically, would be my 9th wedding anniversary and *is* my second divorce anniversary (the ex made sure the dates match because he's petty AF). It is also the day I was supposed to close on the condo, which I was really hoping for to generate happy memories to associate with the date. Oh well.

Thursday "Rest Day"
    50 min spin class, heavy hills. Split a bottle of wine last night and it has left me with quite a headache, won't be buying that vintage again -.-

ooo nice yoga session and wine, even if after affect wasn't the greatest. Sounds nice. I haven't had alcohol in a while but on the cut tend to not want to use up the calories.

I missed the bike/gray skies chat earlier. Indeed it has been gray here lately, which I like. Though the ones who claim the bike change lane issue, really they are just jealous.. We're stuck in traffic while you keep going. I'm more worried about people on non-motorized bikes cause sometimes they follow the rules of vehicles and sometimes they act like pedestrians and I don't know which they are going to do in that moment. That and LA pedestrians cause they will just walk out on their phone not paying attention and assume cars won't hit them. Even if an actual cross walk is like less than half a block away. *grumbles*
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador