leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

how terrible are my front squats?

im expecting the answer to be pretty bad. I've only been doing them for a few weeks.

https://youtu.be/j0W8E16t508

dualspace will become famous soon enough. (+50) dualspace will become famous soon enough. (+50) dualspace will become famous soon enough. (+50) dualspace will become famous soon enough. (+50) dualspace will become famous soon enough. (+50) dualspace will become famous soon enough. (+50) dualspace will become famous soon enough. (+50) dualspace will become famous soon enough. (+50) dualspace will become famous soon enough. (+50) dualspace will become famous soon enough. (+50) dualspace will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It looks like you're wearing flat shoes, those are generally bad for front squats. Try getting weightlifting shoes and start the squat by breaking at your knees, do not try to sit back in a front squat, just drive straight down. Also using a clean grip might be better for upper back positioning.
    Last edited by dualspace; 07-16-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    All in all those aren't bad. One thing I would say is to think about engaging your core more, especially out of the hole. When I FS I try to think about forcing my belly button through my belt. This helps keep me upright and solid.

dualspace will become famous soon enough. (+50) dualspace will become famous soon enough. (+50) dualspace will become famous soon enough. (+50) dualspace will become famous soon enough. (+50) dualspace will become famous soon enough. (+50) dualspace will become famous soon enough. (+50) dualspace will become famous soon enough. (+50) dualspace will become famous soon enough. (+50) dualspace will become famous soon enough. (+50) dualspace will become famous soon enough. (+50) dualspace will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    youtu .be/j0W8E16t508

This is a very good tutorial on the front squat. Notice how upright the torso remains throughout the lift. A cue the video doesnt mention that I've found useful is to try to reach for the ceiling with your chest before each rep, this prevents the chest from caving under the weight.

3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Frost Squats are very build dependant. That said, your form aint really good.
    You should focus on keeping and driving up with your chest. That forces knees as far forward as possible. The more your knees go forward, the lower your hips can go.

Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    let your knees travel forward more and that will allow your torso to stay more upright. also consider adopting a more traditional rack/clean position instead of crossing your arms. it takes some getting used to but some stretching beforehand but it surprisingly helps the lift. but the traditional position allows for an overall much tighter upper body and it does change your position as you drive up. i did the crossed arms position for ages until this year and it was very enlightening for me to switch, i'd suggest getting used to that rather than having to relearn down the road

Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000)
    It looks like you're hinging at the hips first, then the knees, like you would in a back squat. The front squat, you need to do the opposite. Break at the knees, then the hips. It will help you keep more upright too.

Overall not awful though.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    you are too far forward IMO, focus on keeping your body upright, but that may also be due to your ankle dorsiflexion and hip-angles
    positivity brah crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so screw it crew
    anti-degen crew

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by leeniepie View Post
    im expecting the answer to be pretty bad. I've only been doing them for a few weeks.

https://youtu.be/j0W8E16t508
    Not the best angle (can't see your foot, and the bar path's relation to it), but from there, looks OK.

Might want to reshoot directly from the side, to include your foot as well as the full ROM.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Dincho98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dincho98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dincho98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dincho98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dincho98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dincho98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dincho98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dincho98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dincho98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dincho98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dincho98 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're doing better form than 90% of my GYM.

Keep it up.

leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    you are too far forward IMO, focus on keeping your body upright, but that may also be due to your ankle dorsiflexion and hip-angles
    I have terrible ankle/calf flexibility so my knees can't travel very far forward. That's probably why leaning forward. I'm working on it.

Originally Posted by Dincho98 View Post
    You're doing better form than 90% of my GYM.

Keep it up.
    Lol thanks

Chest up, break at knees first, try not sitting back as much- will try these, thanks.
    Really can't get the hang of clean grip, can't keep my elbows up. Guess I just need to work on it.

Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    To create a proper shelf, angle your elbows slightly downwards and slightly out. You don't need to have a full grip, but it is recommended if you want to transition to weightlifting later on. It may take some time; you'll need to develop some flexibility in the elbows and wrists. Definitely worth working at, as it will help keep your chest up. The cross grip is pretty bad in that regard.

Ideally, your hips and knees should break at a pretty similar time, but your torso should drop in between your knees, as upright as possible. The bar should be travelling straight down, but your bottom position will be dictated by your anatomy. If your ankles are inflexible, try placing the barbell on top of your knees in the squat position, and let it depress them down. A pair of weightlifting shoes would help with mobility as well as torso angle.

Originally Posted by Gwybodaeth View Post
    To create a proper shelf, angle your elbows slightly downwards and slightly out. You don't need to have a full grip, but it is recommended if you want to transition to weightlifting later on. It may take some time; you'll need to develop some flexibility in the elbows and wrists. Definitely worth working at, as it will help keep your chest up. The cross grip is pretty bad in that regard.

Ideally, your hips and knees should break at a pretty similar time, but your torso should drop in between your knees, as upright as possible. The bar should be travelling straight down, but your bottom position will be dictated by your anatomy. If your ankles are inflexible, try placing the barbell on top of your knees in the squat position, and let it depress them down. A pair of weightlifting shoes would help with mobility as well as torso angle.
    Thankful for your advice. I have ordered squat shoes to see if I get on with them. I've tried using plates under my feet but that just hurt my knees. I'm working on ankles mobility but seeing little difference-i can't even sit in the squat position unaided because of it.

I will try the elbows out and slightly down tip.