WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Business Owner & Need Opinions On Selling Online Coaching

20 year old Personal Trainer from Sydney Australia with own Personal Training business. Hasn't exactly kicked off yet at the gym I operate my business out of but maybe this can assist in putting the business on it's feet

This is what I've come up with:

💻 ONLINE COACHING 💻
    🤔WHAT'S INCLUDED
    ✅ CUSTOM SESSIONS : Tailored to you and your goals sent weekly
    ✅ NUTRITION GUIDE : Includes your energy and macro-nutrient requirements based on your body type and lifestyle as well as how to accurately record what you eat to achieve your goal
    ✅ WEEKLY CHECK INS : To ensure your goals are being met
    ✅ ONLINE SUPPORT : Ask any questions you may have
    ✅ RESULTS GUARANTEED

💰 PRICING ($AU)
    3 WEEKS : $44.95 ($16.65 a week)
    5 WEEKS : $64.95 ($12.99 a week)
    8 WEEKS : $89.95 ($11.24 a week)
    10 WEEKS : $109.95 ($8.49 a week)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just a draft and hoping to release my online coaching by Monday morning (Saturday night at the current time of this post)

Keen to hear some opinions
    âœ–ï¸ Personal Trainer
    âœ–ï¸ Powerlifter
    âœ–ï¸ Group Exercise Instructor
    âœ–ï¸ Aqua Trainer
    âœ–ï¸ Level 1 Anti-Doping ASADA
    âœ–ï¸ First Aid & CPR
    📷 Instagram: @_zacgrantfit

hdfitnessau will become famous soon enough. (+50) hdfitnessau will become famous soon enough. (+50) hdfitnessau will become famous soon enough. (+50) hdfitnessau will become famous soon enough. (+50) hdfitnessau will become famous soon enough. (+50) hdfitnessau will become famous soon enough. (+50) hdfitnessau will become famous soon enough. (+50) hdfitnessau will become famous soon enough. (+50) hdfitnessau will become famous soon enough. (+50) hdfitnessau will become famous soon enough. (+50) hdfitnessau will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm in Aus too, drop me a line at jason@utacademy.com.au
    I'll be happy to help get you going

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    How are you going to guarantee results? If someone who wants to drop 50 pounds claims they haven't lost weight after a month, what are your next steps?

WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorCond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    How are you going to guarantee results? If someone who wants to drop 50 pounds claims they haven't lost weight after a month, what are your next steps?
    I was thinking a "30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARENTEE" possibly. Using like before, midway and after photos. I would obviously have the client supply proof so I know there's no BS

Thoughts?

EDIT: Going to delete the "RESULTS GUARANTEED" as many friends and family have said to not include it"
    Last edited by WarriorCond; 07-15-2017 at 06:28 PM.
    âœ–ï¸ Personal Trainer
    âœ–ï¸ Powerlifter
    âœ–ï¸ Aqua Trainer
    âœ–ï¸ First Aid & CPR

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Your prices are too cheap and the service options are wrong. Something like this would be better...

1 program : $100-or something close to this
    (includes custom 8 week program and nutrition plan)

8 Week Program : $1,200
    (includes custom 8 week program, nutrition plan with daily feedback and consultation, weekly weight management consultation, daily support via online or phone)

Should be two options only. This infers you believe 8 weeks is all someone needs, however, clients are free to resign for an additional 8 weeks if they wish to continue with the online support and weight management program.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    Your prices are too cheap and the service options are wrong. Something like this would be better...

1 program : $100-or something close to this
    (includes custom 8 week program and nutrition plan)

8 Week Program : $1,200
    (includes custom 8 week program, nutrition plan with daily feedback and consultation, weekly weight management consultation, daily support via online or phone)

Should be two options only. This infers you believe 8 weeks is all someone needs, however, clients are free to resign for an additional 8 weeks if they wish to continue with the online support and weight management program.
    I've only been in the industry for over a year hence why it's so cheap?

$100 for a program and nutrition plan? Um....no, that's so expensive

$1,200 for a 8 week program? You're fu**ing with me right? Never have I seen someone charge that before. Don't think anyone possesses that type of money for that service

So you're saying that the client would have to pay $1,200 everytime they want to do it again for 8 weeks? That's $7800 a year

No thanks
    âœ–ï¸ Personal Trainer
    âœ–ï¸ Powerlifter
    âœ–ï¸ Aqua Trainer
    âœ–ï¸ First Aid & CPR

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by WarriorCond View Post
    I've only been in the industry for over a year hence why it's so cheap?

$100 for a program and nutrition plan? Um....no, that's so expensive

$1,200 for a 8 week program? You're fu**ing with me right? Never have I seen someone charge that before. Don't think anyone possesses that type of money for that service

So you're saying that the client would have to pay $1,200 everytime they want to do it again for 8 weeks? That's $7800 a year

No thanks
    Go ahead and charge pennies for your services. If you think $50 per program is too expensive than you are in the wrong industry.

You essentially want to charge around $45 a month for your services. This means you need to sustain a 55 clientele roster (PER MONTH) just take earn a measly $30,000 a year???? Why bother? Just go get a janitorial job at the local high school and be done with it.

Go ahead and charge pennies for your services. If you think $50 per program is too expensive than you are in the wrong industry.

You essentially want to charge around $45 a month for your services. This means you need to sustain a 55 clientele roster (PER MONTH) just take earn a measly $30,000 a year???? Why bother? Just go get a janitorial job at the local high school and be done with it.
    $100 for a program and nutrition plan is too much if I were to buy it, I'd pay $80 but not $100

$1.2k for a 8 week program is literally way to much. Wouldn't know a single person who would charge that much

What you've said is all being noted. Keep in mind I'm 20 years of age and fresh to the whole "new business" idea

I've come up with an idea for an 8 week challenge for $149.95 which includes what is stated above

What're your thoughts on that? Or would you recommend charging extra? I don't intend on commenting in a negative way, just need some insights

Most of the gyms in my local area charge $30 for a program and $20 for a nutrition plan
    âœ–ï¸ Personal Trainer
    âœ–ï¸ Powerlifter
    âœ–ï¸ Aqua Trainer
    âœ–ï¸ First Aid & CPR

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sounds much cheaper than usa
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class

You are 20 so your business concepts are that of a 20 year old. This is why I am trying to teach you.

Your clients will be professional people. They understand valuable services are just that... valuable. You cannot have it both ways. You cannot claim to offer something of value yet sell it cheap. If you want to sell something cheap, you are in the wrong industry.

Stop worrying about what YOU would pay. You are broke. Of course you wouldn't pay a premium for services. This notion of 'well I wouldn't pay that so no one else would either' is precisely how broke people remain broke. If you offer your services to the wrong market, you will fail. If you offer your services at the wrong price to the wrong market, you will fail. The idea is to offer services, at the right price, to the right market. The market you seem interested in is simply not sustainable. Sure, you will get a dozen or so people who will pay you $50 a month but so what? Is your goal simply to make less than $1000 a month or is it to build a fitness business that can grow and support you and your family?

Trust me when I say, people spend $10,000 a year for personal services. It's not a big deal. If I guy (or gal) earns $120, 000 a year it's worth it for him/her to take some of that income and commit to a better lifestyle with more energy and a more fit physique. However, as you say, if a guy only makes $40,000 a year.. well that person is not going to spend a quarter of his income on a personal service.

There is a reason there are no Mercedes dealerships in the Bronx.

You are 20 so your business concepts are that of a 20 year old. This is why I am trying to teach you.

Your clients will be professional people. They understand valuable services are just that... valuable. You cannot have it both ways. You cannot claim to offer something of value yet sell it cheap. If you want to sell something cheap, you are in the wrong industry.

Stop worrying about what YOU would pay. You are broke. Of course you wouldn't pay a premium for services. This notion of 'well I wouldn't pay that so no one else would either' is precisely how broke people remain broke. If you offer your services to the wrong market, you will fail. If you offer your services at the wrong price to the wrong market, you will fail. The idea is to offer services, at the right price, to the right market. The market you seem interested in is simply not sustainable. Sure, you will get a dozen or so people who will pay you $50 a month but so what? Is your goal simply to make less than $1000 a month or is it to build a fitness business that can grow and support you and your family?

Trust me when I say, people spend $10,000 a year for personal services. It's not a big deal. If I guy (or gal) earns $120, 000 a year it's worth it for him/her to take some of that income and commit to a better lifestyle with more energy and a more fit physique. However, as you say, if a guy only makes $40,000 a year.. well that person is not going to spend a quarter of his income on a personal service.

There is a reason there are no Mercedes dealerships in the Bronx.
    This has to be one of the best replies to my question I've heard from anyone out there

Really appreciate it man, I've screenshotted it and will evaluate prices again

I can understand where you are coming from í ½í±í ¼í¿¼í ½í±í ¼í¿¼í ½í±í ¼í¿¼

I get what you mean by I need to support myself as well. The more valuable a service is the more serious the client will be towards it as they paid for it

That insight of "Stop worrying about what YOU would pay. You are broke. Of course you wouldn't pay a premium for services" opened my eyes a lot

If I need some more guidance I'll send you a message

Really appreciate it though, that was some good insight í ½í±í ¼í¿¼í ½í±í ¼í¿¼í ½í±í ¼í¿¼
    âœ–ï¸ Personal Trainer
    âœ–ï¸ Powerlifter
    âœ–ï¸ Aqua Trainer
    âœ–ï¸ First Aid & CPR

Originally Posted by getbigordie18 View Post
    Sounds much cheaper than usa
    I sought of based it off "Zac Smith Fitness" and "Josef Rakich Fitness" prices. I was surprised by how cheap it is compared to some of the big names out their considering how good these guys look. Also looked at "Dickerson Ross" and he charges fu** all for his stuff
    Last edited by WarriorCond; 07-17-2017 at 09:33 AM.
    âœ–ï¸ Personal Trainer
    âœ–ï¸ Powerlifter
    âœ–ï¸ Aqua Trainer
    âœ–ï¸ First Aid & CPR

You are welcome brother. My advice is to always work backwards when trying to create a price sheet for your services. Start with how much you want to earn, then start dividing that number by different scenerios (e.g. how many clients you think you can get, the cost of each service and so on) play around with the figures and see what seems realistic to you. Once you have a general idea of how many clients you will need to acquire per month in order to achieve your monthly financial goal at the prices you set, then step back from it all and then see if those prices even make sense for any market. Remember, the price of services will only attract one type of market. Meaning, a 1 million dollar Ferrari will only make sense to multimillionaires and billionaires...a coin operated laundromat business only makes sense in a low income neighborhood and so on.

But whatever you decide, just make sure the money people pay you is well worth your time AND perhaps equally as important... correlates with the value that service is typically sold for in that particular industry. You can't offer a mobile detailing service for $2 per vehicle, adversely, you can't offer a mobile detailing service for $850 either. The price can't be too cheap or too expensive.