mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Omagad we're back agaaaain

(title is meant to be read in a backstreet boys singing voice)

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I used to be pretty active here, but life hit me pretty hard the last few years. Divorce, another bad breakup, a couple motorcycle crashes, a few cross country moves. I managed to keep up with the fitness lifestyle up until about 7 months ago when a street crash left me unable to workout for several months, and just for funsies I became an emotional eater/drinker for the first time in my life.

So, now here I am, about 10 pounds up (mostly fat--I'm 5'5" 147# and I estimate 25%bf) and the proud owner of a bridesmaid dress that doesn't fit over my massive thighs. I need to drop as much fat as possible by October 17. I'm not really looking for advice, just motivation/encouragement/internet strangers who aren't afraid to tell me to get my fat ass to the gym.

I have been really struggling with weights lately. I only use my apartment gym, which lacks a squat rack. I've been having back/knee problems so I am afraid to go really heavy like I used to. I'm trying to make up for it with increased volume and lifts that focus on stability. I know I'm not going to get all jacked like I used to be that way, but that's not really my priority now. I generally have only been lifting 2-3 times a week, so I hit full body. I get cardio in 4-5 times a week, and yoga at least once a week. I'm trying to consumer 1700 cal or less a day, but I'm still struggling with the emotional eating and regularly sabotage myself with alcohol as well.

Aaannnnnyway feel free to say hello/give advice/etc. I'll go back to lurking now.
    Instagram: @doctorv17

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mavd View Post
    (title is meant to be read in a backstreet boys singing voice)

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I used to be pretty active here, but life hit me pretty hard the last few years. Divorce, another bad breakup, a couple motorcycle crashes, a few cross country moves. I managed to keep up with the fitness lifestyle up until about 7 months ago when a street crash left me unable to workout for several months, and just for funsies I became an emotional eater/drinker for the first time in my life.

So, now here I am, about 10 pounds up (mostly fat--I'm 5'5" 147# and I estimate 25%bf) and the proud owner of a bridesmaid dress that doesn't fit over my massive thighs. I need to drop as much fat as possible by October 17. I'm not really looking for advice, just motivation/encouragement/internet strangers who aren't afraid to tell me to get my fat ass to the gym.

I have been really struggling with weights lately. I only use my apartment gym, which lacks a squat rack. I've been having back/knee problems so I am afraid to go really heavy like I used to. I'm trying to make up for it with increased volume and lifts that focus on stability. I know I'm not going to get all jacked like I used to be that way, but that's not really my priority now. I generally have only been lifting 2-3 times a week, so I hit full body. I get cardio in 4-5 times a week, and yoga at least once a week. I'm trying to consumer 1700 cal or less a day, but I'm still struggling with the emotional eating and regularly sabotage myself with alcohol as well.

Aaannnnnyway feel free to say hello/give advice/etc. I'll go back to lurking now.
    When you go to emotionally eat...stop. walk away and pick up your phone or a notebook and jot down what you are feeling! Take the extra 5-10mins to do that and the emotional eating should quiet down.

I used to do it when things in my life felt outa control, thinking by bingeing I was controlling what I put in my mouth but I really was not. Its an awareness you have to get to
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC WPD and WNPF, Metal Militia powerlifter

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good advice from kit, and welcome back.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do you have insurance that covers mental health or can you afford to see a psychologist? Almost no one overcomes the issues behind substance abuse and eating disorders without experienced help and guidance. Good luck and don't be too hard on yourself.

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh and by the way, since you asked....

GET YOUR ASS IN THE GYM
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC WPD and WNPF, Metal Militia powerlifter

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kitpapa View Post
    When you go to emotionally eat...stop. walk away and pick up your phone or a notebook and jot down what you are feeling! Take the extra 5-10mins to do that and the emotional eating should quiet down.

I used to do it when things in my life felt outa control, thinking by bingeing I was controlling what I put in my mouth but I really was not. Its an awareness you have to get to
    I do it when I'm upset. I think it's a "need to feel good" thing. I'm not sure if I ever eat enough for it to be considered a binge. Basically I've stopped keeping "treats" around, but I like your idea better. I live where I can walk a block and buy junk food anyway so it's better to be conscientious about my urges.

Originally Posted by okayest View Post
    Do you have insurance that covers mental health or can you afford to see a psychologist? Almost no one overcomes the issues behind substance abuse and eating disorders without experienced help and guidance. Good luck and don't be too hard on yourself.
    Eek. Substance abuse? I guess it probably is. I have been flirting with the idea of counselling again. I got it right after the divorce but it's been another year and a half and clearly I'm still not through the issues.

I really need to update my profile picture 😂😂 As much as I'd love to get back to that I think its am unrealistic expectation at this time/ physical health. I was doing 2-a-Days six times a week and had a husband that was training/ meal prepping to help stay on track.

Originally Posted by kitpapa View Post
    Oh and by the way, since you asked....

GET YOUR ASS IN THE GYM
    Done 😆😆 Did a full body lift session plus 35 min of cardio (stairs, bike, and row machine)

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good to see you again! I just came back too after like...2 years away from the forum.
    Get yer ass in the gym! And step away from the fork...;-)
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."