minde0815 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Critique my workout plan!

Hello fellow bodybuilders! I'll get straight to the point.

I'm not a total beginner, I used to workout from time to time but I usually drop it after a half a year. I've read up a lot about bodybuilding. Now I'm back in the game and I need your help!

Here's the workout routine I have planned for myself (everything is 3 sets by 12-10-8 with 60-90 second break between each, I've heard it's best for muscle building) I didn't include abs cause I'm willing to do them every second day so the ABS days will change.

Day 1:
    Back/Biceps - Deadlifts, Wide grip chin-ups, One-arm dumbbell rows, EZ Bar biceps curls, Biceps dumbbell hammer curls, Biceps curl (underhand grip on bench)

Day 2:
    Chest/Triceps - Bench presses, Incline bench presses, Cable flys, Tricep extensions, Cable tricep pushdowns.

Day 3:
    Legs - Squats, Single leg deadlift, Smith machine squats (with legs a lot further than usual), Leg extensions, Leg curls (laying face down), Toe raises.

Day 4:
    Shoulders - Seated front presses, Lateral raises, Dumbell rear deltoid raises (sitting or laying face down), Dumbell shrugs.

Day 5: ???

So there it is. Feel free to critique anything, I'm far from pro, but here's my main concerns,
    1. Legs - knowing the leg muscle size, should I make it 4 sets instead of three and did I overdo it, might be too much for one day? I added smith machine squats because there's no "Leg Press" machine in my workout place.
    2. Biceps/triceps - can those 3 Bicep workouts be overdoing it, and is 2 triceps workouts be enough?
    3. Can I do a fifth day? I really want to but all muscles are included in these 4 days. Can I do 5th day a-biceps/triceps day. since t's very far from day1 and day2 where these muscles are, so the 3-4day break might be enough for resting, and I want to hit these muscles the most if this 5th day won't be overdoing it.
    4. Is shoulder day big/long enough? I end it after 30 minutes or so.

Thank you in advance!

Professional Toner WorldClassDBag's Avatar
    WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Don't make your own program, use one that has been proven to work.
    S/B/D/OHP: 405/265/495/180

suf·fer Beau·ti·(ful)·ly

SA Spurs

minde0815 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My gym lacks some equipment and I need to change many exercises. Finding a "proven to work" exercise seems impossible after googling for hours and I can't afford trainer's help that's why I'm trying to find help here.

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by minde0815 View Post
    My gym lacks some equipment and I need to change many exercises. Finding a "proven to work" exercise seems impossible after googling for hours and I can't afford trainer's help that's why I'm trying to find help here.
    The majority of proven to work programs focus on BB and DB movements which your gym must have given you exercise choices. Check out some of the routines in the stickies here, Fierce 5 for example and pick one you like best and fits your gym.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ghawk21 View Post
    The majority of proven to work programs focus on BB and DB movements which your gym must have given you exercise choices. Check out some of the routines in the stickies here, Fierce 5 for example and pick one you like best and fits your gym.
    This ^^^. Exactly.

OP, one of the beautiful things of a good full body (3 days a week) routine that is built around the big compound lifts is that you don't need a bunch of machines. Big boy barbells, dumbbells and free weights will generally get you there. Simply put, you do not have the experience to create your own routine.

Professional Toner WorldClassDBag's Avatar
    WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WorldClassDBag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by minde0815 View Post
    did you not see the stickies?
    S/B/D/OHP: 405/265/495/180

suf·fer Beau·ti·(ful)·ly

SA Spurs