kabujop101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lateral Delt Strain?

Hey guys, so whenever I work my lateral delts (doing OHP, lateral raises, upright rows, even bicep curls) my left lateral delt starts to "burn" within the first few reps, even though my right lateral delt feels perfectly fine. This even happens on weights that I know I can handle. I've tried taking off a couple weeks from exercises that aggravate it, stretched it with shoulder dislocates, and have taken ibuprofen to reduce potential inflammation, but the pain always comes back once I start those exercises back up again.

The pain feels like muscle fatigue, and I can work through it, but it seems to something else since its only on my left side, even when I take care to lift evenly with both sides.

Currently I've been sticking with exercises like DB Bench Press, Rack Pulls, Deadlifts, and other lifts that don't make it worse. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I love OHP and can't take not being able to do it :'( Thanks!

Bump cuz my shoulder still feels like turds

go **** yourselves

boombox3000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kabujop101 View Post
    Hey guys, so whenever I work my lateral delts (doing OHP, lateral raises, upright rows, even bicep curls) my left lateral delt starts to "burn" within the first few reps, even though my right lateral delt feels perfectly fine. This even happens on weights that I know I can handle. I've tried taking off a couple weeks from exercises that aggravate it, stretched it with shoulder dislocates, and have taken ibuprofen to reduce potential inflammation, but the pain always comes back once I start those exercises back up again.

The pain feels like muscle fatigue, and I can work through it, but it seems to something else since its only on my left side, even when I take care to lift evenly with both sides.

Currently I've been sticking with exercises like DB Bench Press, Rack Pulls, Deadlifts, and other lifts that don't make it worse. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I love OHP and can't take not being able to do it :'( Thanks!
    I'm going through the same problem too and ive been to my doctors to be advised it takes around 6 weeks to fully recover. Bummer because I've been taking 3 weeks off so far.

OP have you tried on focusing on your rotator cuffs and rear delts along with some stretches? I heard that helps a lot to prevent shoulder strain because it is due to some muscle imbalance. I started on this and noticed much improvement within days.

Also do this stretch. Hold a towel on both ends with your hands and put it overhead so you can feel a stretch just behind your shoulders for about 20-30 sec.

It's helping me as well I'm making a steady recovery doing that and taking prescription anti inflammatory pills and cream from my doctor. Hope this helps!

In the future make sure you stretch well before or after and include warm up sets and good form. good luck!