LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Vibrating Platform

My home gym is pretty humble right now: power rack, barbell, incline/decline bench w/ leg ext/curl, and a treadmill. Everything gets used regularly for a comprehensive program.

I'm thinking of adding a vibrating platform. The benefits I'm hoping for would be to increase bone density, supplement flexibility training, and to help recovery via increased blood flow. My goal would be to use it as a warmup device prior to cardio or weight training, along with some calisthenics like planks, glute bridges, and static stretching.

Some of the options in my immediate price range are the 2000w Merax Crazy Fit or the Confidence Slim. I'm willing to go as high as 500 USD but though mid range would be a good place to start.

Have any of you used these? What specific machine did you use?

The amazon reviews are all older people. Do these machines offer benefits for younger athletic adults?
    Last edited by LadyLore420; 07-10-2017 at 01:45 AM.
    Gym lifts: 260/130/285
    Meet lifts: 245/130/285

Coming back after injury journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169273893

RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've seen them first hand in professional sports teams' gyms. I would think that means they're legit but I haven't ever researched the science behind them or tried them personally.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 21

LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RemainDieHard View Post
    I've seen them first hand in professional sports teams' gyms. I would think that means they're legit but I haven't ever researched the science behind them or tried them personally.
    That's a good observation, so I sent a message to my old weight lifting coach in CSprings. I'll update with her answer. She's got her phd in exercise science and competed in 2008 Beijing, so hopefully she can give a worthwhile reply.

Coming back after injury journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169273893

bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Studies show some benefits but that was for rehabilitation or women who had fibromyalgia. If you're already healthy and lifting I can't imagine there being any useful benefit.

I've seen professional athletes train with altitude masks and we all saw the cupping at the last Olympics. Which is almost certainly nonsense. But they are elite athletes to begin with, looking for every possible edge. Even if there are benefits, there are far more effective ways to spend that money IMO.

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, you might try searching this forum for info on the vibrating plate......there have been a few threads here and there over the past few years. I want to say that the consensus has always been that there are some benefits, but that the money would probably be better spent on other pieces. Sorry for the vague response, but I don't think that anyone who posts here regularly is super-knowledgeable about these things.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LadyLore420 View Post
    My home gym is pretty humble right now: power rack, barbell, incline/decline bench w/ leg ext/curl, and a treadmill. Everything gets used regularly for a comprehensive program.

I'm thinking of adding a vibrating platform. The benefits I'm hoping for would be to increase bone density, supplement flexibility training, and to help recovery via increased blood flow. My goal would be to use it as a warmup device prior to cardio or weight training, along with some calisthenics like planks, glute bridges, and static stretching.

Some of the options in my immediate price range are the 2000w Merax Crazy Fit or the Confidence Slim. I'm willing to go as high as 500 USD but though mid range would be a good place to start.

Have any of you used these? What specific machine did you use?

The amazon reviews are all older people. Do these machines offer benefits for younger athletic adults?
    First, let me pay you a compliment and say I made a hasty book/cover generalization error before clicking on this thread. I saw the vibrating platform in the title (I'm skeptical immediately) and seeing a user name that I didn't recognize so figured "just another person drawn in by the hype". It took me about 5 seconds in your post to realize my error and get another lesson in making generalizations. Power rack, barbell, intended use and thoughtful integration to your programming, gym/meet lifts in the signature. You are obviously intelligent, knowledgeable and doing it right. There's a lesson in that for me.

Now that I've devalued my 2 cents here are some thoughts on this. I don't know a ton about the technology but application for a young, healthy, trained individual leaves me dubious. Free weights are by definition an exercise in stability management with your muscles continuously making micro adjustments throughout each rep to maintain linearity. When you are already involved in a correct resistance training a lot of the benefits would seem to go away. Blood flow is already tremendous (hence the pump) and a good warm up starting with the bar solves most every major issue. The presence of such machines in serious athletic gyms especially known D1 or Pro sports strength and conditioning facilities can be taken two ways 1) they truly are effective OR 2) they were given outright or massively discounted as part of a package so that the manufacturer can use this reference or seller can make it seem like more of a deal. Sadly #2 is often the case.

I could probably see the use for someone rehabbing an acute issue (another reason they may exist in D1 or Pro gyms). In a big complex or dedicated physical therapy gym setting having one or two of these might make sense. When it comes to a home gym purchase and judicious allocation of funds and space...I'd devote the funds elsewhere. You can get some nice pieces with a $500 budget on craigslist or even new to some degree. I'd also think a larger sized platform that what you have listed would be better so that you can work through your squat or other lifts in normal stance with full range of motion which I think would be more beneficial.

A little rambling. In the end you could always buy one and try it for a while to see if it makes a difference. Really the only way you'd know. Most of the people training on these don't do what you do and those that do don't train on these platforms. Maybe see if you can find a used one to minimize the financial hit on resale if it doesn't work out.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #83 ▪█─────█▪

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post
    OP, you might try searching this forum for info on the vibrating plate......there have been a few threads here and there over the past few years. I want to say that the consensus has always been that there are some benefits, but that the money would probably be better spent on other pieces. Sorry for the vague response, but I don't think that anyone who posts here regularly is super-knowledgeable about these things.
    Trust me, I looked through it all. I still had a hard time finding anything useful, or maybe it's just a lack of confirmation bias. Regardless, those threads are all 5 years old or more. The people making the threads had unrealistic expectations for what the machine could do for them. I just want to find someone who practices a strength program who might have tried one of these a couple times and who could share thoughts/experience on it. I feel like my expectations are low, but it's really difficult to shop around for brands. It would be nice if someone had been using this as part of a warmup routine or something and knew a brand that was reliable.

I feel as thought my expectations are pretty low and reasonable for what I'm trying to get out of this product but I know people are going to come in and start bashing the concept. This is intended for warming up and active recovery on off days, not weight loss or hypertrophy or strength training, just getting some blood flow and shaking things up a bit.

Originally Posted by C123C View Post
    You can get some nice pieces with a $500 budget on craigslist or even new to some degree. I'd also think a larger sized platform that what you have listed would be better so that you can work through your squat or other lifts in normal stance with full range of motion which I think would be more beneficial.

A little rambling. In the end you could always buy one and try it for a while to see if it makes a difference. Really the only way you'd know. Most of the people training on these don't do what you do and those that do don't train on these platforms. Maybe see if you can find a used one to minimize the financial hit on resale if it doesn't work out.
    Per your post I did check my local craigslist, being on an island it's pretty slim pickings and I got nothing. It was a great tip I hadn't even thought about. As far as additional workout equipment, I'm maxed out on space at the moment. There's no more room on the back yard slab. Inside there's space for another cardio something and that's it. There really isn't anything else I could want besides a 45* leg press. Those are way expensive and I definitely don't have the room or the desire to maintain something that large, nor the plates. The platform is desirable to cope with doms, increase circulation, and maintain bone density(that's a concern for me). So if I was going to add anything, the vibration platform seemed like a decent idea.

Not sure what everyone else needs these days to stay fit, but a power rack, bench, and treadmill seem to do just fine.

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not sure what everyone else needs these days to stay fit, but a power rack, bench, and treadmill seem to do just fine.
    ^^ With that attitude, you'd fit in well in this forum!

One nice thing about technology and social media is that it is easier than ever to contact experts.......I wonder if it wouldn't be helpful for you to email/********/whatever the kids are doing these days to contact someone like Louie Simmons, Mark Rippetoe, etc. Even reaching out to a strength coach for a college or professional sports team might yield some helpful discussion.

Someone who is a strength coach and/or PT-type is bound to have come across a vibrating platform or at least be aware of what sort of benefits can be expected for a healthy person who lifts.
    Last edited by rlundregan; 07-10-2017 at 08:45 AM.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Articles on whole body vibration (WBV) on PubMed

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/...body+vibration
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Per your post I did check my local craigslist, being on an island it's pretty slim pickings and I got nothing. It was a great tip I hadn't even thought about. As far as additional workout equipment, I'm maxed out on space at the moment. There's no more room on the back yard slab. Inside there's space for another cardio something and that's it. There really isn't anything else I could want besides a 45* leg press. Those are way expensive and I definitely don't have the room or the desire to maintain something that large, nor the plates. The platform is desirable to cope with doms, increase circulation, and maintain bone density(that's a concern for me). So if I was going to add anything, the vibration platform seemed like a decent idea.

I missed the Hawaii location. Love it - been there a few times and really enjoy the islands. Great culture and scenery.

I'm not sure how much better (if any) or additive (if at all) from a bone density standpoint a vibrating platform will be for someone already engaged in weight training. Might be interesting for recovery and circulation though. Honestly, I'm intrigued. If you go this route please post back with your findings.

I do like safety squat bars and until I recently bought the Crepinsek SSB I was considering eventually getting a leg press. Not any more, as this gives me a great squat alternative for a few hundred and takes no additional room.

On the platform...I think you have realistic expectations. If you are able to get an opinion from someone unbiased who has trained a big population of athletes that would be a good first cut. Assuming they don't feel it's total crap, give it a shot and let us know how it works for you.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #83 ▪█─────█▪

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Fitnessgirl2021 View Post
    Whole Body Vibration provided an improvement in the aspect of the cellulite, providing a significant increase in the superficial skin temperature in the gluteal region.
    I wonder what it would do if you shifted it a bit forward of the gluteal region? Please post results.

BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When I was a kid, probably under 7 years old, my mom owned a salon/spa that had literally tons of these vibrating machines for like every part of the body in a 3000 sf space. They were advertised as skin care treatments.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's why I like to twerk for vibration during squats, gluteal activation is boosted by 199% depending on the song that's playing.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    That's why I like to twerk for vibration during squats, gluteal activation is boosted by 199% depending on the song that's playing.
    Post video or it didn’t happen...
    []---[] Equipment Crew #73 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #78 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #20 ||---||