JayCeeYHF is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Leaving Keto / Lean Bulk

Good evening all!

Just a little background--after twelve highly enjoyable and surprisingly productive weeks on SKD, I have decided to try other things. I had been lifting somewhat off and on for the last two years and, having let my diet get away from me, I accumulated a lot of fat. I have an extremely small frame, so it looked rather bad on me. I took to keto (CKD for the first seven or so weeks and SKD to present) and lost twelve pounds of what I believe to be almost exclusively body fat. Even so, I made some substantial strength gains.

I am now at a point where I feel keto has done as much as it can do for me. I definitely look lean, but my muscles are not standing out the way I'd like for the now apparent reason that they simply aren't that big haha. I would like to transition out of keto starting Monday the 16th, as I am on vacation until that Sunday (how do you guys stay in shape during extended vacations?)

My questions are as follows:

What is the best way to transition out of a ketogenic diet to a more carbohydrate heavy one? I was thinking about adding about 1g of carbs per kg per week until I'm where I need to be. I am very worried about undoing my hard work. My body fat is the lowest it's ever been (8-10 percent, based on the limited tools available to me) and while I know some fat gain is inevitable, I have heard that some folks balloon up after going straight from a keto diet to living in a perpetual carbohydrate orgy. Is one g/kg/week slow enough? I would like to have half of those in relatively low-GI carbs pre-workout and the other half as dextrose/maltodextrin in a post-workout shake with whey protein. I am a rather small guy, weighing in at 130 at 5'8".

Additionally, I want to begin a very long-term, lean bulk after wards. This is what I really need help with--is it better to slowly bring up my calories, then my carbs? Or is it better to bring up my carbs, then my calories? I don't think that both simultaneously would be smart.

What do you all think?