dmh03007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Power rack build suggestions please: Rogue RM-6 / R-6 / RML-690C or others?

Hi all,

My first post so thank you in advance for the replies.

I am researching power racks and I am going to be dropping the trigger soon. I am going to be budgeting about 3k max with shipping.

I know that I don't lift near the max weights that these higher end products are capable of but I am going to be making a one time purchase that should last a lifetime, and I have a fitness subsidy at work that will take some of the sting off. I also just scored a really great deal on a set of rogue bars, and hi-temps, so I can justify paying retail this time around.

For all three of the rogues I am planning on extending the rear section from 24" to 30" so it goes from plate storage to a space that I can actually run safeties and bench in. For this area I am going get the strap safeties. I think those will go well in that area, and should do a good job protecting my face on a failed lift. Rogue quoted me only 60 bucks to get the rear section deeper.

If I get the RM-6 I am going to get the flip down safeties for the 43" section. The other two racks only have pipe/saber safeties, or strap safeties, so I am going with straps.

I am going to upgrade or purchase J-cups to the best available for each rack variant, and it looks like only the Monster has an upgrade, so on the other variants I will end up with a second set of J-cups.

I also am going to get the adjustable monolift regardless of the variant.

Here are the price breakdowns I am seeing:

Rogue Monster - RM-6 - customized $2,180
    -sandwich J-cups (included above)
    -adjustable monolift +$325
    -30" Safety strap +$185
    -43" Monster Flip down Safeties (included above)
    -Shipping +150
    Total: $2,839

Rogue Monster Lite - RML-690C - base $1,750
    -standard J-cups (no upgrade from what I can see)
    -sandwich J-cups +$125
    -adjustable monolift +$305
    -30" Safety strap +$185
    -43" Safety strap +$190
    -Shipping +150
    Total: $2,704

Rogue R-6 Power Rack
    -Sandwich J-cups not Available
    -30" Safety strap +$185
    -43" Safety strap +$190
    -adjustable monolift +$305 +50 for Infinity retro fit.
    -shipping +150
    Total: $2,372

The RM-6 is obviously the beefiest, with 3x3 11 gauge (did they used to sell it in 7 gauge?), and 1 inch hardward. But it has 2 inch hole spaces. The other two have 1 inch westside in the best zone and then 2 inch spacing in those other areas. I think 2 should probably be fine.

The RM-6 and Monster light does have less interior space since it has an extra 1 inch of tubing on either side, which is a trade off.

The RM versus the RML seems like a no brainer. Flip down safeties, and bigger hardware for less than 200 more. Yes I give up the spacing but I think the monolift will help compensate.

The bigger question is whether I am giving up a lot by going for the 2x3 R-6? Can't get flip down safeties. Cant get sandwich J-cups. But I do gain 2 inches width inside the rack.

Moving on from the Rogues are there other manufacturers that will get me a similar setup or better, and still keep me under the 3k range.
    Last edited by dmh03007; 07-07-2017 at 09:38 AM.

Originally Posted by Mech6 View Post
    You have 2 sets of straps on your rml quote, which is why price is higher.
    Thanks Mech6, I have been reading a lot of your posts and replies over the past couple of weeks. They have been a huge help.

I agree, the RML doesn't have an option to upgrade the Saber safeties life the RM did, so I am getting two straps, plus the stock sabers. I guess I could call rogue and have them remove the Saber safeties, and apply a reduction. But I don't know what that would be, maybe 100?

smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I like the 3x3 tubing over the 2x3, to me it is much sturdier and stiffer.

I have had both the RML and RM in the configuration you stated, 43" section plus 30" section

The advantages of the RML is the westside hole spacing for the bench and safety set up you get one inch increments, which I do miss.
    The advantages of the RM is the styling, it looks nicer with the top crossmembers and the UHMW protection.

to me I prefer the arm safeties, that i use strictly for bench that way I can step in on the side, I prefer that over the flip down full length safeties for that reason, on squat and rack pulls the strap safeties win.
    Best Raw total 1850 at 181 lbs
    best comp raw lifts @ 181
    squat 710
    bench 500
    deadlift 670
    "Lightest man to bench 500 raw in a full meet"
    my you tube channel of my training http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkt7CVJ7443k6Vu_1DwP3UA
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #9 ||---||
    ()---() York Barbell Club #81 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #81 []---[]

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    $3k budget - that's for the rack only or everything?
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    $3k budget - that's for the rack only or everything?
    Rack, safeties, and monolift setup.

I already have bars, plates, a nice set of ironmaster quick change dumbbells, and an adjustable ironmaster bench.

Additionally have a versa climber so no money needs to go to cardio equipment.

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just a couple of thoughts, personal preference and such.

Crossmembers, what did you pick? I would go with a single fat pull up bar and a gusseted beam (skip extra for Rogue branded emblem, they should throw that in for free as advertising anyway), skip the fat/skinny combo pull up, you won't ever be able to use both without a hassle.

Monolift, is more of a luxury item not a requirement.... I'd almost consider an extra set of J-cups in lieu of the mono-lift, but the price diff is only $100. I just took my mono off to go back to J-cups.

Hole spacing? I'd skip the westside hole spacing, I think it's more hassle lining things up than it's benefits.

Yes 7g did exist, and I have the 7g RM-4..... I can almost feel the price appreciation, this thing will be priceless someday (haha). Sorry I can't be much help on the safeties, mine are the old version of straps which I don't like, newer ones look much better with the sorinex style bracket, plus I haven't seen the flip downs in person.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]

turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000)
    If I were planning to spend 3k on a rack I think I'd be looking hard at one of legends pro series racks. You would just need to talk mech out of retirement to make the monos for it.
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #33 [M]===[6]

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by turbolsxstang View Post
    If I were planning to spend 3k on a rack I think I'd be looking hard at one of legends pro series racks. You would just need to talk mech out of retirement to make the monos for it.
    Legend would be up there for me. York's commercial line. I think you can get a Reflex in that range.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    Monolift, is more of a luxury item not a requirement.... I'd almost consider an extra set of J-cups in lieu of the mono-lift, but the price diff is only $100. I just took my mono off to go back to J-cups.
    I am thinking the mono will be nice for benching, since I will mostly be lifting solo, and won't have a lift off available. My thought process was that I could start my lifts with the bar right over my chest. I am definitely not throwing around the type of weights that make walking back difficult for back squats.

C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Couple thoughts as the owner of an RML-6 that just went this route.

1) If you are planning on using the plate storage on the back section it's going to mess with the straps as those add thickness over 3 wide side holes so the majority of the back posts won't be compatible. You might consider the 24" safety arms. I'm using these outside on the front section as an additional station. If you are noting using the 8 storage posts...see if they will take them off the price.

2) If you want swing in safeties for RML go to Black Widow and have them made. I had a 43" pair for the main section made and they are gorgeous. Arrived in a 7-10 days. Could also have him make a set for the back section and swinging them in from the inside would work around the plate storage posts (similarly the 24" free safeties will do the same).

3) 1" hardware is overkill (cool but overkill). Don't let that make your decision for you. Monster accessories are more and with ML and M being both 3x3 and 11 gauge the only real trade off is MUCH more expensive accessories vs. numbered holes. Honestly I use a label maker (white with black letters) and something like C-S for "Chris Squat" on safety holes and j cup inserts. It's high contrast and looks cool on the black too. SO MUCH EASIER and makes it zero negative to Westside spacing which I personally find useful for bench both cups but moreso safeties as I can get them just right and don't have a massive arch to collapse.

4) For me the monos are close to essential. I don't ever walk out squats anymore. I don't use them for bench so they just stay in place for squatting.

5) Regardless of whether you get monos get an additional pair of J cups. Useful if anyone else ever lifts with you.

Ultimately, I'd also look at Legend's high end rack with your budget. What made the decision for me is I already owned a ton of Monster Lite hardware and was really only swapping the rack, Mech isn't making attachments right now, and with moving and furnishing a house...RML-6 was more than good enough...if I have the need/want I can always sell it and swap later. Point being my decision had a lot of individual circumstances...I'd look hard at Legend or even Strength Inc for a custom rack which will be amazing and very competitive.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by turbolsxstang View Post
    Yes take a look at Legend, but I'm biased, I have 2 Legend racks, Pro Half Rack and a 3133, 6 post rack, I used to have an RML 390, I realise it's difficult to make comparisons, but ImO Legend comes out on top in almost every department.

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    Legend would be up there for me. York's commercial line. I think you can get a Reflex in that range.
    I've also had a York STS Half Rack, the STS range is good, again it's just my opinion, but I think the Legend Pro racks offer a significant step up in quality.

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dmh03007 View Post
    Hi all,

My first post so thank you in advance for the replies.

I am researching power racks and I am going to be dropping the trigger soon. I am going to be budgeting about 3k max with shipping.

I know that I don't lift near the max weights that these higher end products are capable of but I am going to be making a one time purchase that should last a lifetime, and I have a fitness subsidy at work that will take some of the sting off. I also just scored a really great deal on a set of rogue bars, and hi-temps, so I can justify paying retail this time around.

For all three of the rogues I am planning on extending the rear section from 24" to 30" so it goes from plate storage to a space that I can actually run safeties and bench in. For this area I am going get the strap safeties. I think those will go well in that area, and should do a good job protecting my face on a failed lift. Rogue quoted me only 60 bucks to get the rear section deeper.

If I get the RM-6 I am going to get the flip down safeties for the 43" section. The other two racks only have pipe/saber safeties, or strap safeties, so I am going with straps.

I am going to upgrade or purchase J-cups to the best available for each rack variant, and it looks like only the Monster has an upgrade, so on the other variants I will end up with a second set of J-cups.

I also am going to get the adjustable monolift regardless of the variant.

Here are the price breakdowns I am seeing:

Rogue Monster - RM-6 - customized $2,180
    -sandwich J-cups (included above)
    -adjustable monolift +$325
    -30" Safety strap +$185
    -43" Monster Flip down Safeties (included above)
    -Shipping +150
    Total: $2,839

-standard J-cups (no upgrade from what I can see)
    -sandwich J-cups +$125
    -30" Safety strap +$185
    -43" Safety strap +$190
    -Shipping +150
    Total: $2,704

Rogue R-6 Power Rack
    -Sandwich J-cups not Available
    -30" Safety strap +$185
    -43" Safety strap +$190
    -adjustable monolift +$305 +50 for Infinity retro fit.
    -shipping +150
    Total: $2,372

The RM-6 is obviously the beefiest, with 3x3 11 gauge (did they used to sell it in 7 gauge?), and 1 inch hardward. But it has 2 inch hole spaces. The other two have 1 inch westside in the best zone and then 2 inch spacing in those other areas. I think 2 should probably be fine.

The RM-6 and Monster light does have less interior space since it has an extra 1 inch of tubing on either side, which is a trade off.

The RM versus the RML seems like a no brainer. Flip down safeties, and bigger hardware for less than 200 more. Yes I give up the spacing but I think the monolift will help compensate.

The bigger question is whether I am giving up a lot by going for the 2x3 R-6? Can't get flip down safeties. Cant get sandwich J-cups. But I do gain 2 inches width inside the rack.

Moving on from the Rogues are there other manufacturers that will get me a similar setup or better, and still keep me under the 3k range.
    I don't see that someone commented on this, but I not sure you will be able to bench in that small area with plate storage. I think The plates on the bar will contact the storage pegs or weight plates on them. Save the money on making the extension and just bench in the rack properly. If you want a separate set up then get spotter arms as a front porch. I have a legend 3171 and it is great. It has welded sides so moving it is more of a hassle than a rogue put together rack.
    I am fortunate to have a mech Monolift but only use it for squats. I cannot squat much, but I still like not having to walk out the bar. I should give it a try for bench. For someone smaller west side spacing is a good option. I wish I had it.
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by EricAtl View Post
    I don't see that someone commented on this, but I not sure you will be able to bench in that small area with plate storage. I think The plates on the bar will contact the storage pegs or weight plates on them. Save the money on making the extension and just bench in the rack properly. If you want a separate set up then get spotter arms as a front porch.
    Agree here. I forgot to mention this. When I had an SML-1 I had storage pegs and plates on the very bottom - I'd move any remaining 45s out to the end to create clearance for benching...so even if you have it built wide enough and figure out the safety issues you will have plates/pegs up and down the rear post and likely be benching from the back of the middle posts as you won't have enough clearance from just unracking the bar.

This is one of the reasons I went with safeties out front (front porch) which was a simple matter of keeping from from my SML-1.

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Inhave a r-4 that i added weight storage too, so essentially an r-6. I agree with others that the weight stirage is such an awesome feature, to use the rear section will require dramatically reducing its conveniance. If rooms not an issue though and its only $60. Its not a huge deal getting the added depth, beware thiugh the reg config is a big footprint.
    The real world best way to get more stations is hands down, front of rack and spitter arms. At the end of the day if you do the added 6" but get spotter arms instead of strap safeties youll actually be able to use the extendd rear section without interfering with the weight stirage and the front (wich most do) even with 6" i feel like the rear is going to feel tight racking and unracking with bumbers stored on the rear. Even though the added depth would technically be functional, having to gauge a safety margin to avoid bar plate interaction will leave you a little underwhelmed. The front of the rack is great though.

Originally Posted by Hardgains88 View Post
    Inhave a r-4 that i added weight storage too, so essentially an r-6. I agree with others that the weight stirage is such an awesome feature, to use the rear section will require dramatically reducing its conveniance. If rooms not an issue though and its only $60. Its not a huge deal getting the added depth, beware thiugh the reg config is a big footprint.
    The real world best way to get more stations is hands down, front of rack and spitter arms. At the end of the day if you do the added 6" but get spotter arms instead of strap safeties youll actually be able to use the extendd rear section without interfering with the weight stirage and the front (wich most do) even with 6" i feel like the rear is going to feel tight racking and unracking with bumbers stored on the rear. Even though the added depth would technically be functional, having to gauge a safety margin to avoid bar plate interaction will leave you a little underwhelmed. The front of the rack is great though.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I am still searching around, too many choices! I am going to have to spring for something soon because constantly loading and emptying shopping carts is becoming a distraction!

I got a quote for the legend Pro series 3221, which looks real nice. It comes in cheaper than the rogue at 2300 with swing in safeties, but the freight on it is killer. 550 dollars freight from what I got quoted!

I have also have a few minutes of swinging the other direction and looking at some of the Titan knock off stuff. I know it will not compare to the precision or finish of the rogue, but functionally I think it would be equally safe at my weights, and they also look like they offer swing in safeties, and mono-lifts. I know reactions on Titan products are mixed around here. I think it would work out to 1/3 the price.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I am still searching around, too many choices! I am going to have to spring for something soon because constantly loading and emptying shopping carts is becoming a distraction!

I got a quote for the legend Pro series 3221, which looks real nice. It comes in cheaper than the rogue at 2300 with swing in safeties, but the freight on it is killer. 550 dollars freight from what I got quoted!

I have also have a few minutes of swinging the other direction and looking at some of the Titan knock off stuff. I know it will not compare to the precision or finish of the rogue, but functionally I think it would be equally safe at my weights, and they also look like they offer swing in safeties, and mono-lifts. I know reactions on Titan products are mixed around here. I think it would work out to 1/3 the price.
    I should also mention that the legend has like a 3 month lead time, if their quote is accurate!!

fevzay is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevzay is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevzay is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevzay is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevzay is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevzay is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevzay is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevzay is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevzay is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevzay is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevzay is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have some thoughts. I own a Rogue RML-6100 (100" version of the 690).

I do not find the Monster series (1" hardware) to be a meaningful upgrade over the ML. I would even argue that the R-6 (2x3") is more than sufficient for all of us here. Having said that, I like the ML as it has a few accessories that cost less in the long run over the Infinity series (ie. you don't have to buy retrofit kits for the monolifts, etc.).

My option for you would be to get either the regular RML-690 or the RML-690C if you need color. Use the plate storage as intended. Buy the SAML-24 safety spotter arms. Use these on the outside of the rack to bench instead of the rear section (and removing the posts for plate storage). Keep the 24" section rather than going to 30" too.

I like the Safety Strap 2.0 from Rogue for squats. I do not care for them on bench. The spotter arms work better for me, and again can be used outside of the rack (saving your rear section for storage).

I believe the upgrade from the regular j-cups to the sandwich j-cups is $50, but you have to get a custom quote for some upgrades. You can also skip the pin/pine and pay $100 extra for the safety straps. They are much easier to adjust than the pin/pine anyway.

I do not do a lot of supersetting, so I keep my spotter arms underneath the safety straps (where I have them set for benching anyway). When I go from squatting to benching, I just drop one side of the safety strap down and I'm set up (also moving the j-cups). Takes 10 seconds.

Let's see....

-sandwich J-cups +$50 (upgrade)
    -43" Safety strap +$100 (upgrade)
    - SAML-24 spotter arms + 162.75
    -Shipping +150
    Total: $2,518 (or 2,336 for the non-color RML-690)

Additionally, you should go ahead and get the Matador, maybe a multi grip pull up bar, and most likely a landmine (the post landmine is great...no need for the rack mount unless you prefer it).

***As an aside, if you can be patient it will be well worth it.

Last years (and possibly this years) Black Friday sale could've gotten you these prices:

RML-690 $1,395
    -sandwich J-cups +$50 upgrade
    -43" Safety strap +$100 upgrade
    -SAML-24 spotter arms + 162.75
    -Shipping +0
    Total: $2,012.75
    Last edited by fevzay; 07-10-2017 at 07:31 AM.

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I should also mention that the legend has like a 3 month lead time, if their quote is accurate!!
    Legend has always delivered ahead of schedule. Why pro series. Just get a regular 3171 or 3133. Not sure how much of an up charge the pro racks are. The main advantage of the pro racks for me would be the ability to doc the bench. But this is not even an option for rogue so not an apples to apples comparison (Legend pro rack vs Rogue anything rack).
    It's like the "marshmallow test". Do you want some easy gratification now with rogue faster shipping or wait a bit longer for more. There were also some members here who had issues with their rogue racks, mostly on the laser cut numbers I think that rogue was slow to resolve. This is in contrast to their rep of excellent customer service.
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    most of us with the titan racks are very pleased with them. It seems to me that the majority of the hate comes from guys who have not used or even seen these racks.

thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by fevzay View Post
    I do not do a lot of supersetting, so I keep my spotter arms underneath the safety straps (where I have them set for benching anyway). When I go from squatting to benching, I just drop one side of the safety strap down and I'm set up (also moving the j-cups). Takes 10 seconds.
    Just wanted to say thanks for this idea. I normally use spotter arms outside rack, but may try like you are doing to make better use of space in my gym.

OP, I love my Rogue Monster Rack. Yes, the hardware is overkill, but I've owned all three series of Rogue Racks (Infinity, Monster Lite, and Monster), and I MUCH prefer the monster line. My RM-3 is rock solid and I prefer the UHMW lined attachments. Just don't get red! Too many guys have red like mine. Lol. Rogue also had my rack to me in less than 10 days, and with zero damage, which is quite an impressive feat.
    Equipment Crew #68, Ivanko Crew #47, Rogue Barbell Club #7, Mech6 Crew #30
    7'x18' Home Gym: http://goo.gl/CBphUy
    Best Lifts @ 153 bw: Sq 320, BP 245, DL 320, Press 155

fevzay is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevzay is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevzay is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevzay is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevzay is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevzay is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevzay is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevzay is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevzay is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevzay is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevzay is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by thejosef View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks for this idea. I normally use spotter arms outside rack, but may try like you are doing to make better use of space in my gym.
    Happy to help!

And I'm not mad at you for the Monster rack love. I looked at those for a LONG time. Ultimately, I decided to wait for the Black Friday sale to see what/if any options for a 100" 6 post rack would be on sale. They had a sale on the Monster and Monster Lite, but the deal became clear to me. I got the RML-6100 (100" with Rogue name plate) with safety straps for $1620 with free shipping. Bought a bunch of other stuff too. Loved the Monster stuff, but the jump in price for the rack + accessories got in the way of me getting a few other essentials. I was just starting my home gym then.

indianbuckeye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) indianbuckeye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) indianbuckeye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) indianbuckeye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) indianbuckeye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) indianbuckeye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) indianbuckeye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) indianbuckeye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) indianbuckeye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) indianbuckeye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) indianbuckeye has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by thejosef View Post
    Just don't get red!
    \

That red is my favorite part of your setup! Buckeye bias.
    “No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” ― Socrates

Originally Posted by EricAtl View Post
    Legend has always delivered ahead of schedule. Why pro series. Just get a regular 3171 or 3133. Not sure how much of an up charge the pro racks are. The main advantage of the pro racks for me would be the ability to doc the bench. But this is not even an option for rogue so not an apples to apples comparison (Legend pro rack vs Rogue anything rack).
    It's like the "marshmallow test". Do you want some easy gratification now with rogue faster shipping or wait a bit longer for more. There were also some members here who had issues with their rogue racks, mostly on the laser cut numbers I think that rogue was slow to resolve. This is in contrast to their rep of excellent customer service.
    Just to reinforace for the OP the Legend Pro series like this:http://legendfitness.com/product/pro...-power-cage-2/ , has no equivalent in Rogue's lineup. This is a complete step up from any of their racks. I'd say it's as good as anything on the market or at least comparable to Power-Lift and other top commercial names. I looked hard at this option and were it not for owning a TON of Monster Lite pieces I'd have bought this or their Pro in open top configuration like this one: http://legendfitness.com/product/pro...wer-station-2/ . Primary issue was cost of all new attachments and needing to likely custom fabricate safeties for out front and mono attachments.