Yanita76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bikini vs. Figure

Good Morning,

I'm interested in competing in bikini/figure next Spring/Summer 2018 and have started training on my own. I'm 5'3", 140 lbs with a body fat ranging between 26% - 29% (measured via Fitbit Aria scale which I don't think is accurate). My caloric intake is currently 1500/day and I count macros and try to eat as clean as possible.

My question: how do I determine which category is a good fit for me? Also, I'm trying to get to 22- 24% body fat on my own, how can I achieve this? I'm currently following Lee Labrada's 12 week program on bodyspace; doing cardio for 45 minutes x 3 times a week.

To get a better gauge of where I'm at, I have progress pics on Bodyspace as well as my fitness journey IG page @fitnessbutterfly08

aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I definitely wouldn't go it alone. I had a dedicated online coach when I competed last year, and have been working with a different coach in a group format this year.

Secondly, most workout programs on bodyspace are bull. They're really just supp promotions. Get on a better and well established plan if you are going to go it alone.

Lastly, take a real close look at your nutrition. Are you weighing your food? Eating clean means nothing really - in the end all your body cares about are macros and micros. I'm only a few years younger than you, roughly the same height and weight, and maintain in the 2000 range. I know I'm on the high end but if you were truly eating 1500, the weight would be falling off of you. Don't get fixated on BF%; like you said the Aria isn't an accurate measuring tool.
    "Never avoid opportunities. They may come in any form." - Carl Allen, Yes Man
    NASM CPT and NPC Bikini Competitor

junkfoodfittie.wordpress.com
    My Journal:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172513881
    FB/Instagram/Twitter: @jcooliegirl

adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I agree with everything aquamarine says above. Find a workout program with built in progressions if you'll be doing this alone instead of one of the canned programs. There are a few listed in the sticky section if you take a look there.

There are definite differences between figure and bikini including muscle mass required, leanness, muscle size/definition, posing, personality. Once you decide on class, then there are also differences across federations in what the judges look for and prefer.

A rule of thumb is to begin dieting and not timebox yourself. Just diet as you would, show or not, and work to be consistent with calories, adjusting and workouts. Once you are about 5-10 lbs out from an estimated show weight, then you'll know more about what class your physique fits and you can start looking at show dates.

You want to start prep with calories as high as possible and cardio as low as possible. That way you have room to lower calories or add cardio when the scale stalls. If you're truly eating 1500 now and doing 3x45 of cardio, you'll have a long haul getting down to stage weight. I'd double check accuracy of your tracking.

A final note, first time preps 99.999999% of the time take longer than you estimate and you usually end up lower in weight than you thought you'd have to be for a stage ready body. It's not unusual for first time preps to take 24-30 weeks or more.
    Online Training and Nutrition Coach
    www.AccidentalFitnessQuest.com

Have a training or nutrition question? PM me or ask me on FB: www.********.com/AccidentalFitnessQuest

tracywhite1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi there, next week we have water sport activities at the beach. I am planning to wear bikinis or swimsuits. While discussing with my friend she suggested me about dollboxx for buying latest bikinis. Any suggestions?

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tracywhite1 View Post
    hi there, next week we have water sport activities at the beach. I am planning to wear bikinis or swimsuits. While discussing with my friend she suggested me about dollboxx for buying latest bikinis. Any suggestions?
    wtf?
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."