zedtruong2578 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Daily calorie intake for a 15 year old boy for muscle gains and fat loss

Hi I'm a 15 year old teenager and I've been dieting for about 5 months now. I started off at 85 kg and lost about 17kg which leaves me at 68kg right now. When I first started I didn't care much about calorie intake, all I did was cutting carbs out of my diet and train every single day. However, I'm pretty sure that the calorie intake was about 1200-1500 a day. As time goes by my body fat percentage dropped a lot and at around 70kg I decided to eat carbs again to maximize my peformance at the gym although my carb intake was only about 50g a day while the protein was around 120g a day. Then summer came, I dropped to 68kg with 7% body fat and 36.5kg of skeletal muscle mass according to the machine I use at the gym to measure it. I'm not sure the measurements are right especially for my age and because how I use it is just simply standing on a scale with my hand holding 2 connected sticks out of a machine. I train 6 times a week, 2 hours a day with one day of cardio and play basketball 4 times per week, each time around 2 hours. I try to keep myself as active as possible. But recently I've been struggling to eat less. My calorie intake daily has been around 1200 calories, 180g of protein, 60g of carb and 25g of fat but somehow, with that amount of protein I still feel the need to eat more, it feels like my brain wants me to eat more and that has not been happening till summer comes when I train a lot harder and become a lot more active. My stomach always feel empty for some reason. However, I still successfully maintain at 1200 cal and the same amount of protein carb and fat. I did some research and the internent recommends 2000-3500 for a moderately active teen. I look back at my inbody results and it recommends me taking 3000 calories per day. So I started to question if I'm eating enough because my cravings keep on happening and another thing is that my abs alhough I train them 6-7 times a week, are not clearly showing at all although my body fat is low.My question is that should I increase my calorie intake per day and also HOW should I increase it for BOTH FAT LOSS(since I dont know if the reason behind the abs not showing is fat or not enough mucle and yes I do feel the muscles when I flex and push down my abs) AND MUSCLE GAINS. I seem to have enough protein but should I increase carbs and fat as well? Note that I don't feel tired or anything like that. All my measurements are accorded to Myfitnesspal and I carefully weight everything out so my measurements of protein and stuffs are not wrong. Thank you for reading and please help me if you'r able to.

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Stop screwing yourself over. Start eating more.
    Texas Method Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MPWVNPbfmfkuoTMDaGih3pbM2-KQHZuSjcJPuwVE9c/edit?usp=sharing**

FMH Crew Little Beast

Hi, thansk for replying but how should I eat more since I already have 180g of protein per day which is already a lot? Should I increase my carbs and if so can you please explain how that's going to help me.

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Stop worrying about your macros and simply eat more food.
    Texas Method Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MPWVNPbfmfkuoTMDaGih3pbM2-KQHZuSjcJPuwVE9c/edit?usp=sharing**

FMH Crew Little Beast

Seems a little vague but thank you. Need more opinions

Notorious175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Notorious175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Notorious175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Notorious175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Notorious175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Notorious175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Notorious175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Notorious175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Notorious175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Notorious175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Notorious175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I am 15 too , i am 180cm and 60 kg and i try to eat 4000 calories a day , maybe more.Just eat , cuz if you don't eat you won't grow and you are being starved and that's bad for you.

3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What you need is to gain 20kgs with proper beginner routine.

Originally Posted by Notorious175 View Post
    I am 15 too , i am 180cm and 60 kg and i try to eat 4000 calories a day , maybe more.Just eat , cuz if you don't eat you won't grow and you are being starved and that's bad for you.
    that doesnt mean i can eat anything right? Also, should I just eat (clean) when I feel hungry?

Originally Posted by 3SchnitzelsAday View Post
    What you need is to gain 20kgs with proper beginner routine.
    So you're saying that I need to get on a bulk or I need a better workout routine? I'm already following a strict routine with a trainer so.
    Last edited by zedtruong2578; 07-02-2017 at 05:56 AM.

3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well I didnt read everything but noticed plenty of meaningless bull****, which leads me to believe you have to get back to basics. How strong are you currently, your weight and height, what routine are you doing?

Notorious175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Notorious175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Notorious175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Notorious175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Notorious175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Notorious175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Notorious175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Notorious175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Notorious175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Notorious175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Notorious175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by zedtruong2578 View Post
    that doesnt mean i can eat anything right? Also, should I just eat (clean) when I feel hungry?
    Dude eat everything , pizzas , cheeseburgers , cakes , ice-cream every **** and grow up , don't care about the calories , you need to make muscle before you cut , also you are 15 eat everything possible , everything is good for you , you are in the years of growing i will tell you the same like ErikTheElectric's famous quote: Why are u even counting calories? xD.You can worry about that when you are 30+ or old when your body doesn't burn the calories as fast as you are 15.Just grow.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Stop trying to fixate on body fat at your age, make the most out of your growing years.

Thank you so much for the advice guys, I think I'll eat the way the way the comforts my body now. I guess I'll enjoy the pizzas and stop restricting myself but only at a limit. I haven't had a cheatmeal for so long. Anyways, yall have a good day and thank you once again.

Cruceuz is just really nice. (+1000) Cruceuz is just really nice. (+1000) Cruceuz is just really nice. (+1000) Cruceuz is just really nice. (+1000) Cruceuz is just really nice. (+1000) Cruceuz is just really nice. (+1000) Cruceuz is just really nice. (+1000) Cruceuz is just really nice. (+1000) Cruceuz is just really nice. (+1000) Cruceuz is just really nice. (+1000) Cruceuz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by zedtruong2578 View Post
    Hi, thansk for replying but how should I eat more since I already have 180g of protein per day which is already a lot? Should I increase my carbs and if so can you please explain how that's going to help me.
    Exactly. Get your required amount of protein (2g per bodyweight) and then just fill up the rest with carbs and fats. Also stop worrying so much about how much skeletal mass and bodyfat and other **** u got lol. It's very simple. Eat 2g of protein per pound of bodyweight no matter if ur cutting or bulking. If you want to get bigger,eat enough to gain 1-2 pounds a month. If you want to get rid of some fat,eat an amount where you lose 4lb or so a month. Dont try to gain mass and lose fat at the same time,it might work for some but it will take a sht load of time and wont be optimal either for fat loss or gaining mass.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OP, you are entering your prime muscle-building years due to increased testosterone - yet you are severely limiting calories and, as a result, your potential muscle growth.