Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I workout in a gym with a relatively small dedicated population, so people get to know each other pretty quick. I workout with the exact same guys because we have the same workout schedule. Often they flatter me with comments, on rare occasions they've lobbed overtly sexual ones at me. I'm pretty humble and often get down on myself, so they know it can make my day when they compliment me. They also know that I am unavailable, and so are some of them, so things stay innocent. To an outsider it would definitely look like a lot of flirting going on. That being said, I have certainly had new gym members flirt with me but I have never had anyone outright ask me out at the gym.

Now whether the OP is a man or a woman, I don't care but I'll add my two cents concerning flirting at the gym. Serious people don't go to the gym looking to find a date, or to get hit on. They go there to work on their bodies. If you want to find a date at the gym, I would suggest you approach it the same way you would any relationship. Be consistent with the times/days you show up because relationships are built over time. People who start flirting first day come across as desperate. Be approachable, and make small talk, but pickup on social cues of those around you. Don't get personal too quick. Talk about common interest. But lastly, recognize that some (a lot of) people legit just don't want to talk to other people at the gym and there's nothing wrong with that.

No Longer A White Knight BetaNerd's Avatar
    BetaNerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetaNerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetaNerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetaNerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetaNerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetaNerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetaNerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetaNerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetaNerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetaNerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetaNerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Every. Damn. Time. I'm just a qt
    Sometimes all you need is sometime to tell you, "We're all gonna make it brah."

First mod neg: "I hope you get doxxed" - BOZZ

mexicolifting is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by flatcheeks View Post
    Hi ladies,

I've read numerous posts about ladies not wanting guys to approach them at the gym and was wondering how often does this actually happen? I am single female and would be really flattered if a guy approached me at the gym but it has never happened ...so am I just ugly?

Ladies can you be honest and post how many times you were hit on at the gym so far and how often does this happen??
    all of the time, just ignore them!

Mattryan035 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mattryan035 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mattryan035 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mattryan035 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mattryan035 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mattryan035 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mattryan035 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mattryan035 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mattryan035 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mattryan035 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mattryan035 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I see dudes hit on women all the time at pretty much every 24 hour gym I go too. Hard to believe you gals aren't getting hit on. Got to wear tighter yoga pants next time haha.O

Geez as a guy, I've even been hit on a few times times at gym and I'm definitely no looker. Some of these aggressive chicks have far bigger balls than me or most guys on here lol.

EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I understand that even unwanted conversation is annoying as fukk at the gym, never mind getting hit on...but holy fukk at women misunderstanding some things.

Hit the gym to do back...pull ups and rows. Got through the pull ups and went to the only machine for seated rows (can't do them any other way due to sciatic issues). There was a young lady on the machine sitting there on her phone. Admittedly she was attractive and dressed in a revealing way ( i am not judging whatsoever, just noticing the obvious). Anyway, I asked her "Excuse me, how many more sets do you have?" She looks up from her phone at me, looks down again and says nothing. Ok. So I say, "Sorry, how many sets you got here?" She annoyingly looks up and says "I just started."

I am just trying to gauge whether to wait here if she is almost done, or to see if I can work in while she ********s. So I say "Ok, so how many more?" She again looks up, rolls her eyes, says nothing and continues on her phone. Fine. "Can I work in?" She gets up, grabs her water bottle and says "Whatever."

I do my sets and reset to her weight after every set. I say nothing as I work out with headphones in don't like to converse at the gym anyway. She finishes her last set and walks away, I do my last set. I get up and head over to the free weights to do curls. She walks right passed me and says "As if."

Wtf LOL? I know guys will find any way possible to "break the ice" but fukk sakes sometimes we are just asking about something specific with no ulterior motive. For all I know, she went on her social media of the day and was like "OMG, thirsty old pervs at the gym today"

Not saying you ladies are not getting hit on, but sometimes it is not what you perceive.

Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There was this one guy who showed up this one time, he did out right ask me to coffee. The offer was politely declined.

Other that this one time with a fly by night never saw this guy again member. I've been unbothered.

Now, does that mean I don't get the weirdness that men do in the gym, no.

Unloading or loading my bar for me when 1. I am not done and 2. I don't look like I need help. They wouldn't do it for a man, so I take it this is some weird way to interact with women at the gym. I find this utterly annoying. Maybe some don't but I do.

Waving at me when we've never had a conversation.

Lurking in my general vicinity until you move within my line of sight and then wave bc all past waves have been ignored.

Staring for amounts of time that cause me to notice you.

All of those things I can deal with even the request to coffee.

I'm not at the gym for dates. I've been married 20 years.

Naljama is a complete loser! (-2000) Naljama is a complete loser! (-2000) Naljama is a complete loser! (-2000) Naljama is a complete loser! (-2000) Naljama is a complete loser! (-2000) Naljama is a complete loser! (-2000) Naljama is a complete loser! (-2000) Naljama is a complete loser! (-2000) Naljama is a complete loser! (-2000) Naljama is a complete loser! (-2000) Naljama is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Hi ladies,

I've read numerous posts about ladies not wanting guys to approach them at the gym and was wondering how often does this actually happen? I am single female and would be really flattered if a guy approached me at the gym but it has never happened ...so am I just ugly?

Ladies can you be honest and post how many times you were hit on at the gym so far and how often does this happen??

I try to concentrate on my workouts but sometimes it's hard not to notice as some tend to hover around too long and it gets quite annoying and uncomfortable because I really want to workout without you hopping on every machine next to me. Some try to engage in small talk and that's fine, I keep it nice and friendly until they flirt, that's when I shut it down because I'm not single so I just draw a clear red line that I'm here to workout only and it's good to talk to others who like working out like me, but I'm not interested in going out no where.

Most of the time though I'm left alone in peace though or I just don't pay attention...I only notice when someone follows me like a shadow for the entire hour I'm trying to lift from machine to machine, or if they come in directly and try to talk...

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There's only one guy at the gym it would be nice to be hit on by (secret gym crush). Fat chance, I could probably be his mom. And I am married, so I would have to decline. But it would be flattering...

WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by dyvokoza View Post
    It was annoying. Not at all flattering. I don't see a male approaching me as a flattering thing. I don't think they approach me (At the gym, or anywhere else) because of any quality I might have aside of being female - I see it as the fact that I was a shorter distance than the other woman in line.

Oh, and older men don't approach you because you look old, silly, they approach you because you look young XD
    Jesus you're bitter lol I hate girls with your type of attitude. Thinking guys just go around asking any female to suck our dinks. Only way I'd make an effort to hit on a girl is if I where in fact attracted to said person. Not just because its a girl and I'm trying to get my dik wet.
    B:275lb
    S:340lb
    D:lol

Current misc wife: makadelic

WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Rabbitjb View Post
    To be fair, most girls reckon you're playing a numbers game because some are and they ruin it for the rest

That said, I'm an old fukker and had a fairly cute guy in a car slam to a stop to smile and holler at me today on walk home from work, couldn't hear what he said cos of headphones, did hear car behind lay on the horn though ..I'd have found that threatening when I was younger tbh, now I'm kind of flattered ..which makes me feel a bit odd TBH
    99% of all guys I know only use their efforts to pick up girls when they find them attractive. The guys playing the "numbers game" are guys who are mentally still in middle school and are in fact a minority NOT the majority as many woman claim.
    B:275lb
    S:340lb
    D:lol

Current misc wife: makadelic

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by WitYoChestBoa View Post
    99% of all guys I know only use their efforts to pick up girls when they find them attractive. The guys playing the "numbers game" are guys who are mentally still in middle school and are in fact a minority NOT the majority as many woman claim.
    I never claimed that

But it is true some guys have lower standards than others.

Jasminexox is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm too scared to say hi. What if they don't even respond back? lol oh how embarrasing that would be if someone snubs me... I know, I know, I gotta grow some balls.

Omg, let me tell you...lately I am guilty of actually playing a game where I guess which girls are attention seekers (got the idea off of a youtube vid) and I definately noticed that there are girls who come to my gym and they have their hair down ! ...and they are always looking around to see if anyone is checking them out, lol. I saw this girl on the stairmaster with her head turned to the side throughout her whole session, and ya you guessed it, she was looking in the direction of where everyone (hotties) was. Her body language was screaming "look at me !!".

No matter what anyone tells me, I will always think that the hair down look is an attention seeking method...it just isn't pratical to have it down during a serious workout!
    Interesting. I keep my hair down a lot, it doesn't bother me. I just feel more comfortable, less "exposed" yea know? Also I have long thick hair, ponytails get heavy and painful.

Message Board King Girlgoneweird's Avatar
    Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Girlgoneweird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jasminexox View Post
    Interesting. I keep my hair down a lot, it doesn't bother me. I just feel more comfortable, less "exposed" yea know? Also I have long thick hair, ponytails get heavy and painful.

you aren't working out very hard then! I have a pixie and by the end of my session I am dripping in sweat.

Inb4 troll says "you're rude" lol
    **Be the change you wish to see on the misc**
    -Gandhi

~NAMASTE~

janeu0 is not very well liked. (-100) janeu0 is not very well liked. (-100) janeu0 is not very well liked. (-100) janeu0 is not very well liked. (-100) janeu0 is not very well liked. (-100) janeu0 is not very well liked. (-100) janeu0 is not very well liked. (-100) janeu0 is not very well liked. (-100) janeu0 is not very well liked. (-100) janeu0 is not very well liked. (-100) janeu0 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Once in a blue moon. They only talk to me to ask how many sets I have left, if I'm working around the area they wanna work on, etc.

IOFn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't think so, although I apparently was - once - according to my sister.

I usually wear pretty drab clothes, a baggy shirt, glasses so I can see the gym TVs, whatever shorts are clean, messy bun, and just work out, listen to music, and ignore everyone. Seriously though, why care? Be thankful nobody is interrupting you?

ilysfm will become famous soon enough. (+50) ilysfm will become famous soon enough. (+50) ilysfm will become famous soon enough. (+50) ilysfm will become famous soon enough. (+50) ilysfm will become famous soon enough. (+50) ilysfm will become famous soon enough. (+50) ilysfm will become famous soon enough. (+50) ilysfm will become famous soon enough. (+50) ilysfm will become famous soon enough. (+50) ilysfm will become famous soon enough. (+50) ilysfm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've been at my current gym about a year now. Only once did someone try to actively try and engage with me in conversation, we were both in the abs/stretching room of my gym and between exercises. And since I'm not an absolute cow I chatted with him because he seemed like a nice enough guy, once he was done later he asked if we could catch up outside of the gym for coffee sometime and I respectfully declined. In general I think most guys at my gym know that most of the women there are simply there to do their own thing and leave.

One guy did find my instagram however and sends me messages every so often, the latest was along the lines of "I love the look of pain on your face on that step machine, keep up the good work x". I still don't actually know who he is, which just goes to show how observant I am of other people at the gym and how disinterested I am in the guys there and any potential hook-ups lol

BbyGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BbyGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BbyGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BbyGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BbyGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BbyGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BbyGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BbyGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BbyGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BbyGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BbyGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I only got hit on at my college's gym a few years back. It's fukkin rude to interrupt someone in the middle of lifting just to hit on them of all things.
    I work out at a 24-hour gym now and I haven't been hit on once, praise the lordt.
    Insta 2_goblins_in_a_trenchcoat

Saucha is just really nice. (+1000) Saucha is just really nice. (+1000) Saucha is just really nice. (+1000) Saucha is just really nice. (+1000) Saucha is just really nice. (+1000) Saucha is just really nice. (+1000) Saucha is just really nice. (+1000) Saucha is just really nice. (+1000) Saucha is just really nice. (+1000) Saucha is just really nice. (+1000) Saucha is just really nice. (+1000)
    Have ya'll ladies noticed that what you wear and how social or confident you feel like being, depends on your cycle? Ovulation is confidence. I naturally wear leggings and snug vests and my face is more symmetrical and I'm naturally leaner. I wear sungger clothes because I love how I look and who I am and I don't care if anyone takes it in or not. Fast forward 2 weeks and before or during period aka flow and I'm baggy pants and tee. I move slower and am sensitive to the lights and loud music. I would cringe if any guy spoke to me whether he was just being friendly or whatever because I feel so introverted I don't wanna talk to anyone. Fast forward two weeks and I'm out of black trackies and into pink leggings with a nice hairdo and make up and full of pep and push harder and move faster. I welcome chats with anyone and would be more friendly to anyone.

melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Basically never because i think.theyre all scared of me srs

My gym is all skinny students and old men so prolly just as well

At my old gym i got hit on all the time though and when i go back occasionally still happens with the same guys lol
    That's bc the clientele there is super alpha and don't give a fuk and women are quite rare
    I didn't bother me tho.
    retired from powerlifting, retired from the misc

gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lol....the way i look when i hit the gym doesnt exactly promote being hit on.

stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Happen all the time to me lol but nah men will always like to stare our ass and boobs

Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gios has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Won't happen much because of dating apps

YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Guys didn't start start hitting at me at the gym (nor in general) until my BMI reached 19. On the flip side, I get a lot of negative comments by females; "eating disorder", "skin and bones", "mental problems", "men like curves", etc... Not one negative comment came from a male.
    Height: 5'6"/167cm
    Starting Weight: 190lb/86kg
    Current Weight: ?

My Experiences/Obstacles: Epilepsy, brain surgery, pacemaker, insulin resistance, reactive hypoglycemia, IBS, hypothyroid

"Every struggle is not a threat but an opportunity; a chance to grow and persevere. Do NOT let your struggles become your enemies."