stephh94 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question skinny fat 22 year old female - need advice!

I've been going to the gym since last October but the scale has barely budged. I could be eating healthier however my diet has vastly improved, both in portioning and overall nutrition aspects. I don't want to dramatically change my diet because I feel like I am doing well (simply and vaguely: higher protein, good carbs, good fats, and most of the time I'm in a caloric deficit for the week) and it's the only way I've been able to stick with tiny progressive changes with food. I've noticed over the last 9 months I've gained muscle definition and my body looks a little "different" I can't quite pin point what's changed because it's not thaat dramatic but I do notice small changes every month or so in my arms and overall "thinness" lol. I work out 3-4 times a week, for about an hour and a half. Most days I'll do cardio because slimming down is my main goal however I'm aware strength training can speed up the process.. (Ie. I'll do cardio 3x a week with body weight exercises on the same day and once or twice a week I'll work with heavier weights). What am I doing wrong? I'm 5'7, 22 years old, female, and 152 pounds. My goal weight is 135-140 pounds but I just can't seem to get there. Overall I'm pretty healthy I've been a dancer since I was a child and that's kept me in a healthy weight range however I do have "skinny fat" tendencies that at this point I believe I'm genetically prone to. My problem areas are my lower stomach and inner thighs.. honestly if I could lose that weight I'd be comfortable with the rest of my body but it seems impossible I feel like I just keep gaining weight back possibly from strength training at the gym.. and although I don't want to stop exercising with weights, it makes me feel huge because I still have unwanted fat and it's coming off waaay too slow for my liking. Am I just being impatient? I started at 158 pounds. I must be doing something wrong if I've only lost 6 pounds in 9 months, and I highly doubt I've gained that much muscle to obstruct weight loss although I've gained some definition all around. Any advice is welcome! How long did it take you to get out of the skinny fat club? Thanks!

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You need to eat a bit less in order to lose faster. Six pounds in 9 months is around a 75 calorie per day deficit. Cut around 200 more per day and you'll average a half pound per week.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Use paragraphs and people will actually READ your post
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

stephh94 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Use paragraphs and people will actually READ your post
    Oh **** sorry Tommy! Didn't know the paragraph police was out tonight! Thanks for taking a slice of your time to leave a helpful reply!

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by stephh94 View Post
    Oh **** sorry Tommy! Didn't know the paragraph police was out tonight! Thanks for taking a slice of your time to leave a helpful reply!
    serious. Walls of texts are annoying in any form of writing. Very hard to read.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Daniel Larson 2024 RainingBlood's Avatar
    RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by stephh94 View Post
    livelaughlove
    Attract toxic girls but I'm not toxic crew
    Always the victim crew
    Pure Michigan crew
    Lana Del Rey > Taylor Swift crew