LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Moobs (Man boobs) and Body fat calculation methods

So I hate to admit it but my body has moobs and I hate them but in any case I'm here because it dawned on me. My entire body can look relatively slim but my moobs can harbor quite a bit of body fat. I was wondering can I trust calipers as a way to measure my body fat percentage because when I follow scooby's [I can't post link sorry guys search on google] body fat measurement instructions my chest will measure around 6 mm. But that is because the skin fold is midsection of the diagonal from the nipple to the top of the armpit. I have more body fat as I go closer to the nipple. In any case, my current 3 fold measurements are like this:

Chest: 6.5 mm
    Abdomen: 20 mm
    Thigh: 13 mm

Which is according to the math is 11% body fat. This is seems unbelievably low for the amount of fat in the moobs. So this is leading me to ponder the following question:
    "Are calipers good at approximating the body fat measurements for body types that have moobs or other irregular storage of fat?"
    Last edited by LeanMan82; 06-24-2017 at 09:13 PM.

LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanMan82 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ^^bump

ShowStopperBB is not very well liked. (-100) ShowStopperBB is not very well liked. (-100) ShowStopperBB is not very well liked. (-100) ShowStopperBB is not very well liked. (-100) ShowStopperBB is not very well liked. (-100) ShowStopperBB is not very well liked. (-100) ShowStopperBB is not very well liked. (-100) ShowStopperBB is not very well liked. (-100) ShowStopperBB is not very well liked. (-100) ShowStopperBB is not very well liked. (-100) ShowStopperBB is not very well liked. (-100)
    I have been diagnosised with gynecomastia from taking Risperdal when I was younger. For two years I did cardio every day. I was 300 pounds. I ended up losing 100 pounds. I started looking better. I went to Florida and lost 20 more pounds. Then for two years hit the weights and took supplements. My moobs went away and I got a fully defined chest. But I started eating like crap and stopped working out. I gained my weight back and my moobs have returned and this TIME it's harder to get rid of so if you do it right the first time stick to it because the second time around will be really difficult.

Originally Posted by ShowStopperBB View Post
    I have been diagnosised with gynecomastia from taking Risperdal when I was younger. For two years I did cardio every day. I was 300 pounds. I ended up losing 100 pounds. I started looking better. I went to Florida and lost 20 more pounds. Then for two years hit the weights and took supplements. My moobs went away and I got a fully defined chest. But I started eating like crap and stopped working out. I gained my weight back and my moobs have returned and this TIME it's harder to get rid of so if you do it right the first time stick to it because the second time around will be really difficult.
    Hey bro I know the feels, my dad took "risperdal," I wondered if he ever dropped them into our food. He was schizophrenic so wouldn't put it past him. In any case, I got my moobs around pre-teens and they have never gone away. But lately, I've been doing the ketogenic diet (look it up - I recommend it for obese people) and it has helped me shed a crap ton of body fat. This will be my first time actually having a fighting chance against moobs (outside of surgery).

In any case, my body fat "caliper" measurements are saying I have 11% body fat with progress showing week to week. I just don't believe it because I still have plenty of fat on my chest area so the question is does Body fat caliper measurements take into account guys with moobs?

ANYONE? ANYONE out there that can answer me!!

bump