sagosto63 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Protect Carpet from Dumbbell - Memory Foam Kitchen Mat

I have a few sets of dumb bells ranging from 30-45lbs that I need to protect from carpet over a concrete slab. Would a basic memory foam kitchen mat work? In a perfect world, it would leave no imprint on the mat nor the carpet but I can't have the carpet damaged or imprinted at all. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by sagosto63 View Post
    I have a few sets of dumb bells ranging from 30-45lbs that I need to protect from carpet over a concrete slab. Would a basic memory foam kitchen mat work? In a perfect world, it would leave no imprint on the mat nor the carpet but I can't have the carpet damaged or imprinted at all. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Anyone?

Can't break what's broken Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Stop dropping dumbbells.

Problem solved.
    Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    Lifts no one cares about:
    SQ: 619x1 (suit bottoms, no belt) / 507x1 (raw, no belt)
    BP: 392x1 (pause bench, raw)
    DL: 500x1 (suit bottoms, no belt)

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller View Post
    Stop dropping dumbbells.

Problem solved.
    That won't solve the problem. They will leave an impression even if they are laid down with the sweetest of touch.

Can't break what's broken Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They aren't that heavy. Store them somewhere that won't damage the carpet. Moving them is no big deal.
    Otherwise, just buy some cheap towels...
    Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    Lifts no one cares about:
    SQ: 619x1 (suit bottoms, no belt) / 507x1 (raw, no belt)
    BP: 392x1 (pause bench, raw)
    DL: 500x1 (suit bottoms, no belt)

In it for the gainz RestoringTally's Avatar
    RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sagosto63 View Post
    Dumbbells of that weight will not damage carpet. If they would, then your kitchen chairs would damage your carpet every time you sat down.

Carpet will compress if weight is placed on it. Good carpet will generally return to normal after vacuuming or brushing. Your dumbbells will leave no more of an impression than the rest of your furniture, particularly if your heaviest DB is 45 lbs.

Dropping dumbbells could tear the carpet. Almost any type of mat would protect the carpet from such tears.

You do not want to use too soft of a pad, though. When lifting, it is best to have a solid foundation for your feet and for your bench. Memory foam is too resilient and will most likely not provide adequate foot support. That is one reason the cheap puzzle mats are no good. To completely protect the carpet, put down plywood.
    O─O York Barbell Crew #53 O─O
    ─█────█─ Ivanko Barbell Crew #63 ─█────█─
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    My goal is to have so much equipment that I don't have room to workout. I am almost there. :)
    ──────────────────────────────────-───────────────────────
    1st Meet Nov 2014 Push-Pull: 225 - 325 @ 194 Masters 59

JeffStickney will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeffStickney will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeffStickney will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeffStickney will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeffStickney will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeffStickney will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeffStickney will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeffStickney will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeffStickney will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeffStickney will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeffStickney will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Even with matching pairs in 5 lb increments, the entire set would only be 300 pounds- less than the weight of 2 people. If you can walk on the carpet without destroying it, then you are worried about nothing. Just spread out the weight by putting some plywood under the dumbbells. If the plywood's area is bigger than 2 people's feet, than the dumbbells are less damaging than people standing on the carpet. If the plywood's area is significantly less, then the dumbbells' impact is significantly lower. If you're still not sure, you can put an upside-down carpet scrap under the plywood.