Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Pregnancy journal

I loved having a journal in the Fat Loss forum but have switched gears and obviously the Female section is the best place for this new journal.

Right now I am 13 weeks along and grateful that I am able to stay active. My only hope for how the pregnancy goes is to be able to stay fully healthy and fit for labor.

A few weeks ago I posted a link to this book. It is about a 5 year case study on hundreds of women by an OBGYN.

It was very helpful for learning to determine changing personal guidelines throughout pregnancy. It is also extremely eye-opening on the benefits of regular exercise vs not.

Some things to anyone reading and interested.
    1. Bigger placentas that supply more nutrition.
    2. Less negative pregnancy symptoms. Back pains, high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, negative body image, the list goes on.
    3. Labor more likely to be on time or slightly early.
    4. Babies mostly on the lower end to mid range of healthy weight. None that are over healthy weight.
    5. Babies that show stress symptoms less often during labor.
    6. A dramatically lower need for c-sections and forceps. Likely due to on time labor, smaller babies and better physical fitness of the mother.
    7. Labor more likely to be shorter.
    8. More likely to quickly recover from labor.
    9. If continuing to exercise after approved after delivery there are lower incidents of feeling overwhelmed, negative body image and PPD.

But I really recommend reading the entire book if you're interested rather than going by the cliff notes.

I also keep track of my nutrition very closely. I have always been pretty bad about getting enough iron, calcium and potassium. Some of the very important pregnancy nutrients. And if I don't pay attention my fiber intake can end up low. Since digestions slows to a crawl I have been keeping my fiber in the 40-50 gram range and things are still working the same as not pregnant and in the 20-30 gram range.

My biggest concern about my body going through pregnancy is avoiding diastasis recti as much as possible. Like I don't want to do anything that is going to cause it but whatever is out of my control is out of my control. From what I understand the best thing that I can do is to stop using my abs and to fully engage my Tranverse Abdominis all the time. Cut out exercises that use a lot of ab bracing like regular squats and pullups and clearly all direct ab work. And to lower and raise myself from a lying position by first rolling onto my side and using my arms to support my weight. Also no laughing, coughing or sneezing

But otherwise I'm feeling great and enjoying being pregnant immensely. There is a motivation to take care of myself above and beyond anything I've felt before because it's not just taking care of myself it is forming a new being and making sure they have everything they need and can benefit from.
    My favorite symptom so far is crazy dreams all night long every night. And I can't wait to start to feel the baby moving!
    Last edited by okayest; 06-23-2017 at 10:44 AM.

okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

1st month summation

I'll be technically accurate and include the 2 weeks pre-conception in the first month.

Like I said I was in the process of losing weight when I got pregnant. So in this month I was eating around 1300 calories, but stepped it up towards the end to 1600 once I missed PMS and realized I'm probably pregnant and needing more nutrients.
    I had also just watched a docuseries on fetal development. One of the episodes was about the different life expectancy of 20 years average in this village based on what season the baby was conceived in. It turned out to be dark leafy greens during the first two weeks of development that affected this. For this village fresh greens were only available for part of the year leading to two different nutrient profiles during different stages of development. So for the second half of this month I was eating spinach of the delicious creamed variety nearly every day.

I was doing Strong Curves lower body only routine 3x a week and doing my own upper body 2-3x a week. And I was biking 45 minutes a day 2-3x week. I kept this up the entire month. I stretch too 3-5x week.

My moving average weight dropped 3 pounds this month.

I had zero symptoms of pregnancy besides the lack of PMS. And that was glorious. I never realized how awful my PMS is until it was gone and I knew it was pretty bad but really it might be categorized as PMDD. I didn't know for sure I was pregnant until after this month.
    Last edited by okayest; 06-23-2017 at 10:26 AM.

2nd month summation

Nausea and lethargy hit mid-way through this month. Luckily a single cracker as soon as I woke up and eating small frequent meals kept the nausea at bay. The lethargy was a pain in the butt.

At my first doctor's visit I noticed a slight raise in my blood pressure. From my normal 90/60 to 100/65. It might have been adrenaline because I was really nervous and excited about my checkup. Not having borderline hypo-tension is probably a good thing during pregnancy anyway.

I also started having food aversions. I went from loving chicken every day to hating it. The only seafood I wanted was the kind I couldn't have, raw and cold-smoked. The idea of planning meals, grocery shopping and cooking sounded awful with the lethargy so I relied on canned beans, corn tortillas, guacamole, salad, fruit, frozen vegetables, cheese, and All-bran with milk for most of this month. My nutrient intake was actually seemingly good. But I ended up developing anemia because I guess my body needs the heme-iron.
    Unexpected and awesome food aversion is that sugary things hold zero appeal to me. On occasion I've had dessert but then felt awful. So I've turned into one of those super annoying I-eat-fruit-as-dessert people. Sometimes it's pickled beets.

I was eating around 1800-1900 calories this month and felt stuffed and bloated every day without fail.

My moving average weight increased .5 pound.

Because of the lethargy the most exercise I could muster for the middle two weeks of this month was to drag my butt from the couch to the floor a foot away and do girly style workouts you'd see in Cosmo with some bands or just body weight 2-3x week. It was really important that I not quit activity entirely. I didn't want to give in to that kind of mentality because I know it's hard to bounce back from.
    The last week of this month I was back at biking 30 mins and then up to 60 mins 3x a week. I was able to start lifting again and did AllPro's 3x week but with weights that were around 40-50% of what I can do.
    Still stretching but maybe 3x week.

I also got horribly anxious and hopeless during the weeks of lethargy and nausea. Partly because so many changes to my normal routine happened all at once and partly because of spending the preceding weekend around a person who regrets all their life changes of having a kid that they never really wanted. It was awful and I've had to cut contact with that person as much as possible. Pregnancy is a great time to cut out unsupportive people who want to project their own fear and failure on to you.
    Last edited by okayest; 06-23-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Currently in month 3.

This month is going to lead to some more tailoring of my workouts. Back squats are requiring more ab strain than I want. I'm thinking of some sort of split squat instead. After searching for posts in the forum I've accepted that one day leg training might just be leg extensions and leg curls.

Pendlay rows are also increasingly slightly uncomfortable. Any compacted bending forward for more than a couple seconds is slightly uncomfortable. It feels like a blood flow thing. It isn't stomach related. I am not showing at all. I will be switching to inverse rows and see how that goes. If it doesn't go well then standing band rows it is.

RDL surprisingly does not bother me in the slightest.

Overhead press, Bench press, Upright rows, calf raises all do not bother me at all.

I did start following Natalia Melo on IG. A picture of her pregnant came across my likes of friends page and it's helpful to see how a professional has tailored their lifting while pregnant.

Went to a upper body Bootcamp with my husband tonight. He got into it recently and I wanted to show support. I took my time and rested a lot to keep my heart rate down. I definitely learned a couple of things.

The first is that I have zero muscle endurance. It was circuits of 25 reps and not even halfway through I felt my muscles not wanting to contract. The second is that I might be good at biking but my cardio endurance was struggling through the warm-up of a teeny tiny bit of aerobics. I learned that I would benefit from throwing in some higher rep work. Great news for me at this very moment since heavy lifting and strength is kind of out. It also wouldn't hurt to throw in some variety of my cardio activities.

I have some old depletion workouts that I actually like a lot and can include once a week. Probably half volume at first so I don't cripple myself with DOMS. And I might drop in for a Bootcamp class once every week or two for a variation in cardio. And drag out some old dance DVDs. I'm glad I got out of my comfort zone it's given me some ideas.

Thinking about yesterday's experience reminded me of bodybuilder Tom Platz vs powerlifter Dr Squat. For a squat competition they did 1RM and then they did AMRAP at an equal weight

Dr Squat's 1RM = 855 pounds
    Tom Platz's 1RM = 765 pounds

Both then did 525 for reps.
    For Dr that was 62% of his 1RM
    For Tom it was 69% of his 1RM

Tom did 23 reps and Dr only did 11!

You truly get good at what you train for and there is not as much carry over as one would think. I'm glad I had the experience of last night to see a whole realm of training to focus on during the rest of my pregnancy. Because the alternative would have been not being able to keep up strength training in any way similar to what I do and feeling forced into something that I saw as weaker and a step down. But it isn't weaker. It is a lateral move and whole different type of fitness to improve at. Very happy to see it this way at the right time.

WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In for log!
    *Prep coach/Cert.Personal trainer-contact for online training
    *Instagram: amythewolf
    *Texas Crew

tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Congrats!!! and good to see you journaling here.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172554141

Thanks, Tina! I saw your journal in the queue and checked it out. I had no clue you were such a boss.

Same goes for Wolfbeast.

Great lifts and great physiques!

I finished up week 4 of AllPro yesterday.
    And I sat down to try to come up with a new routine better suited to where I'm at. It didn't get that far. All there is so far is a list of exercises I'm positive feel good and won't need too heavy of a load for. But I'm really undecided about choosing reps or how I want to spread them throughout days. I'm also considering breaking up upper and lower body. Ugh! No direction yet.
    So I'll probably finish up the last week of the cycle for AllPro with the inverse row substitute and back off on the squat weight another 10 pounds and keep working on something new.

*And now I'm reading this over at stumptous. https://stumptuous.com/weight-training-during-pregnancy

Given concerns about joint laxity, heart rate, oxygen consumption, and overheating, it seems inappropriate to suggest that weight trainers build their program around long sets of lower intensity. Rather, I would think it sensible to take an approach which uses shorter sets combined with a lower intensity, resulting in a similar overall volume. So, for example, let us say that our pregnant trainee normally performs 3 sets of 10 reps in the squat, using a weight which is somewhere around 65-70% of her 1RM. For an experienced trainer this is a relatively low intensity to be using, so we assume that she can continue to use it as long as she is comfortable with it.

However, we might modify her program so that she is performing something like 6 sets of 5 reps each, or even 10 sets of 3 reps, for the same total volume, but changing the demands of each set to reflect the increased need for rest and moderation.
    Which is going against what I was thinking but addresses the concern about too intense of a heart rate that I was afraid of running into with higher reps. So more to think about.

I've been reading some logs from yesteryear in the forum. I've read through the first two and started on the third.
    Sonti https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...4713231&page=1
    Heidismommy https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=125940083
    Tiffany_P https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=126348833

EDIT

I forgot to add but I think I found that even more fiber is now needed. 55 grams/day seems excellent for staying regular. The best hack I've found and could kick myself for not coming up with years ago is 1 cup/60g of All-Bran and 1/2 cup/60g of chocolate granola. It has the flavor of granola and has 25g of fiber! It also doesn't have 600 calories and 50g of sugar like a similar sized bowl of straight granola would have.

All-bran 101. The Original gets mushy and I love it. The Buds stay crispy. The Flakes aren't even close nutritionally the Original or Buds and should be titled Some-bran.
    Last edited by okayest; 06-26-2017 at 01:16 PM.

I biked today. It felt hard in the beginning so I went at an 11 mph pace. After 20-30 minutes I felt more energy and went up to 12 something for the rest of the hour.

My food the past two days has been amazing.
    Breakfast: All-bran, chocolate chocolate granola and skim
    Lunch: Extra lean meatloaf, sour cream garlic mashed potatoes and microwaved green peas
    Dinner: Creamy chicken taquitos with guacamole
    Snack: Banana

The taquitos are from The Girl Who Ate Everything. I make them with Neufchâtel and corn tortillas. I could eat a dozen of them so it's a good thing I only make 4 at a time.

But I'm running out of food and still need to decide what to get at the store tomorrow. I need another meat and potato meal. It's a great way to get iron and potassium. I've been leaning towards hamburgers and spicy sweet potato fries. And I keep meaning to make spring rolls but I keep lazing out.

TMI for the next paragraph. I've lost 3 pounds in the past 2 days from my increased fiber intake. 3 damn pounds! It is ridiculous how whack the GI tract gets. Everyone knows you'll have to pee all the time but it wasn't common knowledge to me that you'll be constipated the entire time unless you go hard on fiber.

I completed my first draft of a new routine. Any constructive comments are welcome. I'm still not sure if I want to do 3 full body days or 6 upper and lower days so I'm presenting it as 6 workouts and I maybe will combine them.

Lower 1 70 reps/Glutes, 40 reps/Quads, 45 reps/Hams, 45 reps/Calves
    Single Leg Low Box Squat 4x10
    Hip Thrust 2x15
    Ham Curl 3x15
    Calf Raise 3x15

Lower 2 75 reps/Glutes, 45 reps/Quads, 45 reps/Hams, 40 reps/Calves
    Hip Thrust 3x10
    Bent Leg Pullthrough 3x15
    Leg Extension 3x15
    Calf Raise 2x20

Lower 3 60 reps/Glutes, 30 reps/Quads, 30 reps/Hams, 30 reps/Calves
    RDL 3x10
    Reverse Lunge 2x15
    Calf Raise 3x10

Upper 1 40 reps/Chest, 60 reps/Back, 40 reps/A. Delts, 60 reps/P. Delts, 60 reps/L. Delts, 60 reps/Bis, 40 reps/Tris
    Bench Press 4x10
    Horizontal Row 4x15
    Lateral Raise 4x15

Upper 2 60 reps/Chest, 40 reps/Back, 100! reps/A. Delts, 40 reps/P. Delts, 40 reps/L. Delts, 40 reps/Bis, 40 reps/Tris
    Inverse Row 4x10
    Overhead Press 4x10
    Incline Fly 4x15

Upper 3 0 reps/Chest, 60 reps/Back (Lats only), 40 reps/A. Delts, 60 reps/P. Delts, 40 reps/L. Delts, 40 reps/Bis, 60 reps/Tris
    Upright Row 4x10
    Straight Arm Pulldown 4x15
    Band Reverse Fly 4x15
    Tricep Pushdown 4x15

So Upper 2 has a ton of A. Delt work but I'm not sure how much of the Incline Fly it actually moves and the intensity for an isolation is kind of low so I almost don't care? Weekly its 20 extra reps for A. Delts over P. Delts. I was also told that I'm all arms no lats during pullups. Since I'm not doing pullups due to ab activation I hope the straight arm pulldowns will improve that mind muscle connection. And I purposefully gave my Glutes extra volume because ones butt can never be too in shape.

I'm not even sure if pregnancy allows muscle growth. Hormone and nutrient partitioning wise. I tried searching for studies and they are literally all on pregnant cows! They say pregnant women's lean mass is about 5 pounds heavier after delivery but I think that's due to a still enlarged uterus, maybe still elevated blood volume and breast milk. All of those are technically lean mass. But whatever. No harm giving myself enough volume to grow if I can.

Tough workout today but it's most likely a terrible night's sleep because it's not even 8 pm and I'm ready for bed. I had 3 hours of sleep then had to see my husband off on a trip then 2 hours of being awake and 5 more hours of sleep. So I got all my sleep but in an awful way. This is my future in 6 months! No more full night's sleep.

Today was the last heavy day of AllPros. It was very tough. Took lots of extra rests. On squats I had to take an extra breath or two before the last two reps on the working sets. Bending over for Pendlay rows was so hard but the warm-ups felt perfectly fine. I think I'll be able to get away with bent over rear delt raises on my new routine because the intensity is so low. A wide stance helps too.

This is where I'm ending. 12 reps for everything
    Squat 65#
    Bench 45#
    Pendlay 40#
    Overhead 30#
    RDL 75#
    Upright 35#
    Single leg Calf raise 50#

Food today was weird and off today. Refined starches for every meal.

Bagel and meatloaf for breakfast. Yep
    Cucumber dill chicken salad with crackers for lunch
    I did eat bran and granola to get some fiber
    Guacamole and tortilla chips for dinner

Obviously did not go to the grocery store. Way too tired.

Found an article by Schoenfeld about pregnancy and training.

https://www.nsca.com/uploadedfiles/n..._2011_33.5.pdf

Not too much I haven't read before but some new stuff like this.

HYPERTHERMIA
    There is a long-held belief that that exercise-induced hyperthermia can have detrimental effects on the fetus. Initial concerns on these risks were based on research in animals, where Strength and Conditioning Journal | www.nsca-lift.org 69 heat stress during early stages of pregnancy led to an increased incidence of neural tube defects (28,55). Studies in humans, however, do not support this conclusion (37,55). Stevenson (72) reported no evidence that prenatal exercise induces hyperthermia nor did it have any teratogenic effects on the fetus.

Larsson and Lindqvist (45) found that low impact maternal exercise of up to 70% of maximal heart rate shows no significant increase in core temperature from pre-exercise levels, and none of the subjects even approached a dangerous body temperature. This is thought to be due to an earlier onset of sweating, which occurs at a continuously lower body temperature as term progresses (15). In addition, pregnancy-induced plasma volume expansion increases temperature and blood flow, accelerating the dissipation of heat (74).

I'm still not sold on the women should never lay on their back or else death will occur warning and don't get why it keeps getting said. The study this is based on is for third term only when the womb is heavy and found a .4%? increase if lying on back or right side for the entire night. Women who change positions throughout the night don't see the same increased rate of stillbirth. And the same researchers did a study with 30 minute intervals and found absolutely no increased risk. So why is 1-2 minutes treated as a danger? There is evidence that it isn't and none that it is.

I had my 2nd appointment today. This was the first with my doctor and it was great to meet her because she is very friendly. And she was very supportive of me weight lifting!

The baby's heartbeat was strong and she said it was super easy to find.

At my last visit the sonogram showed 3 fibroids in my uterine wall which isn't that abnormal. But the doctor explained to me what could happen to them during pregnancy.

1. One of them has the potential to grow up to 9cm across. This could potentially cause an obstruction for labor and require a c-section. I was reading about this at ncbi (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2876319/) and them growing has a 22-32% chance. But essentially all of the growth would be during the 1st trimester so I'll know in early August during my 2nd sonogram if this is the case.
    2. The fibroid could wither and die. Again same link shows a 10% incident of this. This could cause massive pain on the level of appendicitis.
    3. They could stay exactly the same. 58-68% chance.

I obviously would prefer option 3 but I would take 2 over 1. It wasn't the most pleasant news but it was far from the worst news.

She also gave me the weight goal of 25 pounds but said some of that will likely be water weight towards the end. Right now that means around .75 pounds a week which is very close to what I've been doing for the past few weeks. So I'll keep my habits the same until it's not enough.
    Last edited by okayest; 06-28-2017 at 11:01 AM.

I took a pic this morning. I'm in the Am I Showing Or Is That Mostly The Fat That's Always Been There? stage.

And I just realized that I've been wearing my underwear inside out today

Did a new 50 minute dance workout today. It was fun and a good workout. But my god I am a horrific dancer. Hopefully if I do this somewhat regularly I'll get more coordinated and gain some rhythm.

I finally had my cheeseburger with regular and sweet potato waffle fries today. With enough leftovers for 3 more days. And I satisfied a quesadilla craving I've had for a few months when I went out with a friend. Not the most nutritious day but really delicious! Tomorrow I'm making shrimp scampi. Enough for 3 servings. So that's my menu through Saturday. Burger and fries, shrimp scampi with salad, cereal and tons of watermelon.

versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cute baby bump. I love seeing baby bump progression photos as much as I love other progression photos.
    Originally Posted by okayest View Post
    I took a pic this morning. I'm in the Am I Showing Or Is That Mostly The Fat That's Always Been There? stage.

And I just realized that I've been wearing my underwear inside out today

Thanks! I love looking at them too because everyone is so different.

About to go lift. I really wasn't feeling it. I was feeling lazy, hot and my sinus felt dry. But I realized I'm probably dehydrated because I hadn't had any water since breakfast. I always forget how impactful dehydration can be. But when I do remember I'm glad because it's so easy to remedy. So now I'm hydrated, fed and ready for the last medium day of AllPro!

Workout went totally easy.

I subbed inverse rows for Pendlay because I am officially done with bent over rows. I also subbed 4x10 Single Leg Low Box Squats for the back squats. I wanted to see how my heart rate was during it. Usually single leg work turns into a cardio workout. But not today. I learned that my bench doesn't have the right height setting so they were just box squats.

I did try to do rows with a band to see how it would work with my new routine and I discovered that I still really hate band exercises. The resistance is terrible and I never feel like I get the right intensity. I'm looking at getting rings so I can do inverse rows with different grips. I did look at TRX but OMG the prices!

I also tried out gliding leg curls but I feel like they're too easy. Even one leg. I definitely can't lay face down for leg curls. Sigh. Maybe I'll join a gym and make things easier on myself. Seated leg curl, cables, and leg press would all make things easier for me.

3rd month summation

Officially in the second trimester!!!!!

Symptoms this month were rare. My bra band is much tighter which is strange because I'm -1 pound down from pre-pregnancy. My cup has been getting fuller but still not spilling over. I am terrified of where I'm going to end up by the time my milk comes in. I cup, J cup?!?!
    Still having wild crazy dreams all night long.
    My food aversions have almost gone away completely. I'm back on chicken and shrimp. But I still do not find anything alluring about sweets. I even tried eating ice cream this month and after 3 bites was actually disgusted. Disgusted by ice cream! Me!

My blood pressure at my appointment was 104/58. My systolic is showing a trend of going up (+14 from normal!) and my diastolic has been hanging around normal. That means my pulse pressure is increasing outside normal range. This is common with anemia and pregnancy but it could also be an early indicator of pre-eclampsia. Really going to wrangle in my salt intake. Increasing my cheese, meat, bread/pasta intake and calories in general has made my sodium intake go up about 25-50% higher. I really should focus on preparing lower sodium meals.

For half of this month I was still at 1900 calories but for the rest bumped it up to 2100. Had a handful of days over but also a few days under.
    Fiber intake very recently has been bumped up to the 50s.
    I've also been eating lots of lamb and beef for the heme-iron. And supplementing with an iron tablet every other day.

Weight is up 1.5 pounds this month. Bringing me to a net -1 pound for the first trimester. My aim since raising my calories has been gaining at .5-.6 pounds a week and I've been on target with that. Except for the weight that fell off when fiber went up but that wasn't real weight anyway. I use Happy Scale every day to track my moving average and rate and that's very helpful for feedback now that I have a weekly weight gain goal.

I've been doing 1 hour biking/2-3x week and weights 3x week all month. Stretching 2-3x a week.

I think we're switching names now too. My husband had chosen a name before we even started trying and I okayed it at the time. But now that saying the name to the baby for the rest of his life is a reality I can't feel myself calling my son that. We're thinking about naming him after my husband's dad. It's a great name and it means something to us. Picking out a random name really feels like going to a chain store and picking out factory produced art.
    Also if we do name the baby after his dad that increases the chances that he will have to stop his hermit ways and finally come visit us and his first grandchild.
    Last edited by okayest; 06-30-2017 at 08:00 AM.

Biking today was brutal until the last 10 minutes. I think accidentally slightly bumping the knob increased the resistance made more of a difference than I thought it would. Did 12 miles in 60 minutes.

My husband came home and we went out to eat and it was not enjoyable The restaurant was hot, my jeans are now tight on my stomach when sitting and I have indigestion pains from a tiny side salad and a few pieces of pesto bruschetta.

Last day of AllPros! Everything went great because the light day always does.

This time I subbed bar-assisted single leg squats for the back squats. I liked them more than the single leg box squats. They did seem to get my heart rate up a bit because they were more challenging. So I will do these for my new workout instead of the box squats. Balance and loading are complete non issues too so this exercise will work well.

Like this. But I set the bar to chest height, stayed very close to into it and went ATG.

Yesterday was a good rest day.

Now that I'm watching my sodium levels I realize that they are ridiculous. I'm getting 200%-300% of the RDA and it's the same mg as my potassium intake! And that is not including anytime I salt my food Pre-pregnancy I had no issues with sodium. Probably because I was dieting and so many things were limited in my diet. Mostly things like cheese, sauces and baked goods. Also the huge increase in calories from 1300 to 2100 is going to bring a lot of sodium with it naturally. Even if I eat the exact same foods it's going to be nearly double the sodium because of portions. So bringing my intake down to 2400 mg is my first goal.
    Last edited by okayest; 07-03-2017 at 08:51 AM.

Cardio went way better than it has the previous couple of times. I didn't think it would because I was emotionally wiped today. Hormones. But I surprised myself and started out a 15 mph pace then slowed down and finished over 13 miles in 60 minutes.

Sodium intake today was good progress. 2600 mg instead of yesterday's 4500 and the day before's 3500. I wonder how much of my bloating has been hormones, how much has been volume and how much has been sodium? I didn't bloat much today and it feels amazing.

Not much else to report.

My workout today was amazing! I really enjoy what I put together. It was one of those workouts that leaves you both wiped and refreshed.

Bar assisted pistol squats 4x10
    Leaning lateral raises 4x10x5#
    Hip Thrust 2x15x115#
    Single arm DB row 1x15x15# / 3x15x20#
    Ham Curl 1x15x10# / 2x15x15#
    Bench Press 1x10x35# way too easy / 1x10x50# / 2x9x50# I thought I failed the first set of 9 because of not enough rest but nope because I failed again.
    Single leg calf raise 2x15x50# / 1x15x45#
    Seated band hip abduction 3x20x16-27# red band

Hip thrusts are going to have to go. Will replace them with single leg hip thrusts. The pad was pushing on my bladder on the bottom part of the move and it was so uncomfortable. I tried a band setup too so I wouldn't have that problem but it wasn't happening.
    The DB rows are completely comfortable and made me feel nothing like the way Pendlay rows were. I'm psyched. I need good back work.
    Laying ham curls work for the time being. I rest up on my forearms, tilt my pelvis under and squeeze my glutes hard. My belly has room and my low back is protected. Also psyched because I also need good ham work.
    I am throwing in band seated, laying and standing hip abductions at the end of workouts. Rotating them, not all of them every workout.

Sodium up until now has been great but it is the 4th of July and I am having bbq for dinner so I think I'll be missing my goal by a long shot.

On the baby front. I was looking at mobiles on etsy last night and am certain our kid is going to have several because there are too many amazing ones to only choose 1. The slothstronaut is my fave!

Last edited by okayest; 07-04-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Got cardio in today. After being on the bike for 10 minutes and feeling the struggle I decided to adjust the knob a few mm back to where it used to be and it felt much better. Pace went up big time and I got 15 miles in 60 minutes. I definitely prefer faster to more resistance if I'm doing steady state.

Sodium yesterday was as ridiculous as expected. 5000 mg! Today was much better at 2700, and that is with estimating salting my food. I'm serious about cheese being one of the main culprits of my excessive intake, a big hunk of mozzarella in a Capri salad screwed up my total today. It also added more fat than I like. The days where I eat higher than minimal fat I seem to want to eat everything.

And my butt and hammies feel yesterday's workout. It's been awhile since those groups have really felt a workout. Allpros and the weight I was using for RDLs wasn't doing enough.

Did weights today. Took some experimenting to find the right weight.

Single leg Hip Thrust 1x10x0# / 1x10x10# /1x10x25#
    Overhead Press 4x10x35#
    Bent leg Pullthrough 3x15x50-120# green band
    Inverse Row 3x10xbar set at 9 / 1x10xbar set at 10
    Leg Extension 1x15x25# / 2x15x30#
    Incline Fly 3x15x8#
    Calf Raise 1x20x65# / 1x20x85#
    Walking Hip Abduction 4x10x28-44# peach band + 21-33# black band at knees

The hip thrusts with a plate were comfortable for my bladder but I still wasn't feeling them entirely. And next time I am doing the walking abduction with a band at the feet. I don't know why I choose knees because I've never done them like that before.

Sodium today is 2500. That's really close to a total success. Even though I got the lower sodium cheese between it and my bagel my sandwich seemed way too high in sodium. This is a sandwich that I have been craving for months. As soon as lunchmeat became a no-no it is all that I've wanted even though I rarely ever eat it. So last night I set aside some poached chicken to thinly slice to make mock coldcuts for a classic sandwich. It was everything!
    Dinner was a bit of a sodium bomb too but worth it. Unstuffed Bell Peppers from Budget Bytes. https://www.budgetbytes.com/2014/08/...-bell-peppers/ Everything this woman makes is to my taste. I wish I could hire her as my personal chef.

Took today as my rest day instead of Sunday. I was super busy and when workout time came around I wanted food time instead. I didn't even get to eat breakfast until 2pm!

My stomach is starting to feel strange. Around my waistline just inside of my obliques it feels like a tendon or something is being pulled or pushed out. I guess my ab wall is officially popping out. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow to mark 15 weeks!

Sodium today wasn't great. I helped myself to my husband's leftover sweet and spicy boneless wings. Plus the leftover Unstuffed Peppers. 3800 mg today! Oh my!

Today was the 3rd and final routine in my new workout plan and it felt good overall.

Reverse Lunge 2x15x20#
    Straight arm Pulldown 4x15x10-50# black band
    Romanian DL 1x10x85# / 2x10x90#
    Upright Row 4x10x40#
    Single leg Calf Raise 3x10x55#
    Overhead Tricep Extension 4x15x20#
    Rear fly 4x15x3#s
    Lying Band Abduction 4x15x13-21# heavy yellow band at ankles

I can go heavier on the lunges and the rear fly. Maybe even the extension. I guess I didn't feel like messing around with plates today. My butt was fried by the end today so something at least got a proper workout.

So here is 15 weeks and 13.5 weeks for comparison. I don't notice much of a change.

I'm not even close to being done eating today but sodium seems like it's going to be right where I want it. Maybe I'll start listing my menus.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, Genesis seed toast with jelly, banana
    Lunch: sliced cucumber fresh from our garden with the last of the Unstuffed Bell Peppers
    About to be dinner: spicy homemade sweet potato fries with oil, classic style cheeseburger on ww bun

I wish I had more fruit for after dinner but it's grocery store time again. Maybe I'll have pickled beets if I really want something sweet.

Edit. I totally forgot I have half a dozen cans of pineapple juice so that was dessert. All nutrition on target. 2400 mg of sodium too! Finally.
    Last edited by okayest; 07-08-2017 at 03:20 PM.