Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

3 weeks postpartum

Everything is still getting so much better. All little things. Like I can finally sleep on my back again because I'm now able to log roll to my right side to push myself up. Not to my left side yet, the more painful side with the suture knots, but getting close. And my abs must be getting a bit stronger because my low back is hurting a lot less when bent over during diaper changes.
    And the swelling in my feet is gone completely. I have had weird nerve pain in parts of both feet since delivery. I was thinking it could be from the spinal block but my OB says it could be from my sacrum moving back into normal position. I hope it goes away eventually because it feels like a cross between bruising and burning depending on how it's touched.

I feel like in a couple of weeks I'm going to be 100% ready to ease back into things. I also feel like my stomach is getting back to what it was pre-pregnancy nicely.

Forgot to add that I stepped on the scale at some point this past week and was down another 4 pounds.
    Last edited by okayest; 01-24-2018 at 02:35 PM.

okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

4 weeks postpartum

This week was a great week. Besides one instance of pain from being in an awkward position I felt very close to back to normal. Tomorrow I'm starting Forrest yoga "low belly" activation from the ab work in the form which I think is very close to what people call pelvic tilts. Also some upper back exercises with bands so I don't have to bend forward. And lastly some neck exercises. My posture has been so hunched and forward leaning during recovery and it needs to be fixed.

I think this is as far as I'm going to "snap back" without some ab exercises. My abdominals are still so weak and stretched out even though they are definitely stronger than a month ago. I kind of tested to see how separated they are and right above my belly button feels like 3 fingers. Everything else feels like less so I think that's a really good starting point. I still have 2 weeks before my OB visit where she'll clear me or have me wait a couple more weeks to resume exercise.

I've also lost another pound but that's it. My cup size is still 2-3 sizes larger but I don't think that accounts for 10 pounds. I guess I also won't see the scale going down again until I get into a deficit. I've been eating ad libitum these days but it's almost always roughly 2000 calories.

In non me news, Lyle McDonald finally released The Women's Book. I've literally waited years for this so I bought it immediately and have started reading as much as I can in between feedings, changes and cuddles. It is living up to all of my expectations! Now I just need to wait until I get my cycle back and out of this hormonal grey space.

5 weeks postpartum

I was able to start doing the light core, back and neck exercises this week. I also started stretching again and it feels so good! The pelvic tilts and glute bridges have started to make my abs feel normal again. This is the only upper back exercise I'm doing. It's not exactly a pull-apart. http://www.bodbot.com/Exercises/265/...ight,-Palms_up

I am excited for when I'll be ready to graduate to single leg glute bridges and then to hip thrusts. After not being able to do much for my glutes all pregnancy and my center of gravity changing, they are sad looking and feel so weak.

Recovery feels almost over. Still a bit of pain if I strain too much in that one surgical spot but otherwise I feel great. Still have the nerve pain and numb spot in my feet though. I'm worried about how that is going to affect me during exercise. If I step wrong it feels like tissue is violently ripping. And even though I know it's not it still feels real.

Weight went down again 2 pounds. I'm amazed that I'm still looking different from week to week.

6 weeks postpartum

I had my doctor's visit yesterday and am cleared to return to intense ab bracing exercises in 2 weeks. I can do whatever else now. So I will be doing a couple of days of biking for the next two weeks in order to get some stamina back. Then at 8 weeks I'm adding in 2 days of circuit style, muscular endurance workouts. If I feel ready, in 4 weeks from now I'll be adding 2 days of heavy lifting.

I'm also returning to dieting. I'm not breastfeeding anymore, unfortunately I never could exclusively or even primarily. I could produce a ton but couldn't get out more than around 12% of what he needs.

My diet is great too. It's called the I Have No Time to Eat a Full Meal Diet. And ironically as I was typing that sentence the baby started to stir and needed half an hour of hands on time so my half eaten bowl of broc**** has gotten cold.

I think I look like I did pre-pregnancy so I'm wrapping up this journal now at 6 weeks postpartum. I might start a weight loss one up again in the Fat Loss Logs section.

Last belly shot!

Oh. I am making an appointment for the stretch mark laser removal and will actually come back here to update with how well it worked.

Two things.

I started a new journal but it's in the Losing Fat Journal section, https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1544508871

And I went in yesterday for the first of 3 treatments with the Pulsed Dye Laser for the stretchmarks. He went over my C-section scar too while he was at it. It is painless in my opinion. He warned me everything would be bruised and the marks and scar are indeed dark purple. For anyone reading and interested, it isn't cheap unfortunately. $1200 total for the whole package. But he's also doing all the cherry angiomas that I developed before and during pregnancy at no extra cost.

To update... After 3 treatments the stretchmarks are completely gone. Totally invisible, like they were never there. The cherry angiomas went away with a single treatment.

I wish this technology existed when I went through puberty!

Sunainasinha is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Pregnancy Journal

Pregnancy is the perfect time to keep a journal, even if you haven’t scribbled notes in a diary since childhood.

Why keep a pregnancy journal?

The emotions, struggles and routines of your pregnancy are worth remembering…but they are easily forgotten.
    It’s a helpful way to recall the uniqueness of each pregnancy and birth if you have more than one child.
    A diary of your thoughts and reflections may be a keepsake for your family someday.
    I am a happy and healthy mother. Love to stay fit always and also make my family healthier too. I write about something which helps our ladies in many ways. Currently working at Zealthy