Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Another day of feeling completely wiped out. It's 7 and I want to fall asleep. I don't think it was the workout. Today was an upper body day and after yesterday if felt relatively easy. Did all 4 circuits.

Lunch: mushrooms, garlic and spinach in butter tossed with ww pasta and parmesan, yogurt with all-bran and chocolate chips
    Dinner: a huge tomato in balsamic, chicken and red pepper raviolis, all-bran buds with pb puffs and milk

I was too focused on work to eat breakfast and didn't want to eat a snack before my workout so it turned into only 2 meals today but I feel comfortably full.

okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Did a full body workout. The full body days are more cardio and muscular endurance than they are strength. Sweated up a storm. Got dead tired. And today in particular exhausted my anterior delts. Those are one of my weak muscles that I never care much about and doing a lot of exercises where I press the weight out in front and hold it there was a wimpy struggle for me. Tomorrow is another full body day too.

Today I got my husband to go out to lunch with me and I picked a diner that we hadn't been to I think since I've been pregnant. I got exactly what I had been craving.

Breakfast: cheese and avocado omelette smothered with queso, buttered sourdough toast with jelly
    Lunch: my husband's delicious especially cold leftover chocolate chip pancake
    Dinner: caesar salad, a pear and a carrot

I started craving crispy and watery food during dinner. I guess that happens when you eat cheese topped with cheese, bread topped with fat and sugar and bread filled with fat and sugar for the rest of the day.

Taking a break out of a frustrating day to update for yesterday.

I was so tired before workout time rolled around that I couldn't keep my eyes open. I might have mentioned before that I have never ever been a napper. Several times this pregnancy I have had to nap and yesterday was one of them. Afterwards I had to go to the grocery store so I didn't get around to getting the workout in at all. I'm about to head off and do it now though.

Breakfast: egg, egg whites, turkey bacon, all bran with granola and milk
    Lunch: spinach salad with goat cheese, cranberries, pecans and a dressing of balsamic, olive oil and dijon, broc**** tots, tortilla
    Dinner: potato skin chips with sour cream, chocolate chip cookies

Such an aggravating day! One of those days where lots of little things keep going wrong from waking up to the end of the day.

I did get all 4 circuits of yesterday's Alexia Clark full body workout in but it was not good. On paper I thought I would love the workout but the last exercise on most of the circuits were awkward combos. Probably because of my pregnancy and equipment modifications.
    I'm also tired of not including any heavy strength training. Watching my muscle mass or pump go down and now starting to struggle with lifting heavier things I normally wouldn't struggle with is bothersome. I need to mash together what I like and works with the lighter more cardio lifting. I do like doing the endurance work though. It took a while to adjust to but now that I'm fit for it I will not stop it.

Breakfast: yogurt with all-bran and chocolate chips
    Lunch: chicken breast, broc****, ww pasta and a disappointing, clumpy, bland homemade cheese sauce
    Dinner: caprese salad with garlic bread, chocolate chip cookies

I need to take my bump photo tomorrow. Week 27 has started! Month 6 is ending. The 3rd trimester is here!!!

Month 6 summary

A doozy of a month. And this is the first month that I really feel pregnant. I'm obviously visibly pregnant, the baby is moving up a storm, moving around is getting harder and I'm very aware that his birth day is going to be coming up soon.

I caught a cold. They say almost all pregnant women do at some point during pregnancy. The immune system is initially lowered in pregnancy so your body doesn't attack the embryo and then around the end of the second trimester the baby starts taking some of the mom's antibodies to help build up his own immune system. So it is a double whammy of a lowered ability to fight off an infection. The cold lasted hard for nearly a week and then lingered for almost another week. I took off exercising for the super sick part.

I also tripped magnificently and bruised the hell out of my foot almost a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't walk on it for a few days and had to take half a week off of exercising. It is still a bit bruised but works fine now.

My belly has been getting a little big. My abs are completely useless. Rolling over and getting up from reclining or laying down got very hard but I've finally figured out how to "gracefully" maneuver it to the point that it feels natural. Mechanics are going to keep changing as we keep growing so I gotta keep up.

I started to feel the baby move at the end of last month and he has been moving so much more when I'm sitting or laying down. Besides kicking I've recently started feeling a rubbing sensation. Like how my abs feel if I do a belly dancing kind of belly roll. It tickles!

I have also started feeling the effects of a weakening pelvic floor. 2x this past week I've leaked. Once completely unaware of it but the other time I felt it.

A lot of food related symptoms disappeared this month. Fat and sugar aversions are gone so it's been open season on dessert now. I haven't been getting shaky if I go awhile without eating. And I can pound down what feels like a big meal without feeling out of breath and needing to recline.

I have been getting hungrier earlier in the day and I have been getting extremely hungry in general. I think it's a 3 parter. Part 1 is simply being further into the pregnancy and needing a bit more calories. Part 2 is an increase in calories burned from switching to 5 days a week of at least an hour of circuit training instead of 3 days a week of 45 mins of heavy lifting with a lot of rest time and a couple days of cardio. Part 3 is probably not getting as full from the denser foods that I'm eating but wanting the same volume to feel full so I eat more.
    It's worked out to where I'm averaging 2600 calories a day! This is a huge increase from the past few months and it is double my cutting calories! DOUBLE. I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this actually being what I need. But I'm eating to hunger and I'm fully enjoying the huge calorie budget after dieting for so long and knowing that when the time comes I still have over 15 pounds of fat left to lose.

Weight has been 5 pounds this month and this past week has started to plateau. Net gain by the end of the 2nd trimester is 15 pounds which is on target.

Like I said I have been doing circuit training this month. Ideally 5x a week but getting sick and getting injured screwed up a couple weeks of that. I'm still really prone to low back pain if I do any lower body exercises with any slightly appreciable weight. I have to keep it very low. My CV and muscular endurance has improved a ton this month. The workouts are challenging but most of the time I don't feel like I'm going to die.

I still haven't been able to set up the nursery because of hurricane Harvey taking my dad's walls and truck and making it impossible for him to get the furniture in the guest room out. It should be within the next few weeks. I really want this done. I'm feeling sad that I haven't been able to start setting up the nursery. I want to start realizing that it's the baby's room and sit in there and imagine him being here.

I also haven't made any plans for a baby shower yet. My husband and I wanted to do the shower a couple months after the baby was born because baby showers without the baby present are painfully boring. But we've been getting a lot of pressure from friends and family who are excited to buy gifts. Some people are so excited for it that they have even started offering to plan the shower. So I think I'm going to have to throw something together soon. I have made very through registries already so that's done at least.

Since I slept through my workout on Thursday I did Thursday's workout yesterday and Friday's workout today. Friday is always called a Challenge Day and differs week to week on the setup. This week was really cool. It was 5 rounds each of 2 circuits that was EMOM style. Starting at 10 reps for the 1st round up to 30 reps for the 5th round. The 4th round was hard and the 5th round was very intense.
    I also did 15 mins of biking afterwards because I wanted to.

Nutrition today was so good. Taste wise and nutrition wise.

Breakfast: lots of spinach with goat cheese, cranberries, pecans, balsamic and olive oil, a tortilla with almond butter and a banana
    Lunch: chicken with mushrooms, peas, rice, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder and sour cream, yogurt with all-bran and chocolate chips
    Dinner: beefy tomato soup with garlic bread, rice cake with nutella

Lunch was amazing and is now going to be in my go-to recipes. I love mushrooms, peas and sour cream and have been looking for an easy way to combine them. I did half this recipe as a serving with water instead of the stock, no cream cheese and full fat sour cream. I also used half a cup of chicken I had already sliced and cooked yesterday and added it when the water and rice went in. https://wearychef.com/sour-cream-chi...killet-recipe/ It would taste just as good using riced cauliflower when cutting.

Dinner was from a blog called mantitlement. I did the version with fire roasted crushed tomatoes and doubled the herbs and pepper. I also used 1 cup broth and 3 cups water. Trying to keep sodium somewhat reasonable.

27 weeks! Such bump, much baby.

Not much going on today. I'm so tired and grateful I wasn't planning on any exercise.

Breakfast: lots of all-bran buds with granola and milk
    Lunch: leftover beefy tomato soup with garlic bread, an apple
    Dinner: ???

Dinner could be anything. I have no idea yet.

The soup was awesome as leftovers. And I added chili flakes. So good.

A bit disappointed today. I was about to do a full body workout but right before I started getting sharp SI pain so I decided against it. Tomorrow is suppose to be an upper body day so I wanted to wait to do that. Alexia's workouts get released the evening before so I didn't have the workout available to do even though I wanted to.

I did decide to bike. I made it 29 minutes at a really good pace before getting a stitch and having to stop. I stubbornly and compulsively did very slowly pedal that last minute to make it an even 30.

Nutrition today was absolutely excellent.

Breakfast: lots of chicken, spinach, pecans, cranberries, goat cheese, balsamic and olive oil
    Lunch: yogurt with chocolate chips and lots of all-bran, a banana with almond butter and a tortilla
    Dinner: leftover beefy tomato soup with garlic bread, milk with strawberry spiru-tein

The spiru-tein was a disappointment. I have memories of liking it so I picked some up last time I was at the store but it wasn't as good as I remembered. Everything else though was so good I could eat this menu for a week straight happily.

I did the upper body workout today. It was one I was really looking forward to and that's a good thing. I had a kind of long day and if I wasn't excited about the workout I probably wouldn't have done it. I did all the circuits except the bonus 5th one because it was a core circuit and I have no core anymore.

Nutrition was pretty good today.

Breakfast: sadly the last of the beefy tomato soup with garlic bread
    Lunch: lots of all-bran buds with pb puffs and milk, an apple
    Dinner: chicken breast, lightly dressed coleslaw, tons of oven sweet potato fries

Wow. So I tried to update last night but as soon as I sat down I triggered the worst SI pain that I've ever had. It was intense and lasted about 20 minutes. Ice and pressure seemed to help.

Earlier I did Alexia's leg day. I did 2 of the circuits and the optional 4th circuit. The one I skipped had RDLs and even with a pathetically light weight like 1/10th of my old working weight it aggravates my SI. The real whopper of a circuit was the one one with "heavy" goblet squats, then high rep goblet squats, then more high rep goblet squats and then high rep air squats. That was my cardio and my quad burner.

Today I am taking a rest day for my own good. I also have quite a bit of free time and I'm going to start working on a routine that incorporates both some heavy isolated lower body lifts and heavy upper body lifts along with the endurance style lifts.

Nutrition yesterday was bad but that's what happens when I eat out and have candy on the same day.

Breakfast: chicken curry, rice, part of a naan
    Lunch: chicken, lightly dressed coleslaw, Hershey's cookies and cream bar
    Dinner: lean beef stroganoff with ww pasta, yogurt with a bit of granola

I fished my chicken out of the creamy curry sauce and even shook off any excess. All the flavor is there but leaving most of the sauce really cuts down on fat. Like I left aabout 1/3-1/2 cup of cream sauce in the dish and that's hundreds of calories and dozens of grams of fat. The candy bar came from deciding to give into some long time cravings at the store the other day when I picked it and a butterfingers up. It was so good. I'm a picky candy bar person and those are two that I love. I guess it's the crunch with the creaminess.

The one pot stroganoff is something I've made before but don't think I've shared in this journal. https://www.tasteandtellblog.com/one...ef-stroganoff/ I cut the oil down from 3 to 2 tbsp and use 96% beef. I also cut the stock in half with water but that change bothers my husband because he spots the lack of sodium and body instantly.

Total rest today was needed and precious. It felt great.

Nutrition was kind of great too.

Breakfast: leftover stroganoff, a pear
    Lunch: yogurt with broken up lemon bar
    Dinner: spinach salad with turkey bacon, feta, garlic, olive oil and balsamic, all-bran buds with granola and milk

I made a small batch of lemon bars yesterday from a blog called dessert for two. I had lemons from the greek potatoes that I never made and shockingly my husband has never had a lemon bar so I made them. I would use the recipe again but either half or third the crust amount.

What a day already. And it's only the afternoon.

I had my first of the 3rd trimester doctor's appointments. Sonogram, 1 hour glucose test and vaccinations.

The good news is that my large fibroid that grew and may have presented a problem for vaginal delivery has stretched out along with my uterus so it's not necessarily a problem and I still have a good shot at not having a c-section. I am relieved that this is still a viable option because I would love to not have to have major surgery obviously.

The not ideal but not necessarily bad news is that he is measuring very slightly small. Really only a week behind. The doctor says it is likely because my husband and I are both small people but she wants to see me weekly now to take some sort of 8 point markers concerning the placenta, amniotic fluid, his internal fluid and some other things. All of them look great now which is why she isn't that concerned.
    She did say the normal recommendations are to sleep on my side (which I do already) and to eat more protein (which I do already). I told her that I already eat an average of over 100g/day and her eyes raised and she told me not to eat more.

She also did comment on my weight. I gained too much last month. I explained that after 5 months of being averse to high fat and sugar I suddenly wasn't and went a bit overboard. I have lowered my calorie intake the past few days back to 2100 and my rate of gain has dropped back to where she recommended.

Today however is going to be a struggle. I didn't have to fast for the 1 hour glucose test but it was hours before when I normally eat breakfast so I did anyway. It was 50g of pure glucose and I got a big sugar high. Then I had to go run an errand and ended up stopping by a burger joint before coming home. By the time I drove up in my driveway I started to feel the crash. I was getting weak and shaky and as soon as I sat down I inhaled that food quicker than I can ever recall eating. I gave myself about 5 minutes to calm down after that but still felt like I needed more so I ate that butterfinger I mentioned I bought to try to boost my blood sugar back up a little.

I still feel a bit off. I don't know if I'm going to workout today or save it until tomorrow. I kind of want to nap. The FriYay challenge this week looks like a ton of fun. It's tempting to do but if I'm going to be sluggish then I'd rather save it until tomorrow.

I rested today to do well tomorrow for the workout.

Breakfast: glucola
    Lunch: small cheeseburger, fries and a butterfinger
    Dinner: venison roast with onion, potatoes, spinach, a lightly creamed broth reduction and french bread, an apple

My husband cooked dinner and it was such a pleasure. It was a perfect fall meal.

Got yesterday's workout in today. It was a fun challenge. Kind of relaxing because the circuits were only supersets and not the normal circuits of 4 exercises so less changing around between weights and exercises. It was 8 circuits that were 6 minutes each and it had me sweating and burning.

Breakfast: eggs, lots of turkey bacon and croissant
    Lunch: huge spinach salad with goat cheese, cranberries, glazed nuts, balsamic and olive oil, yogurt with fiber one and chocolate chips
    Dinner: ??? it's going to just be a snack, maybe popcorn while finishing up Blacklist

Kellogs keeps messing up the production of All-Bran original. It hasn't been on shelves for the past few weeks so I had to settle for fiber one and it's just not as good. I credit getting 50-70g of fiber a day on staying regular despite hormones and shifted organs. Hemorrhoids is not a side effect of pregnancy that I will allow. No!

I asked a friend today if her baby ever measured small because she and her husband are about the size of me and my husband. Her baby did not but she asked around to some of her other friends and a few of them had babies under 20% at birth who then fattened up big time. Up to the 90th percentile! Super chunks. It made me feel better.
    I also looked at the baby weight section in the Exercising Through Your Pregnancy book/study and the babies of exercising women averaged 8 oz less at birth than those of non-exercising women. It is entirely from lower body fat, not bones or organs, and is made up for quickly after birth. Women who also increased their activity during pregnancy had even leaner babies too. Even if they increased to a level below other women. The simple increase was enough. Maybe switching from 4-5 days of heavier lifting and some easy cardio to 4-5 days of aerobics counted as an increase for me? It sounds like the slightly lower weight is in line with us being short and me exercising.
    Last edited by okayest; 10-08-2017 at 08:23 AM.

Here we are at 28 weeks!

I also downloaded a kick tracking app called "Full Term" that also is a contraction counter. I have been meaning to for a while but didn't get around to it until yesterday and then I saw that it was recommended to start at 28 weeks anyway. Serendipitous. To track you take a certain time of day where the baby is active and track how long it takes to feel 10 movements. The time frame is up to 2 hours but this guy got it done in 2 minutes yesterday. The kicks will slow down as the baby gets bigger and has less space but they also will slow down if something is wrong with the baby and that's the point of tracking. If there is an unusual drop in activity then you go see the doctor because it could be a sign that the baby is in danger. My sister lost her first pregnancy in month 7 or 8 due to lack of oxygen from a wrapped cord and the only sign was when the baby had stopped moving entirely. So hopefully tracking has saved other women from that loss.

Well I got a lot done today but exercise wasn’t included. I had a short night’s sleep and two back to back days of busyness so it happened. I’m disappointed because I planned on doing a full body day of heavy lifting. The Alexia Clark routine for today was way too core centric so I was going to finally get in some normal lifting instead.

Yesterday I ate

Lunch: double cheeseburger and 2 fries!
    Dinner: chicken noodle soup, an apple

I regretted inhaling the burger and fries after my glucose test so I went again but was really hungry by that time so I literally doubled down! It wasn’t that nutritious but it was satisfying at least. Kept me full for 9 hours too.

Today I ate

Breakfast: large spinach salad with chicken, cranberries, nuts, goat cheese, balsamic and oil
    Lunch: yogurt with fiber one and chocolate chips
    Dinner: chicken noodle used to be soup now is casserole, an apple, milk with ovaltine

The soup is so good. It’s another recipe from budget bytes. She is my taste bud soulmate. I used 400g of whole wheat pasta instead of the 6 oz of egg noodles and it really soaked up all the liquid overnight. Still very tasty.

Update for yesterday and today. I skipped both workouts. It wasn't a priority either day and my energy is not there. I've been overwhelmed with stress.

My doctor's appointment didn't go well. It still isn't bad but it seems to be getting worse and not better. Now the amniotic fluid is measuring at the threshold of low/normal. I will have to continue the weekly visits with either non-stress tests or sonograms each time. It has gotten me upset on and off. The only thing that seems to possibly be in my control is to stay very hydrated. I'm considering cancelling the Alexia Clark subscription too and going back to non-weight bearing lighter cardio and just a bit of weight lifting.

Yesterday I only ate twice

Breakfast: last of the chicken noodle soup, an orange, yogurt with fiber one and chocolate chips
    Dinner: ww pasta marinara with parmesan, french bread

Today I'm not done but worrying has killed my appetite. Breakfast and lunch were both hours late.

Breakfast: fiber one with cinnamon toast crunch and milk, a banana
    Lunch: that chicken, mushroom, pea, (wild) rice, sour cream skillet meal from the weary chef blog
    Dinner: edited* meatballs with marinara and buttery toasted ciabatta slices

I've really been exploring cereals to mix in with the high fiber cereal so I don't get bored. It's the only thing keeping me regular. Cinnamon toast crunch is a winner. I forgot how good sugar and cinnamon is.
    Last edited by okayest; 10-12-2017 at 10:05 AM.

Rough night. 5 or less hours of sleep. I came to some conclusions while unable to fall asleep. I definitely decided to cancel my workout subscription and do less vigorous activity. And if my amniotic fluid drops below where it is now and into low levels I'll stop activity all together.

This morning started early with getting the guest furniture out of the bedroom and my husband and I were able to set up this cushioned mat and activity gym. I started crying. It feels so good to see the baby's presence in the house and create his space.

I also got test results of my blood work and glucose test back this morning. I am not diabetic, hallelujah! But I am anemic. I don't know my exact level yet because I forgot to ask over the phone but I should see the results later today. My first blood test was just under normal but they told me not to worry and just take my vitamins. I had added an extra over the counter iron pill for a while but stopped because of constipation and feeling like I didn't actually need it. Between my multi, fortified cereal and meat I've been getting 30-40+mg a day so I thought I was covered and so did my doctor. But now they want me to either take a 325mg prescription one or to take an over the counter. This is actually really good news. It could be the cause of low oxygen levels getting to the baby which might cause both the growth issues and low amniotic levels. And if that is the case it's easily treated. I'm very relieved right now.

I did normal lifting today! I took it slow and didn't have a plan other than to find where my strength is at for the lifts I know still feel comfortable. I'd have to look back through my records to see how much my strength has dropped but I feel like it wasn't as much as I expected.

I guessed a weight and went at it. If I could do 15 or more I stopped at 15. And then tried to target what was right for 12 reps. I didn't find that weight for leg extensions or upright rows. I did enough sets of leg extensions before finding my 15 rep max and I didn't want to switch from DBs to BB rows. But now as I type this I realize that the 25# plates with the holes in them would have been perfect for upright rows. Next time.

Leg Extension 25#x15 / 35#x15 / 45#x15 / 55#x15
    ssw/
    Overhead Press (1st with DB then Behind the Neck BB press) 15#sx15 / 20#sx8 / 35#x12 / 35#x12

Leg Curl 25 x12 / 25#x12 / 25#x12
    ssw/
    TRX Row (adjusted angle after 1st set) 15/12/12

Guillotine Press 35#x15 / 40#x15 / 45#x12
    ssw/
    Upright Row 20#sx15/ 21.25#sx15 / 21.25#sx15

Breakfast: large spinach salad with chicken, dried cranberries, goat cheese, nuts, balsamic and olive oil
    Lunch: fiber one with cinnamon toast crunch and milk
    Dinner: 2 lean burgers on ww buns with mustard, pickles, onions and tomato, potato chips, a big honeycrisp apple

I started to take my old iron supplement today but my prescription will be ready tomorrow. I know fortified cereal and milk has high amounts of iron and calcium which isn't great for iron absorption but I'll try with my other meals to keep them separated. The supplement at least is suppose to be taken 2 hours after/1 hour before meals and not with caffeinated drinks so a lot should get absorbed. Hopefully it doesn't make me constipated again but I'll gladly be constipated for 3 months if it helps.
    Last edited by okayest; 10-12-2017 at 06:34 PM.

Good day. No exercise. Food wasn't great. I need to get more potassium and more vitamin C. I'm consistently low on those things even though I get C from vitamins. Basically this means I will eat more potatoes. Lol and not always french fries.

Breakfast: 2 lean burgers with pickles, onion and BBQ sauce
    Lunch: fiber one with cinnamon toast crunch and milk
    Dinner: split a popcorn shrimp appetizer, a large salmon and crab cake with mixed greens and tomato salad

I biked today. 9 miles in 40 minutes. I would have kept going but my diva dog insists on a very strict dinnertime and interrupted me.

Today is the first day in like a week that I've had an low back pain at all. It was before biking and it was only once. Another reason laying off even the light squats and dls is a good idea.

Nutrition was pretty great but fiber was low. It's annoying having extra high amounts of several nutrients to try to hit.

Breakfast: lean burger on ww bun with ketchup, mustard, pickles, onion and tomato, potatoes sauteed in butter
    Lunch: large spinach salad with chicken, cranberries, goat cheese, nuts, balsamic and olive oil, a Butterfinger
    Dinner: guacamole and chips, an apple

29 weeks! For an entire day I thought I was turning 30 weeks and was so excited to be in the 30s but I was getting ahead of myself. Only 1 more week in the 20s.

Last night I had terrible hip pain in my right hip. I never get hip pain there and it felt like the sharp, sudden SI pain I've been getting. I guess it's a combo of relaxin and sleeping on my side. Pre-pregnancy I was strictly a back sleeper so my shoulders and hips are not used to the pressure of spending all night on them. Oh well 11 more weeks and then it's back to normal. Except I guess I won't be sleeping much so it doesn't matter which position I'm in.

It's Tuesday night and I haven't updated since Sunday. It's been a long 3 days.

Sunday we ran errands and then I spent the entire evening and night putting together nursery furniture. It wasn't good for my back because that night in bed I ended up in excruciating pain. I couldn't move positions or even get up to pee. So I ended up waking up a couple of hours early because I really needed to pee at that point and had to slowly and carefully move to do so. Which brings me to Monday. I was tired from the lack of sleep and in pain so I didn't workout. That was fine though because I had tons of work to do. So much work that as soon as I woke up this morning I started working and worked a bit late so I didn't work out again. It was a frustrating project too with very little direction that ended up having to be redone. When I feel that frustrated with work my go to remedy when I'm done is a very long shower and lots of grooming until I feel fresh and beautiful.

I want to work out badly though. It might be the thing next on my list that heals a frustrating day. So tomorrow I will find the time.

I definitely have energy to work out lately. I think my iron supplements have already given me energy that I've gone over a decade missing. I had low iron since my early 20s but not low enough to be diagnosed anemic. Now that I'm getting over 1000% of the RDA I finally don't feel like I have a small finite amount of energy that has to be rationed and conserved. My NEAT has been going up. I'm doing so many little things all day long that normally I wouldn't because I know it would all add up and suck up the energy I needed for higher priority things. So this has been another really great discovery thanks to pregnancy. The other is realizing how wonderful I feel without my usual hormone cycle. I talked to my doctor months ago about getting that straightened out postpartum because I don't want to go back to that terrible roller coaster.

I don't think I'll find out this week at the doctor if the iron is helping him grow. I'm just having a non-stress test. Maybe next week they'll do another sonogram.

Nutrition the past three days has been pretty good. I don't think I feel like typing it all out so here's today only. No breakfast because too much work.

Lunch: sauteed split chicken breast on ww bun with mayo and tomato slice, pan fried potatoes in butter
    Iron supplement time: 1 can of pineapple juice
    Dinner: guacamole with chips, leftover seed bread rolls, yogurt with chocolate chips
    Snack: a pear

It's best to take the iron with vitamin C so I'm finally using up these cans of juice that have been chilling in my fridge since early summer. The seed bread I picked up from the bakery for dinner last night. It has been my favorite for a decade. I have a copycat recipe and really need to make it more often. I forget how much I love it until I buy it and devour half a loaf in a sitting. All those seeds just feel so wholesome and the crunchy texture is great too. It's this bread with the changes mentioned in the top review.http://allrecipes.com/recipe/142061/seeduction-bread/

The ingredients are the same, but I changed the measurements and made one substitution. - 1 teaspoon of molasses NOT 2 tablespoons, the bread is way too dark with the original amount and made the crust a bit bitter. - Increase the honey to 4 tablespoons - Increase pumpkin, sunflower, and millet seeds to 4 tablespoons each - Increase the gluten to 2 tablespoons, this really firmed up the bread and made it less "cakey" - I also substituted the 3 tablespoons of malted barley flour with Bob's Red Mill 10 grain cereal.

An entire loaf made that way is
    1883 calories
    90g fat
    473g carbs
    104g protein

Has over an entire day's worth of all the B vitamins (except B12), Folate, Vitamin E, all minerals, fiber, Omega-3 and Omega-6. And half a day's worth of calcium and potassium.

Hah! I could almost live on a loaf a day.

I lifted today and it felt great. I didn't push anything for extra weight today and stuck with my numbers from last time. I also did what I did last time because I haven't had much time to plan anything else.

Leg Extension 55# x 15 x 2 / 60# x 15
    ssw/
    Overhead Press 35# x 12 x 3

Leg Curl 25# x 12 x 3
    ssw/
    TRX Row 12 x 3

Upright Row 21.25#s x 12 x 3
    ssw/
    Guillotine Press 45# x 12 x3

Lunch: fried chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato, extra pickles and jalapeno mayo, french fries
    Iron supplement: can of pineapple juice
    Dinner: spinach salad with goat cheese, cranberries, nuts, balsamic and olive oil, all-bran buds with granola and milk, a pear

I spent breakfast at the dermatologist so I skipped it. I did look at the current Cooking Light magazine while in the waiting room and plan on picking it up at the store tomorrow. It lured me in with sections on soups and spicy slow cooker recipes. I'm going to pick up enough stuff to make a few soups. Maybe beef stew. I'm really feeling the cooler weather.

Currently I am experiencing round ligament pain. It is terrible and for almost two hours any time I stand it feels like a bad side stitch. The pain is mild while sitting. Watching my belly go crazy with his squirming is taking my mind of it. Before pregnancy I thought that kind of movement is freaky to see and probably more freaky to feel but it's actually adorable because I know what position he's in so depending on where the movement is happening and how it looks I can picture what's going on in there.
    My husband and I are starting to realize that it won't be much longer before he's actually here as his own person that we can watch and hold. I guess it's because he is getting so big and active. It's really an exciting time. This past week the nursery has started to be decorated too and that's helping making his arrival feel so close. We're starting to anticipate having him in the house on a whole nother level.

Oh yeah and I'm starting to be able to shelf things on my stomach when sitting down. A milestone that deserves some sort of bowl of popcorn or plate of cookies to honor it.

Wow, what a day! I went in at 11 for my normal OBGYN appointment for the non-stress test but got sent to the hospital for observation until 6.

I'm so grateful that my husband was with me because I had been telling him he could skip this appointment, it was only going to be sitting in a small room for 20 minutes and he wouldn't be missing out on anything. After 20 minutes my doctor didn't like the range of his heart rate and told me I had to go to the hospital I was so scared that something was wrong. But after a few hours in the hospital we had an ultrasound that was very thorough and the technician was sharing all the information with us. His head and abdomen are actually measuring several days ahead, it's his femur that is measuring a week behind. That was a relief. I'm 5'1 and my husband is 5'8 so a short kid is expected. And when those measurements are used in the model his growth percentile is back into normal! And the other great news is that his amniotic fluid has improved too! And the extended monitoring showed nothing abnormal. So we actually left the hospital feeling the best we have in the past couple of weeks.

To our surprise the hospital ultrasound was also able to generate the 3D and 4D images. WE GOT TO SEE HIS FACE! He is so sweet and beautiful and peaceful that we started crying. It really turned into a great day.

The worst thing that happened today was having breakfast and lunch in the hospital. Gross.

Breakfast: tiny thing of apple juice concentrate and graham crackers
    Lunch: a meatloaf so pale and lumpy I thought that they sent up chicken fried steak, potatoes, broc**** and a chocolate chip cookie
    Dinner: ww pasta, marinara and parmesan, an apple

Good day. I would’ve liked to bike but I didn’t find the time. I worked until my friend showed up to go out to dinner.

Breakfast: all-bran buds with Cinnamon Toast Crunch and milk
    Lunch: half chicken breaststroke on ww bun with mayo and sriracha, potatoes in canola oil
    Dinner: chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and white gravy

I need to go to the grocery store. This has been such a busy week. Even tomorrow on Saturday I’m working and have a workshop to go to. I don’t know if I’ll make the time to lift.

It is 8 o'clock and I'm in my pajamas, face washed and teeth brushed. I'm wiped out. Definitely no time for exercise. I worked until I went to the workshop and then swung by the grocery store for major shopping. Tomorrow I should have time to lift.

Breakfast: sweet potato with butter, brown sugar, marshmallows and pecans, greek yogurt with chocolate chips
    Snack at the workshop: cheddar cheese and chocolate
    Dinner: grocery store cooked sushi, a piece of dark chocolate and toffee

Hmm chocolate in every meal without even trying.

I recorded my water intake yesterday out of curiosity because it's extremely important for me to stay hydrated now. And with the conscious effort of not letting myself get to the point of realizing I'm thirsty I drank 1.5 gallons. I'll probably never track water again but it was cool to see exactly what I take in. I would guessed I drank a bit more than 2 liters but really it's triple that!

I finally got my blood test and glucose results on my patient portal. I'm going to have a talk with my doctor. While I have all the typical markers of anemia my red blood cell volume is larger than normal and that's typically not iron-deficiency anemia. So I'm going to request having my B-12 and folate levels tested.
    I also noticed that my hypoglycemia has gotten a little worse. My carb consumption has also almost tripled since getting pregnant and my vegetable consumption has done the opposite. I suppose I've been a bit irresponsible and share the blame for my levels going screwy.

We did turn 30 weeks today! I took a picture but haven't gotten around to uploading it. I am starting to feel really wide from the side and it's definitely easy to visualize a nearly full grown baby in there. I took my measurement for the belly bandit bff just now because the sizing recommendations only work at 30 weeks onward. I've grown 8-9"! And I learned last night while reading The Birth Partner that the position he's been in is actually perfect for delivery. Head down and slightly facing left and backward. I thought the left facing-ness was a problem and he should be fully facing back but that is not the case. Hopefully he can stay like that for the next 10 weeks and then just whoosh right out

Still. Working. This project has been taking up all my time for the past 4 days. I did not get around to exercising yesterday and honestly will not today. I'm hoping to get this project done with by the end of the day or tomorrow morning.

Nutrition yesterday was meh. Today it has been better but I've only had breakfast.

Breakfast: two ff refried bean burritos, roasted peanuts
    Lunch: chicken tortellini with parmesan, a banana with almond butter
    Dinner: broc****, yogurt with all-bran and chocolate chips, an apple, cookies!

I woke up instantly craving bean burritos and then when I was done peanuts weirdly sounded perfect. Strange.

Meals today were excellent.

Breakfast: quick hash with frozen potatoes, frozen bell peppers, onion, butter and 2 eggs, a banana with almond butter
    Lunch: all-bran buds with cinnamon toast crunch and milk
    Dinner: modified loaded broc**** potato soup, cookies

I'm happy I made time for the soup even if it made dinner really late. All of my meals today were late because of working so it's not like I was hungry, only tired. It was a delicious soup and it made a huge volume. Each serving is 5 ladles worth and most the soups I make are only 3. I used this recipe but un-midwestified it (cut down the dairy fat). https://lilluna.com/loaded-broc****-...d-potato-soup/

These are the amounts I used for the things I changed.

200g carrots
    850g skin on yellow potatoes
    400g broc**** florets
    40g flour
    750g skim milk
    227g cheddar cheese
    8oz turkey bacon

I made it 4 servings and it came out to 690 calories 31g fat, 65g carbs, 40g of protein. Over 40% of the RDA of all vitamins and minerals except for D, E and iron. And 10g of fiber.

Will definitely make this often when craving a filling soup.

And a word about turkey bacon. I always buy the Applegate Farms' turkey bacon and it is amazing. One day I ended up at an Ihop and had turkey bacon there and it was pitiful. I think turkey bacon is hated because of the kind served at Ihop. Shame it's gotten such a bad rap because good turkey bacon is very much like Canadian bacon.

I finally got that project out yesterday and made time to workout. I did lower body and biking. I had to be careful of what I did because the same type of sharp, shooting pain in my SI is now in my left hip. It got bad enough yesterday evening that I could barely walk and instead could just shuffle my feet. I told my husband that I'm not going to be a waddling pregnant woman but rather a limping one.

I'm already feeling quite ready for pregnancy to be over because now I'm so big and have racked up so many changes to normal daily activites and body that I feel way too restricted. It's good that month 7 is almost over and I only have 2 more to go. They say this is about the time a lot of women are ready to be done.
    I'm even looking forward to labor now! I've been reading up on labor and my options or issues that might come up. I'm pumped about early and active labor because a lot of the techniques of focus and discomfort management I've learned and practiced since an early age because of sports. I feel confident in my ability to handle the physical demands of contractions at least. And I started looking into medicinal pain management and am happy there are many options that still allow for movement and sensation. Not being able to use my legs for hours and not feeling when to push are two things I really want to avoid because they seem so damn valuable to retain.
    I guess this is the good part of the final stretch. These next 2 months are going to be useful for preparing for his birthday and what comes after. We have signed up for a few classes. Infant CPR, breastfeeding and infant care. Amazingly neither my husband nor I have ever changed a single diaper, fed or burped a baby, bathed one, etc. Lol we are going to be an amusing disaster for a few months.

Back to yesterday's workout. I did lower body and cardio

Single leg Leg Curls + Double leg ones 10# x 15singles x 15doubles / 10# x 12singles x 15doubles x 2
    ssw/
    Kneeling band Hip Thrusts blue+green band x 20 / blue+green+purple+black x 20 x 2

Leg Extensions 60# x 15 x 3
    ssw/
    Mini band Donkey Kicks peach(28-44#) x 20 / peach x 20 / peach + yellow (13-21#) x 20

And then 30 mins of biking. 7 miles.

Food. OMG. I woke up after 5 hours of sleep super hungry. So I got up and had a snack. I don't know if eating so early led to what followed or if I didn't eat nearly enough the day before but I ended up at 3400 calories! It would have been 3000 but I said F* it what's a few hundred more at this point and went for cookies.

Snack: banana with almond butter and tortilla
    Breakfast: yogurt with all-bran and chocolate chips
    Lunch: ww pasta salad with spinach, sundried tomatoes, feta, chicken, garlic, dijon, balsamic and olive oil, an apple
    Dinner: leftover loaded broc**** potato soup, a cookie
    Snack: genesis bread, all-bran buds with cinnamon toast crunch and milk, cookies

I made the lunch salad from Budget Bytes but it's volume was half of what I wanted. It was really good so I'll probably make it again today but cut out the pasta and double the spinach and feta. https://www.budgetbytes.com/2017/05/...c-vinaigrette/
    Last edited by okayest; 10-25-2017 at 09:09 AM.