Registered User Mattywilson2001's Avatar
    Mattywilson2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Can someone give me abit of advice!!

Hi I've just started going the gym and have decided I want to gain weight I'm 5"10 and I weight about 11stone 10 would someone please tell me the best way to track my macros and how much I need to have of what to make gains

masterg20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) masterg20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) masterg20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) masterg20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) masterg20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) masterg20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) masterg20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) masterg20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) masterg20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) masterg20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) masterg20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mattywilson2001 View Post
    Hi I've just started going the gym and have decided I want to gain weight I'm 5"10 and I weight about 11stone 10 would someone please tell me the best way to track my macros and how much I need to have of what to make gains
    MyFitnessPal has a macro tracker with a database of food which makes it easier for tracking macros.

As for what to do to make gains, lift and read the nutritional information found in the nutrition section:

Estimating your calories:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

New lifter nutritional info:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=136691851

sschantz is just really nice. (+1000) sschantz is just really nice. (+1000) sschantz is just really nice. (+1000) sschantz is just really nice. (+1000) sschantz is just really nice. (+1000) sschantz is just really nice. (+1000) sschantz is just really nice. (+1000) sschantz is just really nice. (+1000) sschantz is just really nice. (+1000) sschantz is just really nice. (+1000) sschantz is just really nice. (+1000)
    just my opinion but if you are trying to gain weight, perhaps worry about getting in good quality foods and make sure you are eating more than expending...
    Currently seeking new rep opportunities with an entrepreneurial company that encourages creativty.

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Use a phone app like MyFitnessPal to track calories and macros. Nobody here can really give you a starting point. Head to the Nutrition section and read the stickies to determine your maintenance and you can adjust it into a calorie surplus for gaining weight. It's only an online calculator, so you may need to do some adjusting after monitoring your progress over the course of 2-3 weeks.
    Progressive overload + progressive eating = gains. Simple as that!

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit the nutrition section which has been mentioned.

You can use calculator.net to get a starting point for your calories.

I would recommend using My Macros + for a macro tracking app.
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441

TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    As others have said you can use an app such as myfitnesspal. First find a TDEE calculator. Calculate your TDEE and add 300-500 calories to that number. That will be the number of calories you need to consume daily in order to gain weight. This is called a caloric surplus. Most TDEE calculators will also give you a breakdown of your macros too so you know how much protein, carbs and fat to consume daily as well.
    Instagram - beyond__fitness__

Registered User FormulaLT1poweR's Avatar
    FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Another vote for MyFitnessPal.

Its very easy to use, and you can even scan the barcodes of the foods you are eating.

At 15, Eat + Sleep + Train!

Pandarling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pandarling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pandarling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pandarling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pandarling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pandarling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pandarling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pandarling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pandarling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pandarling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pandarling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know the feeling of being skinny at the height of 5'10. I also have a problem getting weight since my high school days. Some told me to go to gym to gain weight, but first of all did you try to consult to a doctor about your concern? have you taken any food supplement to help you gain weight? did they work? how often or how big do you eat.
    FullExtend

bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tracking macronutrients requires a decent level of detail to even be close to accurate.

For example, there are margins of error in total daily energy expenditure (TDEE) calculations, margins of error of physical activity multipliers and margins of error based on factors that people often overlook like non-exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT).

If you want the simplest way to do it, use your current food intake relative to what your body weight is doing.

For example, if you work out your caloric intake and believe you are eating 3000 calories per day (take an average from the course of a week) and your weight is staying the same, you know you are eating around maintenance levels. Therefore you can increase your food intake a bit and be in a surplus.
    PEScience Representative
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/physique-enhancing-science.html

www.********.com/bencarpenterpersonaltraining
    www.instagram.com/bdccarpenter
    www.youtube.com/bcpersonaltraining
    www.twitter.com/bdccarpenter