dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000)

Real "squat ass" problem + a cautionary tale

This is not a "how can I get a bigger booty so more men wouldn't miss it". I don't care about that.

I have a problem with where my glutes are meeting/connecting into my femur; there is a LOT of pain at times. I have made a mess of myself a couple of months ago by watching Alan Thrall videos about ATG squats and got into that; and I was doing extensive squat workouts in order to power up for the mountaineering season (120-150 reps per workout, with 20, 15, 10 and 8 reps per set. There was a lot of sets.). Later, Alan posted a video saying he was wrong and his squat form videos are actually a result of poor judgement, but it came too late for me. (I don't blame Alan. I'm just saying: if you're following this guy, or considering ATG squats, check out his latest squat videos first).

Going so low and bouncing at the bottom (as recommended by Alan) really must've stretched out my glutes in a bad way; and I still get pains there when I run, the day after I mountaineered etc. It doesn't hurt during squats (I went back to my original, good form) but bending fiorward all the way, straight-legged deads and similar stuff are a literal pain - the bad kind of pain. It's not so bad that I can't work out or mountaineer, but I have some tougher mountains coming up and I'd REALLY love if you ppl could recommend some stretches or corrective exercises to help me at least ease this issue.

dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000) dyvokoza is just really nice. (+1000)
    -Aw come on... 153 views and nobody hurt their glutes squatting?
    I must be a total moron -.-

WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Have you been to see anybody about it? A sports therapist?

Nobody here can really give you advice when they don't know exactly what the issue is.

I would recommend getting a sports massage, they will be able to better diagnose the problem.

Just as an example, I hurt my glute once, and it was actually due to my lats being tight.

I... have a thing about massages: I HATE when people touch me, lol! XD

I know you're right, and if this doesn't clear out soon I'll have no choice but to see a doc. Currently I'm down on funds, that's why I'm wandering about in forums instead of seeing a pro right off :-/

Live long and make gainz McNeelz's Avatar
    McNeelz is just really nice. (+1000) McNeelz is just really nice. (+1000) McNeelz is just really nice. (+1000) McNeelz is just really nice. (+1000) McNeelz is just really nice. (+1000) McNeelz is just really nice. (+1000) McNeelz is just really nice. (+1000) McNeelz is just really nice. (+1000) McNeelz is just really nice. (+1000) McNeelz is just really nice. (+1000) McNeelz is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think I kind of know what type of pain you're talking about since my muscles get really tight in the same area, and I really notice it after catching heavy squat cleans in a pretty low squat.

It really helps me to sit on a lacrosse ball for several minutes, then move it to a different spot for a few minutes until I've done several movements of the lacrosse ball on each side. If you put one in your car or bring one with you to work (if you sit a lot at work), it's pretty easy to get it in during the day.
    IG: amygainz

Squat: 210, Bench: 165, Deadlift: 330

I tried a similar thing with foam rolling and it helped. Thanks a million!

AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dyvokoza View Post
    I tried a similar thing with foam rolling and it helped. Thanks a million!
    I've found using an Acumobility ball or lacrosse ball to really work my trigger points has worked WONDERS for those super painful spots! I'm terrible about mobility and taking care of muscle soreness/tightness so I tell myself that a little bit each day is better than a lot on a few random days and that has helped me keep on top of it