Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Those days happen and doesn't always make sense. I can have a low day and feel meh the next or have a high day and feel not fluffy, but it can go the other way around too. It all varies on random things it feels like. I tried to watch the anime show deathnote but only made it through the first episode. It was fine until the very end when he spouts off his reasons for accepting the deathnote. Did not make me want to keep watching. Good intentions at first but then goes off track for me as I usually prefer to like the main character or need something to keep me going and didn't get that. Though it was only one episode so maybe it gets better. I prefer Black Butler. *shrugs*
    (It gets better!!)
    (or maybe i'm just too bored hahaha. my bf watched it 4 times, also my first ex was obsessed with it, and most of my friends watched it when it came out. So maybe from there I had my prejudiced interest.)
    5'6 140lbs
    1rm:
    220/95/250 (Nov 2017)
    240/115/285 (March 2018)

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174268291

jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mavd View Post
    I think they're on par, maybe a little thinner material but not see through, with my UA. Very compressing, which I like. 3/4 length but on the long side. Definitely don't feel like I'll rip them, but I've never ripped any leggings while lifting (I split a cute ebay pair at yoga once lmao)

I do 90% of my food shopping at Cost Co. Oats, chicken, salmon patties, turkey burger, protein shakes, whey protein, almond milk, greek yogurt, rice.... Ugh I sound like such a bro lol.
    Nice, do you get the frozen stuff or the fresh meats? I think I didn't like some frozen tilapia (pre-flavored) and ever since then stopped buying meats from there, although it's so much cheaper to buy in bulk.

my grocery list is usually: chicken/turkey, tilapia/salmon, oikos, bananas, broc****/kale, rice/pasta.... pretty bro too lol
    5'6 140lbs
    1rm:
    220/95/250 (Nov 2017)
    240/115/285 (March 2018)

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jessswooo View Post
    Nice, do you get the frozen stuff or the fresh meats? I think I didn't like some frozen tilapia (pre-flavored) and ever since then stopped buying meats from there, although it's so much cheaper to buy in bulk.

my grocery list is usually: chicken/turkey, tilapia/salmon, oikos, bananas, broc****/kale, rice/pasta.... pretty bro too lol
    Chicken, salmon fillets, and turkey I buy fresh. The salmon patties I buy there are frozen, they're just my go-to for something quick on days I'm feeling lazy. Pan fry from frozen in 10 min, slap on some spicy hummus, and eat up. I don't eat tilapia, it's a genetically modified bottom feeder and tastes like it! I'm not all that into "all natural/non-GMO/etc" but to get all the benefits of fish (omegas) you have to spend some $$.
    Instagram: @doctorv17

Chicken, salmon fillets, and turkey I buy fresh. The salmon patties I buy there are frozen, they're just my go-to for something quick on days I'm feeling lazy. Pan fry from frozen in 10 min, slap on some spicy hummus, and eat up. I don't eat tilapia, it's a genetically modified bottom feeder and tastes like it! I'm not all that into "all natural/non-GMO/etc" but to get all the benefits of fish (omegas) you have to spend some $$.
    Omg is it really (genetically modified bottom feeder?) ok maybe i'll tell my bf and we'll stop getting it. It is much cheaper than salmon lol. ahhhhhhh im so sad now
    5'6 140lbs
    1rm:
    220/95/250 (Nov 2017)
    240/115/285 (March 2018)

aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Omg is it really (genetically modified bottom feeder?) ok maybe i'll tell my bf and we'll stop getting it. It is much cheaper than salmon lol. ahhhhhhh im so sad now
    Yes, pretty much. The reason its so cheap is that it's very easily farmed (at least then it's not eating hippo crap like it does in the wild). I kind of see it as a chicken alternative: it becomes how you cook it.
    "Never avoid opportunities. They may come in any form." - Carl Allen, Yes Man
    NASM CPT and NPC Bikini Competitor

junkfoodfittie.wordpress.com
    My Journal:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172513881
    FB/Instagram/Twitter: @jcooliegirl

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by aquamarine84 View Post
    Yes, pretty much. The reason its so cheap is that it's very easily farmed (at least then it's not eating hippo crap like it does in the wild). I kind of see it as a chicken alternative: it becomes how you cook it.
    Yes. The problem with farmed fish though, is that the Omega-3s that people need to get from them come from what the fish eat. Farmed fish rarely, if ever, get the right diet to actually produce the omega-3 fatty acid, therefore eating them is just a way to get protein (and a fattier protein, at that).

And since I'm preaching, taking a fish oil isn't all that great either. There's been a decent amount of research that shows most pill-form omega's are absorbed properly and you get only a small percentage of the "dose" you see on the bottle.

Moral of the story -- if you're trying to get the joint and health benefits of omegas, buy fish caught from nature. But then you have to worry more about mercury levels...... so yeah.

Moral of the story -- if you're trying to get the joint and health benefits of omegas, buy fish caught from nature. But then you have to worry more about mercury levels...... so yeah.
    Ayy thanks for the info!! So... Salmon is the way to go? Ok. And so it should be the wild caught salmon. Gotta readjust my grocery budget now......
    5'6 140lbs
    1rm:
    220/95/250 (Nov 2017)
    240/115/285 (March 2018)

push day deload UGH

https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/re...ng-women.html/

not sure if i can paste links here yet but just throwing it in. it's an interesting website, i dont know the author/owner of the site, but info is good, seems like he has books to sell, but the free info is out there, he explains the science well, almost sounds like he's holding a grudge, but good

Push day- deload
    - bench warm up 45-65lbs, working set 70-75-70 3x4
    - incline machine press 10lb plates 4x10
    - cable flyes 7.5lbs 3x10
    - OHP raw bar 3x5
    - lateral raises 1x15 5lb plates
    - rear delt flyes 2x12 2.5lb plates
    - tricep rope push downs 17.5-22.5kgs 3x10

super light workout, both volume and intensity, my hair didn't even get messy. can't wait for this deload cycle to be over so i can train like normal. doesn't feel so good when i keep eating the same or even more food but doing less work. def bulking lol.

Also i literally have to tell myself that we (me and my bf) have busy lives and limited resource so we simply cannot travel much. I get this envious feeling whenever i see a friends couple who travel everywhere. They have time and money. It's not that we don't have that passion for each other to travel together, it's the outside factors that don't allow us to do the same. Like, it's not so hard to understand, but my emotions accumulate so fast and so automatically, sometimes it gets out of control and gives me really bad feelings (and then i'll blame it on my bf for not setting out time and saving money to travel with me, without considering how i'm just the same). Idk when i'll be able to grow out of it. I've been going to therapy for 8months by now. Still getting the same kinda **** from myself.
    5'6 140lbs
    1rm:
    220/95/250 (Nov 2017)
    240/115/285 (March 2018)

Ayy thanks for the info!! So... Salmon is the way to go? Ok. And so it should be the wild caught salmon. Gotta readjust my grocery budget now......
    Doesn't have to be salmon. Cod and mackerel are good options. Mahi mahi and tuna are also decent options omega-3 wise but not as environmentally friendly to eat nature-caught (overfished) and I think tuna is highest in mercury. I just gravitate to salmon because the price point is right and I can convince my bf to consume it on occasion (he eats like a 12 year old).

Doesn't have to be salmon. Cod and mackerel are good options. Mahi mahi and tuna are also decent options omega-3 wise but not as environmentally friendly to eat nature-caught (overfished) and I think tuna is highest in mercury. I just gravitate to salmon because the price point is right and I can convince my bf to consume it on occasion (he eats like a 12 year old).
    Ok this is some golden advice. Will be opting for the species you mentioned next time i look at the fish section. I love salmon lol I eat the skin too when it's baked. my bf would bake like 5 salmon pieces at a time and i'll eat 3 skins of them. mass omega-3 intake.
    5'6 140lbs
    1rm:
    220/95/250 (Nov 2017)
    240/115/285 (March 2018)

pull day deload + more fronty front squats!

I'm so happy right now it feels funny, bc i'm happy just bc i did more front squats! amazing how good it makes me feel, despite that my pull day deload was sooo ridiculously light volume.

pull day deload
    - DL 95lbs, 135lbs 3x5 (paying much attention to the shoulder squeeze)
    - front squats practicing form raw bar
    - some pull up from under the bar (what is this called) 3x5
    - drag rows (?? is this called drag rows) 3x10 115lbs
    - pull downs 22.5kgs 3x10
    - MORE FRONT SQUATS 45lbs-95lbs 5x5 feel so good omg
    - 3 practice front racks (almost hit myself in the neck)
    - barbell curls 45lbs 3x5

Food: oikos, banana, 2 scoops whey, ONE POWER CRUNCH BAR, probably pizza for lunch, HOTPOT W ROOMIE tonight. im so excited.

here's my front squat form: https://www.instagram.com/p/BYyShZRnFWO/?hl=en
    5'6 140lbs
    1rm:
    220/95/250 (Nov 2017)
    240/115/285 (March 2018)

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Woot for front squats. It took a little time to get used to them but now, when I do them I do like it even if my hand hurts a little at times from them.

ooo hotpot
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

got sick from drinking at hotpot

took ~20shots of soju and 5 shots of tequila in 4hrs. threw up afterwards 5 times and 4 more times the next morning. bile was coming out. stomach doesn't feel good since then, basically not really digesting any food. i feel lethargic and congested now.

however, still pushed hard on leg day, bc i was much excited about more front squats (lol silly me). also back squats hit a new PR in 3s
    leg day
    - squats warm up 45, 115, 145, 155, 160 lbsx5, working set 165 2x3, 170 2x3
    - front squats warm up, working set 95lbs 4x8
    - leg press 6 plates 3x10
    - leg curls 70-80lbs 4x7
    - glute kick backs 18kgs 4x10 superset abductors 140lbs 3x12
    - ab circuit x3 - weighted leg raises x20 + decline crunches x15
    - stretch

push day
    - flat dumbbell press 25-30lbs 5x5
    - cable flyes 10lbs 3x10
    - seated shoulder press 20lbs 4x10
    - front raises 7.5-10lbs 4x10
    - lateral raises 10lbs 4x12
    - tricep overhead extensions 17.5lbs 3x10
    - tricep rope push downs 12.5lbs 2x10
    - HIIT circuit x3: high knee x25 + jumping squats x10
    - stretch

at this point i'm so tired and weak and mentally broken down. work out is fine, getting ready is fine, work is fine, i just have a lot on my mind. I promised my roommate a week ago that on sunday i'll go home to hand the new roommate the key, bc the other roommate is busy. and we had to go biking in Venice beach bc the coupon we got would expire after this weekend. so sunday morning we kinda rushed to get biking done and rushed back home by noon only to find out that the new roommate already moved in on saturday night. so i had a huge issue with my roommate for not telling me that she had already given him the key, without telling me, and I had to rush and plan things all around this noon time. I called her and complained and cried and told her that she doesn't respect me enough and doesn't know that i actually try really hard to keep my promises.

i know this triggers so much emotions in me bc i hate it when ppl forget about me or what i have to do. i simply HATE IT. i plan my life around other ppl's plans and a lot of times i find myself neglected, while i never forget what other ppl have to do. I always make myself available for ppl around me, and i dont get the same kind of caring back. i'll talk to my therapist about this but she surely has already become aware of this.

and then last night the new roommate texted to ask if i have any bandaid. i don't know him yet (i've only met him for like 1min total), and i don't trust him much. i hate to think that he might get into my room to look for a bandaid but part of me is trying to think that's not the case. he wouldn't just get into someone else's room like that. right? a regular person would not do that. before i develop any perception of him i'll just assume that he is a regular person.

had a venti latte in the morning and then full scoop of pre-workout in the afternoon, so couldn't sleep well last night. ugh i'm dying right now.

anyway. no more caffeine for today. thinking to get a salad to help with digestion for lunch. dinner might be leftover hotpot food.
    5'6 140lbs
    1rm:
    220/95/250 (Nov 2017)
    240/115/285 (March 2018)

pull day - new PR in 3s

pull day (back from deload)
    - deadlifts warm up: bar, 135lbsx5, 155lbsx5, 185lbsx4, working set 205lbs 2x3, 200lbs 2x3, 195lbs 1x3 (bf insisted that i take off some weight bc my back started arching during last reps)
    - seated rows 4x10 2x45lb plates
    - pull downs regular grip 4x12 35kgs-27.5kgs dropset 4x12
    - reverse pull up (inverted row) 4x5
    - dumbbell single arm bent over rows 3x10 30lbs
    - bicep curls 3x10 15lbs dbs
    - hammer curls 2x10 15lbs dbs

kinda tempted to buy a hybrid performance training program. they have weightlifting+powerlifting+bodybuilding training, which is exactly what I want. I dont want to just keep bulking to up my powerlifts. i want to look good too lol. and i want to be able to do cool things like clean and jerk and snatch.

SUBMITTING PAPER IN 30MIN + WATCHING DAT APPLE EVENT STREAM
    Last edited by jessswooo; 09-12-2017 at 10:38 AM.
    5'6 140lbs
    1rm:
    220/95/250 (Nov 2017)
    240/115/285 (March 2018)

write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    pull day (back from deload)
    - deadlifts warm up: bar, 135lbsx5, 155lbsx5, 185lbsx4, working set 205lbs 2x3, 200lbs 2x3, 195lbs 1x3 (bf insisted that i take off some weight bc my back started arching during last reps)
    - seated rows 4x10 2x45lb plates
    - pull downs regular grip 4x12 35kgs-27.5kgs dropset 4x12
    - reverse pull up (inverted row) 4x5
    - dumbbell single arm bent over rows 3x10 30lbs
    - bicep curls 3x10 15lbs dbs
    - hammer curls 2x10 15lbs dbs

kinda tempted to buy a hybrid performance training program. they have weightlifting+powerlifting+bodybuilding training, which is exactly what I want. I dont want to just keep bulking to up my powerlifts. i want to look good too lol. and i want to be able to do cool things like clean and jerk and snatch.

SUBMITTING PAPER IN 30MIN + WATCHING DAT APPLE EVENT STREAM
    Good luck with your paper!

Nice workout.

Yes, look good is important! LOL
    Nonfiction Fan
    https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/65158129

1. we bought tkts to hawaii and my bf used his credit card travel credits. so basically he got his tkt for free and i had to spend $600. i wasn't happy about it but why??? why am i not happy when he can save more money than i do?? i'm so difficult UGH
    2. paper got quickly rejected bc of lack of wet lab validation. will submit to another journal soon.
    3. rest day. i need to be surrounded by ppl.
    5'6 140lbs
    1rm:
    220/95/250 (Nov 2017)
    240/115/285 (March 2018)

1. we bought tkts to hawaii and my bf used his credit card travel credits. so basically he got his tkt for free and i had to spend $600. i wasn't happy about it but why??? why am i not happy when he can save more money than i do?? i'm so difficult UGH
    2. paper got quickly rejected bc of lack of wet lab validation. will submit to another journal soon.
    3. rest day. i need to be surrounded by ppl.
    Ouch. I have had plenty of papers rejected, but not usually so quickly! I'm sure the right journal will snatch it up ;-)
    Sucks that you had to spend, but YAY! HAWAII! I'M SO JELLY!

leg day

FEELING GOOD AND STRONG (and i know its bc i'm been eating takeouts fosho)

leg day
    - squats warm up barx8, 50% (95lbs) x 6, 70% (135lbs) x 5, 85% (160lbs) x 4, working set 87% (165lbs) x3, 90% (170lbs) 4x3
    * I started calculating my warm up steps more precisely instead of trying to warm up by switching to 25lb,35lb,45lb plates. I think this is helping me more efficiently and sufficiently warm up without exhausting myself before the working sets.
    - front squats warm up barx10, 95lbs 3x8-10 (shoulders feeling way better now! and so much core engagement omg)
    - reverse hamstring curls bw 4x12
    - leg press 6plates 3x12
    - single leg hip thrusts 3x10
    - ab cable curls 62.5kg 4x20-12
    - stairmaster HIIT 6min
    - standing stretches

Food: I literally have been eating take outs since saturday. every lunch and dinner meal. my wallet is bleeding but I DON'T WANT TO GO HOME bc um home is far and i hate the drive westward when it's 5pm bc that glare is blinding my sunglasses can't block it enough and I tend to almost run red lights when i can't see, ok? so i've been staying at my bf's for the entire week again and he doesn't have enough meals for both of us bc his 2 salmon pieces were spoiled before cooking and so ya, i've been buying food from outside. like. cheap thai fried rice and like. panda. LOL

oh well it's been helping with my lifts so i allow myself to do it once (for a whole week) in a while.

also, i've been seriously considering not to take powerlifting so seriously now. bc all the girls that i see, they don't seem to care about bodybuilding and they focus so much on the "technique" which ok i admit is for the purpose of lifting heavier weights more efficiently but when a short girl sumo deadlifts with her 3inch ROM i just think it's cheating. same for benching. that wide ass grip makes the ROM around 3inches too. That's all fine but, when i attended the powerlifting club at school these girls' unnecessary confidence just annoys me. its like. oh we lift heavy so we eat a lot and obv we don't care how much fat we carry as long as we can bench 105 for 3 inches we're cool af. that's just against my philosophy so. i don't want to attend to that group meeting anymore.

I want to actually be strong AS WELL AS look strong. and i want to be able to have functionality and mobility. so, i'm becoming a CROSSFITTER? i know the next step im becoming a vegan too then LOL

jk. i'm not even remotely strong and mobile enough to be a crossfitter (competitor, not your average weak but flexible crossfitter), also i hate circuit training. but i can be hybrid. for pullday i think i'm going to incorporate the clean move and for push day i'll start testing out the jerk move. so these with the front squats on leg day i will be able to do a clean and jerk!

btw i can't do any push ups now. used to be able to do ~20 full ones. now with kneeling i can't even do 1. goddamn.
    Last edited by jessswooo; 09-14-2017 at 10:10 AM.
    5'6 140lbs
    1rm:
    220/95/250 (Nov 2017)
    240/115/285 (March 2018)

Ouch. I have had plenty of papers rejected, but not usually so quickly! I'm sure the right journal will snatch it up ;-)
    Sucks that you had to spend, but YAY! HAWAII! I'M SO JELLY!
    Ooo are you a phD? (I've always wondered bc you like statistics and ur ig handle says doctor in it) what field are you in?
    ya i'm not feeling too bad about the paper getting rejected so fast bc i literally haven't even developed any hope for it, haha. Might downgrade to a less impactful journal now.

i'm super excited for hawaii! I spent half a day there before when I had a long layover, it was like a sneak peak and it was sooo tempting. it'll be the first ever vacation w my bf too so, so much to look forward to TEEHEE
    5'6 140lbs
    1rm:
    220/95/250 (Nov 2017)
    240/115/285 (March 2018)

Ooo are you a phD? (I've always wondered bc you like statistics and ur ig handle says doctor in it) what field are you in?
    ya i'm not feeling too bad about the paper getting rejected so fast bc i literally haven't even developed any hope for it, haha. Might downgrade to a less impactful journal now.

i'm super excited for hawaii! I spent half a day there before when I had a long layover, it was like a sneak peak and it was sooo tempting. it'll be the first ever vacation w my bf too so, so much to look forward to TEEHEE
    Yep, I finished up my PhD in Chemistry in 2013, but I've worked as an engineer ever since. Honestly, a quick rejection is 1000% better than a full peer review and reject. Less time to get scooped!

I've never been to Hawai'i but I want to so bad! It seems like it should be a cheap(ish) flight from SD. Maybe next year, my travel budget is pretty much eaten up by wedding obligations this year.

Yep, I finished up my PhD in Chemistry in 2013, but I've worked as an engineer ever since. Honestly, a quick rejection is 1000% better than a full peer review and reject. Less time to get scooped!

I've never been to Hawai'i but I want to so bad! It seems like it should be a cheap(ish) flight from SD. Maybe next year, my travel budget is pretty much eaten up by wedding obligations this year.
    Ooo hi docotor!! I'm in my 3rd year for phD. and im a biomed engineer hehe. pretty close fields!
    None of my friends are getting married (they're all either already got married before I met them or don't have marriage plans). I've literally never been to anyone's wedding. i collected so many pretty dresses that i never get to wear LOL

Hawaii's ticket price is dropping this year! I think it was a lot more expensive ($800-1000) a year ago.
    5'6 140lbs
    1rm:
    220/95/250 (Nov 2017)
    240/115/285 (March 2018)

push day

um not sure how i'm feeling, the consequences of eating out for a whole week started to affect my belly. I usually can see a very light separation of my upper abs but today can't see it at all, all covered by water retention and fat volume. damnit jess

Push day
    - bench warm up barx10, 55lbsx8, 65lbsx6, 75lbs x4, working set 80lbs3x3, 75lbs 2x3 (elbow started to flare up bc of the front squats ytd)
    - seated shoulder press 20-22.5lbs 4x10
    - cable flyes 10kg 4x12
    - front raises superset lateral raises 4x10/10 10lb dbs
    - face pulls superset tricep overhead extensions 20kgs 3x15
    - push up attempts kneeling 3x5 (i'm so lame now my pecs are trying so hard to contract and become flat and it's not happening)
    - HIIT circuit: (high knees x50+ jumping squats x15) x3

I'm a fat baby today
    5'6 140lbs
    1rm:
    220/95/250 (Nov 2017)
    240/115/285 (March 2018)

Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm sure it's just a little retention and you'll get back to a better equilibrium.

I haven't had that experience with powerlifting but I'm not all that serious either. I lift by myself and have competed only once. Though, I don't quite get the appeal of sumo because I'm already short. The range of motion isn't that much to begin with so I've stuck to conventional. I want to learn some of the olympic lifts too. Plus, the overhead squats were interesting when I tried out the pink barbell crossfit location in hollywood. Though with crossfit my issue tends to be more cost of gym and class requirements than anything else. I can't pay over 100 a month just for a gym membership and my schedule varies so I need a place where I can lift when I want, not based on a class schedule.

You'll get the pushups back. I couldn't do them before, and never on knees either because my stomach always got in the way (I was even fluffier when I was younger). I prefer to use dumbbells instead of hands on the ground. Something about having the handle for gripping helps. But I started with using a rail during New Rules of Lifting for Women then worked my way lower to the ground, which is supposed to be better than doing them on the knees anyways.

And hawaii does sound awesome. I've never been. My mom isn't a fan but she was also sick their entire vacation there, so the experience is a bit marred by the circumstance. I hope you have fun and enjoy that first big vacation.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Checking in to show my support, girl =)

Keep up the good work!
    Nonfiction Fan
    https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/65158129

I haven't had that experience with powerlifting but I'm not all that serious either. I lift by myself and have competed only once. Though, I don't quite get the appeal of sumo because I'm already short. The range of motion isn't that much to begin with so I've stuck to conventional. I want to learn some of the olympic lifts too. Plus, the overhead squats were interesting when I tried out the pink barbell crossfit location in hollywood. Though with crossfit my issue tends to be more cost of gym and class requirements than anything else. I can't pay over 100 a month just for a gym membership and my schedule varies so I need a place where I can lift when I want, not based on a class schedule.
    Do all the crossfit gyms require enrollment into classes? I'm sort of interested in checking out their equipments and setup of that type of gym bc it could be better than the regular commercial gym. But right I would hate to be in a crossfit class..... Sounds like a bunch of circuit training and 45s intervals....

You'll get the pushups back. I couldn't do them before, and never on knees either because my stomach always got in the way (I was even fluffier when I was younger). I prefer to use dumbbells instead of hands on the ground. Something about having the handle for gripping helps. But I started with using a rail during New Rules of Lifting for Women then worked my way lower to the ground, which is supposed to be better than doing them on the knees anyways.
    You're so right! The kneeling ones might not even have enough depth like the full version. I never realized that. It might be more of bending of the back and dipping of the shoulder. I'm thinking to try some elevated/incline push ups and slowly work my way back to the floor version.

And hawaii does sound awesome. I've never been. My mom isn't a fan but she was also sick their entire vacation there, so the experience is a bit marred by the circumstance. I hope you have fun and enjoy that first big vacation.
    Ah thank you! I'm sorry that your mom didn't get to enjoy it. Almost all of my friends have been there (and multiple times), so I'm getting lots of unsolicited advice from them lol. Our vacation will be only 4.5 days and I hope to just do some water activities and relax most of the time. Hope it'll be a rejuvenating experience instead of an exhausting one.
    5'6 140lbs
    1rm:
    220/95/250 (Nov 2017)
    240/115/285 (March 2018)

Do all the crossfit gyms require enrollment into classes? I'm sort of interested in checking out their equipments and setup of that type of gym bc it could be better than the regular commercial gym. But right I would hate to be in a crossfit class..... Sounds like a bunch of circuit training and 45s intervals....
    The ones I've looked into briefly did require classes, at least in the beginning. Some are strictly just class structures so it probably varies a little depending on the location. I know a couple were introductory classes and it is good for the types of lifts involved that they do want people to learn proper form. The class I did do was fun, overhead squats were interesting but does have that circuit feel. At the end had to do a timed grouping that included cleans, jumping over the bar when it was on the ground and burpees.

You're so right! The kneeling ones might not even have enough depth like the full version. I never realized that. It might be more of bending of the back and dipping of the shoulder. I'm thinking to try some elevated/incline push ups and slowly work my way back to the floor version.
    That's a good way. Elevated/incline and work your way back down.

Ah thank you! I'm sorry that your mom didn't get to enjoy it. Almost all of my friends have been there (and multiple times), so I'm getting lots of unsolicited advice from them lol. Our vacation will be only 4.5 days and I hope to just do some water activities and relax most of the time. Hope it'll be a rejuvenating experience instead of an exhausting one.
    Short trip but still sounds great. Always nice to have a few days away to relax. Hope you have a great time.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

pull day, leg day

pull day
    - DL warm up 50%:10%:85% (of 225), working sets 205lbs (45+35plates!!) 5x3
    - hammer strength rows 4x10 45-40lb plates
    - cable pull downs 27.5+5lbs 4x12 slow negative
    - single arm dumbbell rows 30lbs 3x10
    - reverse pull ups 4x5
    - barbell curls 30lbs 3x8
    - abs circuit: (hanging leg raises x10 + decline crunches x12)x3. my abs have never felt so freaking sore for 2 days

leg day
    - squats warm up 50%:10%:85% (of 190), working sets 170lbs 5x3 (left knee feeling bad)
    - front squats 65lbs warm up, 95lbs 3x8
    - reverse hamstring curls (i can't do it correctly) 4x12
    - leg press 6plates 3x12
    - seated leg curls 3x8-6 130lbs
    - romanian split squats 15lb dbs 4x10
    - stair master HIIT 5min.......

literally. have. had. takeouts and restaurant food. since. 7 days. ago. I finally got to visit that sausage place in little tokyo tho! it was amazing. also had some ginormous salad from "salad farm". it was huge. loaded with good stuff. just way too dry. had to add more oo and honey to chow down all of it.

anyways. new week!!
    - stair master
    5'6 140lbs
    1rm:
    220/95/250 (Nov 2017)
    240/115/285 (March 2018)

maybe i should do a cut for the vacay bc that's in 2 month and home bound in 3month (3wks no training) and i currently weigh 139lbs jeans+belt on

plan for food this week: chicken/tofu/squash/tomato stew and cold tofu/scallion dish for lunch/dinner, rice, oikos yogurt/banana around workout times. going to cut out snacks
    Last edited by jessswooo; 09-18-2017 at 01:41 PM.
    5'6 140lbs
    1rm:
    220/95/250 (Nov 2017)
    240/115/285 (March 2018)

I suppose you could but 137 isn't that much for your height. Me, I need to cut but I'm 141 in shorts and no belt and I'm only 4'11". But can understand the desire to cut a little before a vacation.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

I think a slow cut of 0.5#/week for a couple months can make a big difference visually even if it's not a lot of scale movement.