PLumos is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Comments on first bulking plan

Hey guys,

I'm 25, 6ft 1, 165lbs and in good shape. I've been working out for a few months and I've gained some lean mass but I'm now I'm looking to take things up a level, to start a clean bulk. The difficulty is I'm lacto-vegetarian (milk, no meat/eggs) so I've had to be a little creative with my first diet plan.

You can find the plan attached.

Macros:
    Carbs: 331.7g
    Protein: 227.75g
    Fat: 77.1g

Any comments would be most welcome, I'm just starting out!
    Attached Images

BBMPS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lacto-vegetarian must be tough! If you're hitting your macros then it's a good start (I've not checked the math!). One observation is that you're main source of protein is from supplements (whey) and not from whole foods, the latter generally accepted to be better. You could try mixing in some lentils, pulses, beans, peas, nuts and any dairy products you can eat.

Also, maybe a silly question, are you planning to eat the same thing every day or do you have different menus per day? A varied diet helps to get the range of micronutrients we need

Trini_Boi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trini_Boi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trini_Boi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trini_Boi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trini_Boi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trini_Boi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trini_Boi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trini_Boi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trini_Boi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trini_Boi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trini_Boi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BBMPS View Post
    Lacto-vegetarian must be tough! If you're hitting your macros then it's a good start (I've not checked the math!). One observation is that you're main source of protein is from supplements (whey) and not from whole foods, the latter generally accepted to be better. You could try mixing in some lentils, pulses, beans, peas, nuts and any dairy products you can eat
    This response is dead on. I used to be vegetarian too. I stopped because I found it too much of a pain in terms of protein, but it's not impossible, you just have to try that much harder. I haven't looked at the diet plan, because it's not necessary. Just make sure you are hitting the macros. Carbs don't matter. I would use myfitnesspal or a similar calorie counting app rather than excel. They have huge databases and do all the tracking and math for you. As a vegetarian (lacto-ova), your complete protein choices include, dairy products and soy mainly. Some lesser known options are quinoa, combinations of plant proteins together such as beans and rice. That's pretty much it as far as complete options go.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Drop your protein a ton and maximize the f*ck out of your fat and carbs.