Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    I do as well. Even when I rarely post, I know I'll see many basic headlines here. You're not screaming fake news at every opportunity either. I find those that watch fake news (i.e. news agencies that only lambast other news agencies) cry fake news. They are just as guilty of being lead by the media as they feel others are.

No argument here, the gentleman was a waste of oxygen.
    There is no legitimate news source anymore, Fox and other conservative sources included.
    One has to use some common sense and wade through the BS.
    There's a lot of common sense lacking in this country today.
    People gonna Fox
    People gonna CNN
    People gonna MSNBC
    etc and swallow what these entertainers feed them.
    True unbiased journalism in this country is dead.
    I hope that answers your question.
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You know, you sort of expect a very biased, glaringly partisan slant from certain outlets, publications, organizations. What was 10 years ago has now multiplied by a factor of 1,000. What is truly disheartening for many is the very slanted, biased, glaringly partisan reporting of the majority of the 'major players' in the media, print and televised. It is not a perceived slant. It is a monstrously evident, and documented reality. I saw a figure the other day; 76% of Americans believe that the 'news' is indeed fomenting division, and in some instances, violence. When 'media' is held at the same level of esteem (or worse) than the Congress of the United States, something is amiss.
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by so-tex View Post
    There is no legitimate news source anymore, Fox and other conservative sources included.
    One has to use some common sense and wade through the BS.
    There's a lot of common sense lacking in this country today.
    People gonna Fox
    People gonna CNN
    People gonna MSNBC
    etc and swallow what these entertainers feed them.
    True unbiased journalism in this country is dead.
    I hope that answers your question.
    Originally Posted by paolo59 View Post
    You know, you sort of expect a very biased, glaringly partisan slant from certain outlets, publications, organizations. What was 10 years ago has now multiplied by a factor of 1,000. What is truly disheartening for many is the very slanted, biased, glaringly partisan reporting of the majority of the 'major players' in the media, print and televised. It is not a perceived slant. It is a monstrously evident, and documented reality. I saw a figure the other day; 76% of Americans believe that the 'news' is indeed fomenting division, and in some instances, violence. When 'media' is held at the same level of esteem (or worse) than the Congress of the United States, something is amiss.
    On balance I find most the major news sources reliable Fox news are included. The bias, I find, isn't about accuracy so much as what they chose to cover and how often and what they don't.

Eg, Fox news will report when an illegal alien commits a horrible crime, which is accurate. What they leave out is that on balance illegals commit fewer crimes than citizens. Thus a bias.

MSNBC will run 14 straight hours on a Russian investigation leak which for this example turns out to be true but reports nothing on Trumps program to advance apprenticeships

Between these two extremes there lies NPR (they've done three stories that I know of on the apprenticeship program )and the B B C

In general I find that multiple news sources allows one to triangulate what the real story behind the stories are.
    A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.

Muhammad Ali

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JediRN View Post
    On balance I find most the major news sources reliable Fox news are included. The bias, I find, isn't about accuracy so much as what they chose to cover and how often and what they don't.

Eg, Fox news will report when an illegal alien commits a horrible crime, which is accurate. What they leave out is that on balance illegals commit fewer crimes than citizens. Thus a bias.

MSNBC will run 14 straight hours on a Russian investigation leak which for this example turns out to be true but reports nothing on Trumps program to advance apprenticeships

Between these two extremes there lies NPR (they've done three stories that I know of on the apprenticeship program )and the B B C

In general I find that multiple news sources allows one to triangulate what the real story behind the stories are.
    Bingo!
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I can agree, generally speaking. The 'editorial' decisions (if you could call it that) made when determining what is reported, and what is not, is very telling. It can be extremely distorting, or simply silent as death. LOL If a person is not a 'news junkie,' running like a chicken with its head cut off (which most folks are) catching your news on the fly, from one single source...they will have some considerable blind spots when it comes to what is going on. Any day, every day.
    paolo59

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    O
    2006 I spent a month in northern Italy while Bush was President and I watched a a lot of the B B C, its funny how those of us in the USA think the world revolves around us yet in their daily news Bush and the USA would get a minute or 2 at best of their primetime news.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    2006 I spent a month in northern Italy while Bush was President and I watched a a lot of the B B C, its funny how those of us in the USA think the world revolves around us yet in their daily news Bush and the USA would get a minute or 2 at best of their primetime news.
    LOL Different perspective, and understandably so! If you're up late at night, can't sleep, BBC World News on National Public Radio is excellent. Broad coverage of World News, and in depth conversations/interviews with people in the know (experts). I caught some incredibly informative interviews last week on that horrific high rise apartment fire in London. Really good, informative news coverage is time consuming. It can't be done in a matter of a minute or two.
    paolo59

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Oh hell no. I'd miss all the fun then

***LOL that words on a screen would upset me. Projecting are we?
    True dat. You guys were just having too much fun be condescending little jack asses...
    Well meaning, elderly man with a poor memory...

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by paolo59 View Post
    LOL Different perspective, and understandably so! If you're up late at night, can't sleep, BBC World News on National Public Radio is excellent. Broad coverage of World News, and in depth conversations/interviews with people in the know (experts). I caught some incredibly informative interviews last week on that horrific high rise apartment fire in London. Really good, informative news coverage is time consuming. It can't be done in a matter of a minute or two.
    I agree about the BBC on NPR. Unfortunately our local NPR affiliate has reduced its coverage in favor of some lame game or celebrity shows -- they did that with "Science Friday" too a couple of years ago. It's definitely getting harder to find good journalism.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    I agree about the BBC on NPR. Unfortunately our local NPR affiliate has reduced its coverage in favor of some lame game or celebrity shows -- they did that with "Science Friday" too a couple of years ago. It's definitely getting harder to find good journalism.
    Sorry to hear that! When you do find 'good journalism,' straight forward, informative, in depth, it is literally like a breath of fresh air. I have my way of looking at things...everything! LOL But I have ears to hear, and I'm not completely stupid. Well...more or less.
    paolo59

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cd871 View Post
    How about a fight you ****ing jerk?
    That's funny coming from someone who does not have the balls to even use his regular username to post. Bravery redefined. Well done...
    Well meaning, elderly man with a poor memory...