ManiacalFaster is on a distinguished road. (+10)

This guy is dumb – Alternate Day Fasting ADF Log

This may be controversial to the bodybuilding community, so good. Maybe you can keep me motivated.

Me History: late 20s. Male. Around 225 lbs and 5’10”. (probably 25% bf?... not sure, pics will tell.) Lifted on and off for 1.5 decades (but poor consistency), so I have a some muscle. I think my maxes from doing starting strength a few years ago was 320X5 squat A2G, 185x5 Bench, 385x1 deadlift—though I cant do that now. I gained weight in my teens, and lost it my senior year. Then hell broke loose with medication and partying/drinking and gained like 90 pounds my freshman year. I think my heaviest was 245. I’ve been around 200 -220 for the past few years, though I think I hit my heaviest in a while at 230. Must fix this. I probably have a slight food addiction problem, but it usually gets in line if I stick to some dietary plan.

My Fasting History: last summer (’18) I got intrigued seeing some snake diet stuff (yeah I know that guy is kind of extreme), and began some long term fasting. My first fast was 120 hrs. It began with trying to make it 24-36 hours and I just kept going. It’s a challenge, though skeptics act as if you are trying to invent a new number or something. I did some more 36-60-84 hour fasts. I think I reached an all time adult low of 190. It was the best I’ve felt body composition wise. However, I had some career changes and was not able to sustain the fasting, and slowly gained the weight (plus some) back over a 9 month period. (I will say the effects on the metabolism are much different than expected…, maybe I can get into that later).

This summer I’ve done some bouts of alternate day fasting and found it incredibly easy. However, I just haven’t stuck with them enough I’ve seen some success, but not sustained. I am a very spontaneous and random person and don’t stick to much of anything consistently – this must change. My most success was the beginning of last month (august), It was the most satisfied/happy I’ve been in a while. But a few parties and inconsistency and I’m off the wagon.

Why I like fasting: It is convenient. Allows me to enjoy foods I like. I do enjoy drinking, although I will cut that back further. It can save you money. Alternate Day fasting really becomes effortless after a week or so. You begin eating less by nature and don’t crave to overeat. I think more people need to open their mind to its benefits.

My lifting/cardio – I’ve recently got back into lifting. I’ve gained a lot of strength back. I’m currently doing a full body plan 2-3 times a week with hiit cardio afterwards. I’ll post my plan tomorrow after my first lifting session. I need to standardize it for the log, but its kinda like quads, chest, hams, back, shoulders, calves, back, traps. 3 sets of 15. I am going to try to lift when I wake on my fasting days. Also, My job is labor intensive and getting back to strength training has been very beneficial.

Do I know this may bring controversy: for sure. I kinda want to be a Guinea pig on this stuff too. Not many people who fast also lift, though I have seen some people who have had success in some Facebook groups. I do plan to eventually get to a bodyfat I am happy with and begin bulking. I do realize that fasting isn’t optimal for building muscle. So I will likely stop fasting (or decrease) at that time.

My goals: I want to get to 10% bodyfat in 6 months. So around the ides of march. I also want to fast at least 75 days by then. I think ill must get down to atleast 175? From then bulk/cut cycles with strength gains.

My goals for this journal: The more involved I am with this log, I think I will stay motivated. We can discuss and debate topics around fasting. I also love music and comedy, so I will try to post clips and links (if this is still allowed). I feel that the best way to reach a goal is to share it with people. I want to possibly start group texts and share this on more social media platforms. I also want to inspire others with progress (as many people do through these fitness logs). I also want to commit to my followers and to keep these commitments. So tomorrow I commit to the following:
    -post my starting weight
    -post my starting pics (and shave for them).
    -go workout and post my training routine
    -post my apple watch activity

Ready, break.

TLDR—cliffs – fat guy, late 20s. 5’10” 225. fasting every other day to lose weight. Lifting weights. Follow along.
    Tomorrow (well later today), the 18th anniversary of a horrific day (and most memorable day for me), starts day 1 and fast day 1.

In tribute to 9/11, check this out sometime. Its the eerie tapes from air traffic control throughout the discovery of the hijackings. Respect to all the victims of the attack.

edit: i cant post links until i have 50 posts. search "911 air traffic controllers" on youtube. The first link.

youtube.com /watch?v=we9AviBVNkM
    Attached Images