asianboywonder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sumo Deadlift Form Check

Hey guys, I was just wondering if I could get some feedback. This was my first time doing a sumo deadlift, I've always strayed away from any type of deadlift due to a lower back problem. When performing I still felt my back doing a lot of the work, so I was wondering if I did anything wrong.

https ://youtu.be/skeS_fB4r9o

I put a space in the link due to not being able to post links yet

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Form seems pretty good, it would actually be more helpful if you did multiple reps to see how your form holds up under fatigue and time under tension. The most obvious thing that came to mind however is that it seems like the bar is too far in front of you, you should keep the bar mid-foot as you are leaving weight on the table not to mention that your lumbar will strain more trying to get the weight up. It should be more or less a straight bar path. I could be wrong as it is hard to tell with the plates blocking your feet.
    positivity brah crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so screw it crew
    anti-degen crew

I appreciate the feedback. I'll keep those things in mind the next time I try these.

BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't know if it's just me but it seems like you're trying to squat the weight off the ground.

Okay, I recorded myself again. Ignore the fact that I didn't touch the barbell on the ground for one rep. i tried to keep the bar as close to me as possible but still felt a little discomfort in lower back. I don't know if I should drop these entirely or keep working on them.

https ://youtu.be/1m8YpB_p48k

LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

You're hyper extending your back, so that your shoulders end up behind your hips and your hips end up behind your knees. Not only is this disqualifying, but it means that the curve of your lumber is what's assuming the load of the bar at lockout instead of your muscles. Your back won't thank you if you continue this.

Instead, try flexing your abs and glutes and thrusting into the bar at the top on lockout, kind of like how you did with that cheap hooker you buried a few weeks ago, the male one.

At the top of the movement your knees are straight, your hips flexed directly above your knees, your abs flexed in a half crunch, with your shoulders in a neutral position directly above your hips.

You look like some kung fu guy carrying a heavy load, and someone makes a punch at your face so you back out of the trajectory of the swing. What you should be doing is standing firm, letting your supremely muscular face break the offender's fists so you can keep squeezing your abs as you laugh at his inferior manliness while holding your glutes as tight as you can in case of surprise sexual battery from behind by his accomplice, or your unrequited high school love coming back for a reunion. This is why people don't like unions, cuz they're gay.

Some subscribe to the school of thought that you're supposed to tuck your chin at the top of the movement. I can understand if you have a double chin and feel self conscious about exposing it, but really nobody is going to look at it, so it's okay to tuck your chin down. Double chins are uncomfortable to look at so by tucking you're forcing people to avert their gaze so you can deadlift in peace.

A lot of people will mention that you might be using your legs too much to, "squat," the weight up. There's several schools of thought on this. As long as your shoulders are slightly beyond your toes as you pick the weight up, then you're doing it right. You might have long femurs and can't avoid squatting it up. The simplest way to check is to make sure that in the negative, your shoulders are slightly in front of your toes with your hips pushed back adequately for balance.
    Gym lifts: 260/130/285
    Meet lifts: 245/130/285

Coming back after injury journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169273893

okay...