HughJanus101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I need your help guys

Hi, I'm 19 years old, I'm around 5'5 and I weigh around 100~ lbs last time I checked, which was a while ago so I might weigh more now(I've been told that it looked like I gained some weight lately).

I did go to the gym over a year ago, but I went for a week, stopped for long while then came back. Had zero motivation because I dislike working out. Not because it's hard, I actually love testing my limits, but because it's just plain boring to me. I had no motivation to keep it up...Now, over a year went by since the last time I worked out, and I feel weak and worthless...I always look at people going through transformations, I look at people who had the motivation to be consistent and change their lives...and I'm still here, wondering how far could I have gotten if I actually worked out consistently for the last 2 years...I lack motivation, I don't know what to do.

I'm in a pit in my life right now, regardless my physical condition(talking about my weight, still have to go through my routine yearly check up sometime in the upcoming month), I don't know what the **** to do next in my life, I sit at home in front of my computer most of the day... Barely in touch with my real friends, only in touch with those I play with online most of the day.

I'm not looking for you to solve or give me advice regarding my life(you can if you want), I just don't know where to get started...How do I get from 100 lbs to a healthier weight? How much do I have to eat? How much do I have to work out? How do I motivate myself to get off my ass and start working out?
    I feel like ****, I feel so embarassed whenever I pass by kids far younger than I am who look older and stronger than me, which is the main reason to why I DON'T go out at all. People constantly let me know how thin I am and tell me to eat, which makes it worse for me and my confidence. Of course, I'm not looking for people to tell me that I look fantastic and healthy, because I don't, I just hate it when they bug me about my weight again and again.

Guys, please help me...I feel like my life is ****ing worthless, I feel ****ing worthless...The only way I see things change is if I find the strength and motivation to start living healthy and boost my confidence, so I could get out there and start living like a normal human being.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    We can't give you motivation, either you have it or you don't. Sounds like you don't. But here is all the info you need to change should you choose to.

NUTRITION

This is the largest factor in your success, learn the basics to get started and then move into more advanced if needed.

BASICS
    Spoiler!

Sources and More Information

TRAINING

Start with a solid beginner routine, these are designed to get the most for you; they are designed by professionals and use progressive overload. Read through them and pick the one you like most, follow it as it is written.

Why You Should Not Make Your Own Routine
    How To Perform Basic Lifts

Routines
    Starting Strength
    BabyLover's Starting Strength
    AllPro's Beginner Routine
    StrongLifts 5x5
    IceCream Fitness 5x5
    Fierce 5
    Coolcicada's Push Pull Legs

Calisthenics routines
    Spoiler!

SUPPLEMENTS

Remember one thing, supplements are only that; they supplement something and are never meant to be replacements. A multivitamin will not replace fruits and vegetables, a fat burner will not replace a caloric deficit, and a meal replacement is not meant to be your only source of calories.

This is a brief run down of the 'basics', for further breakdowns of specific ingredients (like Yohimbe, Forskolin, Glycerol, ect) more research on your part would be needed.

Protein
    Spoiler!

Multi-Vitamins
    Spoiler!

Fish Oil
    Spoiler!

Creatine
    Spoiler!

BCAAs
    Spoiler!

Fat Burners
    Spoiler!

Pre-Workouts
    Spoiler!

Meal Replacements/Mass Gainer
    Spoiler!

CLA
    Spoiler!

Glutamine
    Spoiler!
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

HughJanus101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you! I really appreciate it.

Currently I'm suffering from a sore shoulder(probably mild inflammation), but hopefully I'll heal in a couple of days and start working out. I hope this time I won't lose motivation...

Dbarlow101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When I go to the gym, I tend to do classes like cross-fit, zumba, or spin bike. I feel like working out with other people in the class with me gives me that extra motivation to push myself. I want to be the one who sweats harder and pushes myself to burn more calories. I feel like when people work out at the gym, some need that extra push from a friend or a group of friends. I know some guys at my gym like to lift weights and they challenge each other. You have guys who can lift different amounts. They motivate each other to push harder. I do a lot of outside workouts and I do it alone. I do things like swimming, hiking, jogging down to the street or to town, walking my dog, and stuff like that.
    Last edited by Dbarlow101; 06-13-2017 at 11:38 AM.

latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You have to be and get excited about healthy living and exercise bro. Ykou can't fake it cause in thee end you will quit like last time.

Does this mean you should give up!?
    NO

You need to find something to motivate you. To look better to feel better to want a prettier girlfriend anything.

Start small. Do floor work for a month. Push ups,sit ups,crunches,leg raises,scissors,bicycles. Etc etc.

Build your self. Start walking a couple miles a day. Then jogging. Build your endurance.

Your body is weak right now so when you work out your mind is telling you you want to quit and not go back to the gym! Once yoiu get some strength and endurance your body will do a complete 180 and start telling you MORE MORE MORE.

you can do it

CarmenCrudup is not very well liked. (-100) CarmenCrudup is not very well liked. (-100) CarmenCrudup is not very well liked. (-100) CarmenCrudup is not very well liked. (-100) CarmenCrudup is not very well liked. (-100) CarmenCrudup is not very well liked. (-100) CarmenCrudup is not very well liked. (-100) CarmenCrudup is not very well liked. (-100) CarmenCrudup is not very well liked. (-100) CarmenCrudup is not very well liked. (-100) CarmenCrudup is not very well liked. (-100)
    Think about what you could become. A muscular handsome popular guy with a pretty girlfriend. Now do you think you will have your motivation?

merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000)
    This may or may not be for you but have you ever thought about joining the military? I'm not sure if you're in college right now or some sort of schooling but if you're just working a minimum wage job and don't have any goal set on what career you want to pursue think about the military. Go talk to a recruiter and hear them out. It'll only take up 30-40 minutes of your time. If you don't like what you hear you don't have any obligations. Simply look into something else from that point. It's worth a shot. Who knows?

Maybe give the videogames a rest if you feel like they're taking up a huge portion of your day. Or start off slow... don't go and throw your XBOX, PC, whatever out the window (and regret it the next day). Do your chores, your work, etc. during the day then at night play an hour or so of videogames or watch TV. Just a suggestion. Good luck to you man. It sounds like you want to change some things you in your life that you don't like. That's the first step-REALIZING. Now you need to put it into action. NOW, you need to do it. I know its hard man. We're all trying to change things in our lives. Wether it be weight training goals, career goals, mental health issues trying to be sorted out.

You're not alone man. A lot of people have been through it. I have myself, I'm still not where I want to be. We all need to be in this together and strive for excellence. Just take things one step at a time. Even if it's something small like say you think to yourself, "Today I'm going to vacuum out my car and cut the grass." Then it'll hopefully progress to, "Today I'm going to bike to the gym and work out for 40 minutes on the weights." Whatever. One day at a time man. You got this. You can do it. Good luck to you.