NevilleBartoss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Keto on Gluten Challenge

Sup keto-faags,

Before I go under the microscope for my endoscopy, I'm required to do a gluten challenge for a duration of three weeks. For those of you who don't know, that means I need to consume gluten everyday to bring out the potential inflammation, thus making it easier to detect.

Problem being, I'm a pretty hardcore ketoer. Am I fuked, or are there non carb types of gluten out there.

Cheers
    Last edited by NevilleBartoss; 06-08-2017 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Edited to cleverly sneak in swear words without being detected by admin ****s

JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500)
    [QUOTE=NevilleBartoss;1507642391]Sup keto

Don't see why you would want to actually ingest gluten to cause this problem when its a known problem for you... but all the best to you..

the point of keto is anti inflammatory

and yes you will not be keto , makes no sense doing this but what ever works lol
    Staying below 9% BF Year Round
    Ketosis Since - August / 14 / 2015
    Keto Expert
    IF
    1 Meal a day
    No Longer Doing Social Media Or Roaming Forums Often
    Display Picture Old And Not Up To Date
    New Instagram Not posting much as this time J.Banaitis

I have issues with my digestion, but I don't know if it's due to gluten or not (could be literally hundreds of other triggers/causes). At any rate, it's what the hospital/surgeon has requested so who am I to argue. They will find out for sure when they deep-throat me with a camera and take a biopsy (already been anally penetrated with a camera)

Just looking for ways to consume gluten without blowing my carb bugdet. Are there gluten dense foods that are low or lower in carbs than white bread?

I'm struggling to find this information online surprisingly.

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    did he say how much should you be taking daily and for how many days? I am wondering, did hospital surgeon mean true isolated gluten, or simply eating wheat products with gluten? Those are different things. Gluten by itself is a protein. Theoretically, up to a certain point it should not interfere with keto. On the other note, how can anybody eat that goo and not have problem digesting it anyway?

Good thinking my man. They didn't give me any exact quantities, but just said to consume gluten containing foods, ie, two slices of white bread per day. It never occurred to me to look for a gluten supplement, which actually does exist.

Not zero carbs but close enough.

As an after thought though, I heard there were different kinds of gluten, some of which people don't have allergic reactions too, so I need to be sure I'm consuming the correct (although potentially harmful) strain of gluten

JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by NevilleBartoss View Post
    Good thinking my man. They didn't give me any exact quantities, but just said to consume gluten containing foods, ie, two slices of white bread per day. It never occurred to me to look for a gluten supplement, which actually does exist.

Not zero carbs but close enough.

As an after thought though, I heard there were different kinds of gluten, some of which people don't have allergic reactions too, so I need to be sure I'm consuming the correct (although potentially harmful) strain of gluten

you realize lectins are a type of gluten found in all grains , even when people remove gluten the lectines are causing the problem gluten is a very small protein that does cause problems but lectins are the ones that are to blame but people blame the gluten when its the lectins which are another strasnd of gluten FYI

Lectins are the main cause for imflamation bloating and other sysmptons including digestion problems and more , they are the problem and often not tested for just gluten which is a waste of time , do some research on lectins
    Staying below 9% BF Year Round
    Ketosis Since - August / 14 / 2015
    Keto Expert
    IF
    1 Meal a day
    No Longer Doing Social Media Or Roaming Forums Often
    Display Picture Old And Not Up To Date
    New Instagram Not posting much as this time J.Banaitis

Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't understand this test. Let's say you do the gluten challenge, have the scope, and nope, no inflammation detected that can be blamed solely on gluten. What then? Your chosen WOE is already keto, so it's not like you're going to go back to eating gluten anyway.