Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

The official NASM CES study guide thread

I find this to be much more difficult than the CPT, yet we can take the test at home on our computers, open book unlike the CPT. Below are most questions from the practice exam with the correct answer and the page # where the answer can be found. Some questions I didn't include because they were from the CPT and i knew them easy instantly after reading question. Feel free to add other study aids in this thread....

I've read the book, gone over all these questions and just started reviewed the chapter 2 eccentric/concentric/isometric actions of all muscles (gone through lower leg, quads, hams) and i think i would fail this test w/o a book at the moment.

The practice test really doesn't have any questions regarding ROM assessments and manual strength assessments...don't really know why they were included if we have to have some type of separate license to perform the MMT. If practice test has 0 questions on them i can't imagine the real test would have much more.

Which corrective exercise technique is used to reeducate underactive tissues?
    activation techniques p.5

more that 1/3 of all work related injuries involve the trunk, and of these...
    more than 60% involve the low back p.3

what percentage of ACL injuries are estimated to be non-contact?
    70-75% p.3

which of the following are major soft tissue contributors to the deep longitudinal sub-system?
    erector spinae, thoracolumbar fascia, sacrotuberous ligament, biceps femoris, and peroneus longus p.25

what does eccentric deceleration mean?
    when a resistive force overcomes a muscle's developed tension p.17

Which of the following subsystems transfers forces that are summated from the muscle's transverse plane
    orientation to propulsion in the sagittal plane, as occurs during walking or running?
    posterior oblique subsystem p.26-27

Which adductor muscle has fibers that can concentrically accelerate extension of the femur?
    adductor magnus p. 34

which muscle eccentrically decelerates hip adduction, and internal rotation?
    gluteus medius (posterior fibers) p.35

which muscle is the primary frontal plane stabilizer of the knee complex?
    gluteus medius p.ASK SOMEBODY

Which muscle concentrically produces extension of the hip, and a posterior tilt of the pelvis?
    gluteus maximus p.36

Which muscle eccentrically decelerates humeral external rotation, abduction, and flexion?
    teres major p.49

which muscle concentrically accelerates external rotation of the humerus?
    teres minor p/48

which of the following combinations of joint motions occur at the foot/ankle during lower
    body pronation?
    dorsiflexion, eversion, abduction p.15 learn chart 2.2

What is the name of the hyperbolic relationship which shows that as the veloity of an
    concentric contraction increases, the developed tension decreases?
    Force velocity curve p. 19

Which subsystem consists of force-couple relationships that primarily control the pelvis and femur
    in the frontal plane during single leg functional movements such as gait, lunges, or stair climbing?
    Lateral subsystem p. 27

What system is predominantly responsible for movement and consists of more superficial musculature
    that originates from the pelvis to the rib cage, the lower extremities, or both?
    Global muscular system p. 24

The gluteus medius, tfl, adductor complex, and quadratus lumborum comprise the...
    lateral subsystem p. 27

What system is responsible for the joint support system of the LPHC and consists of muscles that
    originate and/or insert into the lumbar spine?
    local muscular system p.24

Individuals with the lower extremity movement impairment syndrome are usually characterized as having?
    an anterior pelvic tilt p.66
    A client demonstrates rounded shoulder posture and later indicates that he has suffered from shoulder
    pain in the past. Which of the following patterns of dysfunction are most likely present?
    lengthened rhomboids and shortened anterior deltoid p.67-68 TABLE 3.2

It is determined that a client demonstrates and upper extremity movement impairment syndrome. Which
    of the following muscles are most likely tight?
    upper trapezius, levator scapula p. 68 table 3.2

It is determined that a client demonstrates lower extremity movement impairment syndrome. Which of the
    following musculature is most likely tight?
    erector spinae, lateral hamstrings p. 66-67 TABLE .3.1

individuals with the upper-extremity movement impairment syndrome are usually characterized as having...
    rounded shoulders and forward head p.67

a client has been a waitress for many years, forced to carry heavy trays of food, and has dealt with
    shoulder pain in the past. This client is most likely prone to weakness in the...
    rotator cuff p.68

An increased lumbar lordosis with an anterior pelvic tilt is indicative of overactivity in which of
    the following muscles?
    Gastrocnemius, rectus femoris, erector spinae p.99 lower crossed syndrome

a new client reveals that she had knee replacement surgery two years ago and failed to comply with
    the rehabilitation program. During the assessment, she displayed limited range of motion in the affected
    knee. Which of the following is most likely to have caused this current lack of mobility?
    Formed scar tissue

What does elevating the heels do during an Overhead Squat assessment?
    decreases the stretch of the soleus p.114

During the single leg squat assessment, the compensation of "hip drop" can be attributed by overactivity
    of which muscle?
    Adductor complex (same side as stance leg) p.118

The Landing Error Scoring System (LESS) test assesses which of the following?
    Improve movement patterns during landing tasks p.135

During the SingleLeg Squat assessment, the compensation of "inward trunk rotation" can be attributed by
    overactivity of the...
    external oblique (oppsite side of stance leg) p.117

Which of the following sensory receptors can cause a muscle to relax when excited?
    ruffini endings

Which of the following receptors have been shown to have autonomic functions within the body?
    Interstitial receptors p.201

Which of the following conditions is an absolute contraindication for SMR?
    advanced diabetes p.207 (chart of all contraindications)

Which of the following contributes to a decrease in neuron excitability during static stretching?
    renshaw cell p.212

Which of the following techniques allows for relaxation and simultaneous elongation of a muscle?
    static stretching p.211 (table)

research demonstrated stretching tight ipsilateral quadriceps and hip flexor musculature can significantly improve...
    hip flexion p.217

Research suggests that there is moderate evidence to indicate that acute, pre-exercise stretching performed in isolation may have a negative effect on...
    muscular strength and power p.217

There is moderate evidence to indicate that chronic, long-term stretching protocols tend to lead to white of the following?
    decreased cost of time due to injury p.218

What integrated dynamic movement is an immediate progression for a staggered stance exercise?
    lunge exercise p.245-246

Which of the following is a contraindication for isolated strengthening?
    acute rheumatoid arthritis of affected joint p.247

integrated dynamic movement involves which of the following?
    low loads and controlled movements p.245

What is the purpose of activation techniques within the corrective exercise continuum?
    to reeducate underactive tissue p.230

Integration techniques are used to...
    retrain the collective synergistic function of all muscles through functionally progressive movements p.245

Integration techniques (integrated dynamic movement) strive to improve...
    intermuscular coordination p.245

Which of the following is a theoretical basis for performing inhibitory and lengthening techniques
    before isolated strengthening?
    Muscles will not be able to move if a joint is not able to move p.231

Which of the following is the most appropriate isolated strengthening exercise for a client that demonstrates excessive lower extremity pronation?
    towel scunches p.263

Which of the following muscles has been identified as a dynamic knee stabilizer which has the ability to counteract excessive pronation of the lower extremity?
    medial gastrocnemius p.257

Which of the following is the most common symptom of plantar fasciitis?
    pain at the bottom of the heel p.254

Which muscles would be most appropriate to strengthen for a client with foot and ankle impairment?
    posterior tibialis and anterior tibialis

Which of the following are risk factors for patellar tendinopathy in an individual involved in jumping sports?
    an increased q-angle p.269

Which of the following exercises is most likely to help induce more muscle-dominant neuromusculoskeletal adaptations that help prepare an athlete for multidirectional movement?
    cutting maneuvers p.279

Which quadriceps muscle concentrically flexes the hip and extends the knee?
    rectus femoris p.33

the piriformis eccentrically decelerates?
    hip adduction and internal rotation p.37

during an overhead squat test, it is observed that a client demonstrates limited dorsiflexion in the sagittal plane, yet the client does not raise his heels. Which of the following movement impairments needs to occur in order to maintain the bodys center of gravity?
    forward trunk flexion p.293

When there are imbalances in the deep longitudinal subsystem and the latissimus dorsi becomes overactive, it will create excessive lumbar extension by....
    anteriorly rotating the pelvis p.295

Which joint is comprised to the tibia and femur?
    tibiofemoral joint p.268

Which of the following muscles would receive SMR for an asymmetrical weight shift that is observed during an Overhead Squat test?
    gastrocnemius (opposide side of shift) p.297 (chart)

Which of the following muscle(s) would be appropriate to strengthen for the compensation of low back rounds?
    hip flexors p.297 (chart)

Which of the following is an example of an isolated strengthening exercise for the elbow and wrist?
    standing lat pulldown p.347 (is actually an isolated inegration exercise)

Which muscle concentrically accelerates scapular retraction and depression?
    mid/lower trapezius p.chapter 2

94. "hands far from the wall" during the rotation test indicates underactivity in which of the following muscles?
    subscapularis and teres major for internal rotation, teres minor and infraspinatus for external rotation p.130

Why is behind the neck pulldown believed to place the shoulder in a closed-pack position?
    capsule and ligaments have the least ability to lengthen p.319

In order to keep the eyes level during the descent of an Overhead Squat test, what compensation will
    occur as the head migrates forward?
    Flexion of cervical spine and hyperextension of cervicocranial junction p.357

Anterior translation of the cervical spine moves alone which axis of the Cartesian coordinate system?
    z-axis p.362

Upon descent of the Overhead Squat test, a client demonstrates abnormal asymmetric shifting of the cervical spine. What combination of muscles might be overactive and/or underactive on right and/or left sides?
    sternocleidomastoids, scalenes, levator scapulae, upper trapezius p.358

2hard2fixagain is not very well liked. (-100) 2hard2fixagain is not very well liked. (-100) 2hard2fixagain is not very well liked. (-100) 2hard2fixagain is not very well liked. (-100) 2hard2fixagain is not very well liked. (-100) 2hard2fixagain is not very well liked. (-100) 2hard2fixagain is not very well liked. (-100) 2hard2fixagain is not very well liked. (-100) 2hard2fixagain is not very well liked. (-100) 2hard2fixagain is not very well liked. (-100) 2hard2fixagain is not very well liked. (-100)
    THANK YOU.

Just took my CPT exam today and passed. I have the CES and PES waiting for me. Any experience in the PES?

EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    no exp with PES...most my clients so far have been weight loss, i haven't gotten to the athletes yet so i figured CES was more appropriate.

upping thread, has to be more people studying for ces than just me. not nearly as many resources as the CPT

brad626 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brad626 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brad626 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just ordered my study materials, looking forward to getting going on this, so thanks a lot for the thread. I found a guy that made flashcards for the test online, maybe you can confirm the accuracy. I'll do the same when I get my materials next week.

Can't post links yet so just search google "nasm ces flashcards" and its the quizlet link.

When do you plan on taking the exam? I'll definitely contribute what I can as I start studying.
    NESTA PFT
    ACE CPT
    NASM CES

CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by brad626 View Post
    Just ordered my study materials, looking forward to getting going on this, so thanks a lot for the thread. I found a guy that made flashcards for the test online, maybe you can confirm the accuracy. I'll do the same when I get my materials next week.

Can't post links yet so just search google "nasm ces flashcards" and its the quizlet link.

When do you plan on taking the exam? I'll definitely contribute what I can as I start studying.
    I think I could pass the test now if i took it especially considering its an open book test for anything you have trouble with. I could easily find the eccentric/concentric actions of muscles with my book (there will probably be a lot of these questions on the test) but I'm trying to learn them all on my own. Its very difficult b/c there are so many muscles to remember, i'm also trying to learn the locations of each.

The above are notecards for the practice exam. I have until the end of February to take the exam and I really want to know the material a little better than I do now. I think with the test still lingering I'm more inclined to study hard than if I were already certified as a CES so i'm holding off on the test.

CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Also, i posted on NASM's facebook and they told me we will NOT be tested on the manual muscle testing & ROM chapters. That is out of the scope of practice for a personal trainer and i guess people from many other professions go through the CES course. We can't use the MMT or ROM tests unless we're licensed so you don't really need to focus hard on those two chapters.

I'm spending most my time on concentric/isometric actions (eccentric actions are simply the opposite of concentric)....and i'm sure there will be plenty of questions on the various subsystems lateral, deep longitudinal, posterior/anterior oblique. So learn the muscles of those subsystems and what they do

brad626 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brad626 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brad626 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CharlottePT View Post
    I think I could pass the test now if i took it especially considering its an open book test for anything you have trouble with. I could easily find the eccentric/concentric actions of muscles with my book (there will probably be a lot of these questions on the test) but I'm trying to learn them all on my own. Its very difficult b/c there are so many muscles to remember, i'm also trying to learn the locations of each.

The above are notecards for the practice exam. I have until the end of February to take the exam and I really want to know the material a little better than I do now. I think with the test still lingering I'm more inclined to study hard than if I were already certified as a CES so i'm holding off on the test.

Thanks for the input man I really appreciate it. I just got my book today and yea it looks like learning every action and the muscles engaged is going to be very tedious to remember. Yea of course we could just have the book open when we take the test, but that kind of defeats the purpose of paying $600+ to be a "Corrective Exercise Specialist". I think I will take a similar approach you did, reading the book in its entirety firstly and then reviewing as needed. I'm glad to hear you felt Chapter 2 requires extra review, I'm reading it now and was starting to get a little overwhelmed, but this one stood out as a tougher chapter to you? Hopefully they aren't all this thick with information.

I don't have my NASM CPT, instead I have NESTA and ACE, so I can already tell it is going to make things a bit harder. My goal is to take the test in 20 days, so looks like I'm gonna be cramming pretty damn hard. If i have any tips along the way I will definitely share them here, and thanks again for the info.
    NESTA PFT
    ACE CPT
    NASM CES

yeah, i don't think you'll be able to pass the test in 20 days w/o the nasm cpt cause lots of the information i think is assumed you already went through the cpt course. Some information i recall is left out that i already knew from CPT.

Also chapter 2 after you read the book will be easier to go back to once you read the whole book and familiarize yourself w/ terminology.

deep longitudinal subsystem, anterior oblique, etc was a foreign language to me first time around but now i get it. I'd also say the online presentations are better w/ CES than CPT. More live instructors talking, more interactive quizzes, etc

krink1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CharlottePT View Post

I just ordered the course a couple weeks ago. I've flipped through the book a little but my strategy is to first watch all the online videos before reading. The videos in many ways aren't as complete as the book but it's giving me a basic overview so when I start reading, I have something to go on which will allow me to read through it much faster and understand it better. After reading the book I'll probably go back over the videos and then take the exam.

I was really tempted to just take the exam as soon as I got the course since it says you have three tries and I sailed through CPT but I fear too that if I pass, it will take the incentive away to really dig in deep. I find this stuff interesting and I really want to take it seriously.

Question-has anyone here passed this and gone further into corrective exercise? I'm curious what a next level course would be for more depth?

LordToranaga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello, I just joined this board because I wanted to share my experience with the personal training. You see, I used the information in my study for the CPT test, which I passed a couple of weeks ago. Thanks to all who post useful information to help others.

I'm now studying for the CES. It's surprising that it's online, open book. There does not appear to be much CES study material as you'll find for CPT. But here's a book that I used and it's great for explaining muscle movement, "Fitness Professionals' Guide to Musculoskeletal Anatomy and Human Movement." There's also a companion CD, Exercise Explorer. However, it's the Academic version. The trainer's version is great not only as a learning tool, but for use with creating client programs. Check out healthylearning.com.

I'll keep posting on my progress and any tips to help others.

Thanks and Cheers

LiliCancion is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiliCancion is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiliCancion is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiliCancion is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiliCancion is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiliCancion is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiliCancion is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiliCancion is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiliCancion is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiliCancion is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiliCancion is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by EdgarAllanPoe View Post
    I find this to be much more difficult than the CPT, yet we can take the test at home on our computers, open book unlike the CPT. Below are most questions from the practice exam with the correct answer and the page # where the answer can be found. Some questions I didn't include because they were from the CPT and i knew them easy instantly after reading question. Feel free to add other study aids in this thread....

I've read the book, gone over all these questions and just started reviewed the chapter 2 eccentric/concentric/isometric actions of all muscles (gone through lower leg, quads, hams) and i think i would fail this test w/o a book at the moment.

The practice test really doesn't have any questions regarding ROM assessments and manual strength assessments...don't really know why they were included if we have to have some type of separate license to perform the MMT. If practice test has 0 questions on them i can't imagine the real test would have much more.

I'm so sorry if this has already been asked, but I just found this thread. Are these questions similar to questions on the CES exam? Unfortunately, my book just arrived, and I have until this weekend to learn (as best as possible) and pass the CES exam. I do plan to spend more time learning the material properly after this weekend, but for now, I really need to pass the exam. Any help would by greatly appreciated!

Lili

Sports & Fitness App Dev HigginsRan's Avatar
    HigginsRan will become famous soon enough. (+50) HigginsRan will become famous soon enough. (+50) HigginsRan will become famous soon enough. (+50) HigginsRan will become famous soon enough. (+50) HigginsRan will become famous soon enough. (+50) HigginsRan will become famous soon enough. (+50) HigginsRan will become famous soon enough. (+50) HigginsRan will become famous soon enough. (+50) HigginsRan will become famous soon enough. (+50) HigginsRan will become famous soon enough. (+50) HigginsRan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Currently studying for this too. I will be putting out a exam prep for the iphone/ipad once I pass (like I did for cpt). OP if you are interested in helping a bit send me a pm so we can work something out.
    Sports and Fitness iPhone App Site/Blog

www.TouchMint.com

bigrayjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LiliCancion View Post
    I'm so sorry if this has already been asked, but I just found this thread. Are these questions similar to questions on the CES exam? Unfortunately, my book just arrived, and I have until this weekend to learn (as best as possible) and pass the CES exam. I do plan to spend more time learning the material properly after this weekend, but for now, I really need to pass the exam. Any help would by greatly appreciated!

Lili
    This weekend is a fast if they had this test in a testing center no way you would pass. The material is more difficult then the CPT and I will guess you will still have a difficult time passing even with an open book. But, on a lighter side being you can take the test three times you probably will pass. There is an application also on the CES on android and iphone which is ok and a few of the question or on the test. Good luck

DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just do as much as you can with what you have. Study study study. Just a tip though- you have three chances at the CES exam. The questions do not change from exam to exam. If you fail the first time, the test will be the exact same the second time through. If you wanted to cheat(not really advising) it would be easy to take the time to write down every single question and find the answers. Might take an hour or two, but it'll be a guaranteed way to pass the test. On a side note, the CES book is filled with a lot of good information, and unlike the CPT book, can actually be considered worth buying.
    NASM- CPT, CES, PES.

Pursuing degree in Health Care Admin.

Training consultant to Paramount Studios.

LiliCancion is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiliCancion is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiliCancion is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiliCancion is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiliCancion is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiliCancion is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiliCancion is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiliCancion is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiliCancion is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiliCancion is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiliCancion is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bigrayjr View Post
    This weekend is a fast if they had this test in a testing center no way you would pass. The material is more difficult then the CPT and I will guess you will still have a difficult time passing even with an open book. But, on a lighter side being you can take the test three times you probably will pass. There is an application also on the CES on android and iphone which is ok and a few of the question or on the test. Good luck
    I'm building my study guide as we speak and won't sleep until it's done. Thank you for the response.

Originally Posted by DefyIsHuge View Post
    Just do as much as you can with what you have. Study study study. Just a tip though- you have three chances at the CES exam. The questions do not change from exam to exam. If you fail the first time, the test will be the exact same the second time through. If you wanted to cheat(not really advising) it would be easy to take the time to write down every single question and find the answers. Might take an hour or two, but it'll be a guaranteed way to pass the test. On a side note, the CES book is filled with a lot of good information, and unlike the CPT book, can actually be considered worth buying.

I hear what you're saying. I really do want to learn the info., I just have to "be" certified in this by Monday. My book arrived today, and I do plan on learning all of it...just have to get over this untimely hurdle first.

Thank you kindly for the response.

DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I hear what you're saying. I really do want to learn the info., I just have to "be" certified in this by Monday. My book arrived today, and I do plan on learning all of it...just have to get over this untimely hurdle first.

Thank you kindly for the response.
    No worries. If you have any other questions go for it. I won't lie, it's a little challenging, but you'll be fine if you study. Write down a ton of notes and keep them organized so you can use them during the exam. You have a good amount of time to complete it, just be careful of wasting time on to many questions. Don't get hung up!
    NASM- CPT, CES, PES.

Pursuing degree in Health Care Admin.

Training consultant to Paramount Studios.

Originally Posted by DefyIsHuge View Post
    No worries. If you have any other questions go for it. I won't lie, it's a little challenging, but you'll be fine if you study. Write down a ton of notes and keep them organized so you can use them during the exam. You have a good amount of time to complete it, just be careful of wasting time on to many questions. Don't get hung up!
    You rock! Thank you again!!! Time to get to building my study guide.

LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Before I say anything else, good luck and it is great that everyone is so helpful. HOWEVER, people really should not be copying and pasting, especially verbatim, any test questions and answers anywhere...at all! It is great to help people, and I definitely support doing so, but anything more than general tips/help/assistance/whatever is going against the contract you signed when you agreed to take any NASM exam or materials.

The NASM material does clearly state that you are not allowed to do what is done pretty commonly around here. I'm sure no one over at NASM is going to come on here and file a lawsuit against anyone or anything but I am also pretty sure they would be within their rights to do so.

Just a cautionary word.
    Again, good luck.
    You give something up for everything you gain

brunozo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi

I am thinking to do CES.

At this point my doubt is what is the best option the NASM offer Self-Study? Self-Study with Workshop? CES Online Classroom? or CES All Acess?

Can anyone give me a tip?

Thanks for all support

LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I believe it depends on your individual learning style. Personally, I learn better in a classroom setting where I can ask an instructor questions, listen to what others have to say, figure out new ways to comprehend material, get a better understanding of what is actually important (instructors tend to make their students focus on the most important info) etc. If you are not forced into self study, I would go with online classroom.
    If you are currently in a situation where time is a precious commodity, self study may be the best, and maybe the only, option.
    You give something up for everything you gain

RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm getting ready to take my CES test in the next couple days. Passed my CPT test in May and go a job within a week. I'm also studying senior fitness and nutrition.

I'm going to look into PES after I finish the ones I already paid for.

Thanks for the post Mr Poe

RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Passed my CES test this morning. I'll be working on my SFS next then FNS
    "You got soul and everybody knows that its alright".....Curtis Mayfield........"Eat to be strong weights and reps"....Me....."leave the gun take the cannoli".....Fat Clemenza

"Believin is alright just don't believe in the wrong thing"....Sonny Boy Williamson

"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill"......Paul Barrere Little Feat

Originally Posted by RT1957 View Post
    Passed my CES test this morning. I'll be working on my SFS next then FNS
    Congratulations!! I'm still working on my study guide but hoping to pass my test today.

LateralusRok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LateralusRok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LateralusRok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Looking to get started on this soon too.

Lili

I passed! I passed! Four days...whew was that a hard test. I do plan on going back and learning this properly.

bigrayjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I passed! I passed! Four days...whew was that a hard test. I do plan on going back and learning this properly.
    Congrats,

Yea, the book has alot of good material to learn. I know if I had to take that test when I first took it like the CPT I would fail. After, many months I am just starting to know the material well. Also, alot easier if you can apply it to clients. Are you currently working or training anybody? Will sure help. good luck in your career.

Glad to hear you passed...
    "You got soul and everybody knows that its alright".....Curtis Mayfield........"Eat to be strong weights and reps"....Me....."leave the gun take the cannoli".....Fat Clemenza

"Believin is alright just don't believe in the wrong thing"....Sonny Boy Williamson

"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill"......Paul Barrere Little Feat

Originally Posted by bigrayjr View Post
    Congrats,

Yea, the book has alot of good material to learn. I know if I had to take that test when I first took it like the CPT I would fail. After, many months I am just starting to know the material well. Also, alot easier if you can apply it to clients. Are you currently working or training anybody? Will sure help. good luck in your career.
    Thank you! I start as a trainer tomorrow. I'm very nervous but super excited!!

I just passed my Senior fitness exam so this week I got my CES and my SFS certifications from NASM.