The_Diesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Diesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Diesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Diesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Strength Training with Power Bands?

Has anyone ever used these before? I went out and got some last week. I got the #4 band, say its good for squat and bench. I am finishing up my current program, and then I want to try to incorporate the power bands at least once or twice a week.

Can anyone give me some feedback on what they've tried, what they've gained, do they work, do they suck? Also, I tried them when i got them, and i attached them to a 120 lb db, but didnt notice too much resistance on bench.

I want to use them to try to break current plateau on bench. Can anyone help me out?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by The_Diesel View Post
    Has anyone ever used these before? I went out and got some last week. I got the #4 band, say its good for squat and bench. I am finishing up my current program, and then I want to try to incorporate the power bands at least once or twice a week.

Can anyone give me some feedback on what they've tried, what they've gained, do they work, do they suck? Also, I tried them when i got them, and i attached them to a 120 lb db, but didnt notice too much resistance on bench.

I want to use them to try to break current plateau on bench. Can anyone help me out?
    I have personally never used them, but have heard good things. It's nothing to base your routine off of, but they definitely have their place. If you're trying to break a plateau, see this article for some tips:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=460325
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

The_Diesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Diesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Diesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Diesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump.

Anyone??
    Geez Dad, He's Big - Lou Ferrigno talking to Matty Ferigno about Arnold Schwarzenegger

immune to overtraining gollybegully's Avatar
    gollybegully is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gollybegully is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gollybegully is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gollybegully is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gollybegully is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gollybegully is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gollybegully is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gollybegully is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gollybegully is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gollybegully is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gollybegully is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    no but I just posted a similar thread a few days ago....i want to give it a try but I bench solo with no squat rack...im kinda concerned about getting stuck...this article inspired me http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/schultz38.htm
    The iron never lies

grow stronger comrade rockhuddy's Avatar
    rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Check the articles sections here:

http://www.elitefts.com/articles/Cur...es/default.asp
    http://www.westside-barbell.com/articles.htm
    http://www.deepsquatter.com/strength/archives/index.htm

Look for anything involving speed training, accomodating resistance, or circa maxing. This article is a good place to start:

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....body_127resist
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams