jasclew is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Having difficulty getting back in the gym

Im 38 and use to gym regularly, had a few failed attempts to get back to the gym after broken ribs, job changes and moving, depression, but what really changed my perception of it all was reading about the results steroids could give, i realised i could make better muscle gain if I never went to the gym and just took steroids, than if I worked out hard 3 times a week, that mindset just made me thing why bother.

I always had Arnie as my inspiration in my 20's, I knew i'd never get anywhere near his physique but it inspired me. When I read about his long term use of steroids I stopped believing in Arnie, not that I'm against steroids but I felt lied to by Arnie and the industry. Of course putting in the hard work and dedication and eating right means everything, but I just couldn't see him as a realistic source of motivation, in fact not the mag cover guys with buldging muscles and their tips, not the hollywood actors, they all take steroids.

Even as a type this, the guy in the images in the adverts above and on the side uses steroids, he claims to be drug free, but the usual thing is they all claim to be natural and yet later get exposed/found out as using steroids. I mean if you have a business selling work out plans, supliments and equipment the last thing you want is anyone to know you do steroids to get those looks.

I looked more in to results of steroids and how to spot users etc, I found stats a guy could do no gym and still get more muscle gain than if he hit the gym 3 days a week natural. I can't seem to get motivated to bust my ass exhausting myself knowing that. I was a member of a forum where one of the guys started discussing his gains on steroids and converted a few of the others to do steroids their gains were incredible and it made me lose hope further, that either I have to do them too or don't bother.

I know ultimately I have a motivation issue because I don't enjoy being exhausted anymore, and working out hard for little gain when I now know most people in the media, movie stars and advertising all take steroids and have these quick transformations, while bull****ting their success was purely all down to dedication exercise and diet but neglect to mention the steroids.

What keeps you motivated while knowing stroids would give you more gains doing nothing than natural hitting the gym hard?

(Apologies for the ranting moan about steroids, note I dont care to discsuss if they're bad or good or side effects, they clearly work too well but they're illegal)
    Last edited by jasclew; 06-02-2017 at 02:38 AM.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    So, to sum it up, you don't want to go to the gym and put in the effort as a natural because a juicer can make more gains? Really? That's your excuse? (BTW, juicers STILL have to lift...)