RaoSupes is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaoSupes is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaoSupes is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaoSupes is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaoSupes is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaoSupes is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaoSupes is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaoSupes is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaoSupes is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaoSupes is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaoSupes is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Will gaining more weight ABSOLUTELY help me get stronger alot?

Hey guys, it's been a while since I was last on here. I switched from Wendler's 5/3/1 program to Faleev's 5x5 program in hopes of making massive gains in strength. The program only entails doing the Bench, Squat, and Deadlift for 5x5. Here's the outline of the whole program:

Monday: Heavy Squat 5x5
    Tuesday: Heavy Bench 5x5
    Wednesday: Heavy deadlift 5x5
    Thursday: Light squat (80% of the weight I use on my Heavy Squat day) 5x5
    Friday: Light Bench (80% of the weight I use on my Heavy Bench day) 5x5

If I get 5 sets of 5 reps for a certain weight I use on my Heavy Squat day or Heavy Deadlift day then I can add another 10 lbs. for that lift on that respective Heavy day next week.

If I get 5 sets of 5 reps for a certain weight I use on my Heavy Bench day then I can add another 5 lbs. for the bench on the next Heavy Bench day next week.

If I don't get 5 set of 5 reps for the working weight I use for one of the three big lifts then I just stick with that same weight and try again next week to get 5 sets of 5 for that weight on that lift.

I am on my 8th week on the program; however, I've only gained 5 lbs. on my 1RM bench and nothing more on either my deadlift or squat ever since I started the program. I have followed the program to the T and without adding any assistance or isolation exercises into the program at all.

My current 1RMs for the bench, squat, and deadlift are:

Bench: 240 lbs.

Squat: 340 lbs.

Deadlift: 460 lbs.

I am 29 years old, 5'9", 163 lbs. (in the morning after I pee w/ only underwear on)

So, considering that I am still relatively light, and people in the past have told me that I should eat more, would gaining another 5 lbs. or more of weight on me GUARANTEE that I will gain much more muscle mass and strength, provided that I continue working out hard and consistently on a proper program?

JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No way to guarantee that. On general people get stronger when gaining weight (more calories in) but some peoples body react completely different the heavier they get.

At your weight and height yes, it will more than likely lead to strength, but no one can GUARANTEE it.

jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonglo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It doesn't take a genius to figure out that our muscles move the weight and a bigger muscle has more potential for strength. Also being in a caloric surplus and continuously overfed gives us energy to perform at a higher level. Why do you think strength sports have weight classes? In general, more heavy athletes are stronger than lighter athletes (at similar training level). The problem with that sentence are the words "in general."
    No one can possibly guarantee this will work for individuals, and even if they did, you shouldn't put stock into the guarantees of random people on the internet.

Maybe you need assurances to gain 5lb because you don't want to risk losing your skinny-guy-abs, or the vein on your bicep might not be as visible. If being underweight is important to your life then just remain at your current weight. If getting stronger is more important, try gaining some weight. Taking small risks without someone holding your hand is what makes life interesting.

Beachmuscles13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beachmuscles13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beachmuscles13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beachmuscles13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beachmuscles13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beachmuscles13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beachmuscles13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beachmuscles13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beachmuscles13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beachmuscles13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beachmuscles13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JRMoore82 View Post
    No way to guarantee that. On general people get stronger when gaining weight (more calories in) but some peoples body react completely different the heavier they get.

At your weight and height yes, it will more than likely lead to strength, but no one can GUARANTEE it.
    This ^
    “No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” Socrates

You can see lifting videos and follow me on instagram @zacherymassey

DarkHorse500 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkHorse500 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkHorse500 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkHorse500 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkHorse500 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkHorse500 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkHorse500 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkHorse500 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkHorse500 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkHorse500 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkHorse500 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    At your body weight and height yes

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It depends what kind of weight gain.
    If it's mostly muscle and you've trained for strength then probably yes.
    Just because you gain weight doesn't mean your going to get stronger.
    It's muscle mass that helps determine strength with weight gain as long as your training for strength.

PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Depends what you mean by stronger. I compete in two different weight classes. My weight totals are noticeably higher at the heavier weight class but my Wilks Score is higher at the lighter weight. I've gone back and forth. My next meet in July I will be at the heavier weight class but hope to carry those gains to the IPL Worlds in November at the lighter weight class. Every cycle where I eat at a surplus and gain weight I make noticeable gains, but can't say the same when maintaining.
    Elite Powerlifter Masters Divison 50-54
    USPA PR @123lb (pounds): SQ 303.1 - BP 248 - DL 391.3 Wilks 394.37
    USPA PR @132lb (pounds): SQ 341.7 - BP 248 - DL 430
    16 State / 15 American / 10 World Records / 2 ATWR / 3x Best Lifter Award
    IG: fit.wraith

Domf3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domf3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domf3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domf3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domf3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domf3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domf3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domf3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domf3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domf3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domf3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In my experience it's easier to move heavier weight when my bodyfat creeps over 12%. I'm around 15% now and hitting PR's way more often than when I had my lower abs showing.

When I went from 185 to 200 pounds by eating more calories and eliminating most cardio, Bench increased the most, followed by squat, then deadlifts. I don't feel that much benefit from being heavier when I deadlift.
    RAW Lifts at 205lbs: Squat 455x7, Bench 445x3 (close grip), Deadlift 650 (conventional)
    Contact me for training inquiries

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)

my advice

Originally Posted by RaoSupes View Post
    Hey guys, it's been a while since I was last on here. I switched from Wendler's 5/3/1 program to Faleev's 5x5 program in hopes of making massive gains in strength. The program only entails doing the Bench, Squat, and Deadlift for 5x5. Here's the outline of the whole program:

Monday: Heavy Squat 5x5
    Tuesday: Heavy Bench 5x5
    Wednesday: Heavy deadlift 5x5
    Thursday: Light squat (80% of the weight I use on my Heavy Squat day) 5x5
    Friday: Light Bench (80% of the weight I use on my Heavy Bench day) 5x5

If I get 5 sets of 5 reps for a certain weight I use on my Heavy Squat day or Heavy Deadlift day then I can add another 10 lbs. for that lift on that respective Heavy day next week.

If I get 5 sets of 5 reps for a certain weight I use on my Heavy Bench day then I can add another 5 lbs. for the bench on the next Heavy Bench day next week.

If I don't get 5 set of 5 reps for the working weight I use for one of the three big lifts then I just stick with that same weight and try again next week to get 5 sets of 5 for that weight on that lift.

I am on my 8th week on the program; however, I've only gained 5 lbs. on my 1RM bench and nothing more on either my deadlift or squat ever since I started the program. I have followed the program to the T and without adding any assistance or isolation exercises into the program at all.

My current 1RMs for the bench, squat, and deadlift are:

Bench: 240 lbs.

Squat: 340 lbs.

Deadlift: 460 lbs.

I am 29 years old, 5'9", 163 lbs. (in the morning after I pee w/ only underwear on)

So, considering that I am still relatively light, and people in the past have told me that I should eat more, would gaining another 5 lbs. or more of weight on me GUARANTEE that I will gain much more muscle mass and strength, provided that I continue working out hard and consistently on a proper program?
    most likely you would benefit lean bulking if mass and strength are your goals.Solid lifts at your bodyweight though man. Good luck man!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Take about 6 months to add 20lbs to your frame, making sure the extra food is meat, fish, and vegies. You'll get stronger and bigger and most of what you add will be lean mass.

I don't think the exact programme you use is the key issue at this stage. You're just small - or small for someone lifting those weights.