askittle99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

1 month bodyweight program to start muscle building journey

(Skip to the asterisk if you dont wanna read the background)

So ive lifted at three different points in my life but I always ended up failing.

1st was my first season of football when i was embarrassed to lift in front of my stronger teammates and cheated myself often.

2nd was my second time playing football my junior year of HS and again, I was behind the curve so I never pushed myself due to ego. I did get "up" to 135 on bench 180 on squat but my form was always trash and i cheated my reps constantly.

I went back to the gym a few months ago but i was weak as hell and gave up.

Next month ill be back in range of a gym again and Im going to sign up. I realize though that just sitting around and doing nothing until then is pointless and want to utilize calisthenics and bodyweight programs for the next month to prepare myself. I figure if i can lift my bodyweight by the time i go back to the gym ill be much more comfortable.

* So I want to build beginners muscles all over through calisthenics and bodyweight exercises so that when i go to the gym in a month i can lift more confidently and have a headstart so to speak. I can barely do like 10 pushups, 1 pullup, etc right now. Yes im THAT much of a beginner.

What calisthenics program/form building programs would you suggest I do that last a month? Im gonna be eating 3000 calories a day with 180g protein (1g per lb) along with this workout.

TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A month of bodyweight exercises won't give you a "headstart" of any kind. When you begin to move some actual weights and do the exercises, that'll put some muscle on you, you still need to learn proper form. Learning how to squat, bench, row etc... so get into the gym and start learning...

askittle99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TheViking1992 View Post
    A month of bodyweight exercises won't give you a "headstart" of any kind. When you begin to move some actual weights and do the exercises, that'll put some muscle on you, you still need to learn proper form. Learning how to squat, bench, row etc... so get into the gym and start learning...
    I cant. I wont have access to a gym until late June. And im looking for a program that will help me improve my form so that when i get to the gym im comfortable with the motions. Calisthenics definitely help, its not like they do nothing.

TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by askittle99 View Post
    I cant. I wont have access to a gym until late June. And im looking for a program that will help me improve my form so that when i get to the gym im comfortable with the motions. Calisthenics definitely help, its not like they do nothing.
    It actually is like they do nothing, especially when you're only doing it for a month. And there's no amount of single-legged bodyweight squats that'll teach your body how to brace itself under the weight of a loaded barbell. Or how to press through your heels, instead of your toes. You can believe whatever bullshít, you want to, but you'll be sorely dissappointed, once you finally pick up the weights again. You can't improve the form of an exercise, unless you're actually doing the exercise.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can't improve your form doing barbell exercises without having a barbell...

That's like saying I'm improving my surgery skills by working on my car.

2 different things
    OG

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    if you want to do calisthenics that's fine. better than nothing. however like Viking said it won't teach you the basics and the mechanics of barbell training and you won't build an appreciable amount of muscle in a month, especially just doing high rep calisthenics.

and also

what will prevent you from quitting the 4th time? If you've quit all of those times before.
    positivity brah crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so screw it crew
    anti-degen crew

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Start Lifting it will help

(Skip to the asterisk if you dont wanna read the background)

So ive lifted at three different points in my life but I always ended up failing.

1st was my first season of football when i was embarrassed to lift in front of my stronger teammates and cheated myself often.

2nd was my second time playing football my junior year of HS and again, I was behind the curve so I never pushed myself due to ego. I did get "up" to 135 on bench 180 on squat but my form was always trash and i cheated my reps constantly.

I went back to the gym a few months ago but i was weak as hell and gave up.

Next month ill be back in range of a gym again and Im going to sign up. I realize though that just sitting around and doing nothing until then is pointless and want to utilize calisthenics and bodyweight programs for the next month to prepare myself. I figure if i can lift my bodyweight by the time i go back to the gym ill be much more comfortable.

* So I want to build beginners muscles all over through calisthenics and bodyweight exercises so that when i go to the gym in a month i can lift more confidently and have a headstart so to speak. I can barely do like 10 pushups, 1 pullup, etc right now. Yes im THAT much of a beginner.

What calisthenics program/form building programs would you suggest I do that last a month? Im gonna be eating 3000 calories a day with 180g protein (1g per lb) along with this workout.
    Eat more and do pull ups,push ups and try to get access to a gym it help help tremendously especially on your leg development nothing is better than squats,deadlifts, presses etc for a football player. Many of the great football athletes lift weights and eat like crazy whats your stats at and what position do you play?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class

vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Look into military style training guides.