Thread: Two-A-Day

geertpexsters is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Two-A-Day

I was wondering if it would be alright to train the chest in the morning and shoulders and triceps in the evening?

I was thinking about this program:
    Day 1: AM: back - PM: biceps, abs
    Day 2: AM: chest - PM: shoulders, triceps
    Day 3: AM: quads, hams - PM: glutes, calves
    Day 4: rest
    ... and repeat.

In the morning, I can train in the fully equipped gym at work. In the evening, I have my dumbbells, barbell and bench at home.

The afterburn of two (shorter) sessions a day should help with losing fat, right?

Any thoughts?

TIA

zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don`t see anything wrong with it if you are doing it to save time or because of your schedule.

If you are doing it for the "Afterburn" I would say it is not worth it. The amount of extra calorie you are going to burn from a small evening arm session is insignificant.

geertpexsters is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The main reason is my schedule, yes. My main concern is overtraining my shoulders by splitting a ‘push’ session into a morning chest session (in which the shoulders are also used) and an evening shoulders + tri session.

zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think it will be fine. If you are a little stiff or tight from the morning chest session just do a little extra warmup or mobility in the evening.

vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Should be okay. Could also do complementary muscles together then another group in the evening, allowing you to hit the same muscles more frequently but allowing for more rest/off days. Back/Bi morning, Chest/Tri evening. Legs/Abs morning, Shoulders evening. Rest. Repeat..