sunflakes is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Probably injured myself after hitting the Gym after almost 2 years

Hello there! This is my first post here, I hope i'm posting this on the correct forum.
    I am a 24 years old male 5 ft 10 inches tall and weigh about 110 pounds. Right from my childhood I have always been a skinny kid and now I am probably the skinniest guy in my age group. I am skinny to the extent that people mistake me with a person with some deadly decaying disease who isn't gonna live very long even though I can confirm that I am a totally healthy person and apart from some mild digestion issues I don't have any kind of diseases.

So, two years ago I joined my local Gym. I live in a small village in India and the Gym is even smaller with no trainer available. I quit it after a month or so(11-12 days of work out roughly). After almost two years I went there again yesterday evening.

Before i went to work out I took roughly 12-14 g of Muscletech Creatine Essetial. There, without doing any free hand stretches or anything I started doing the dumb bell bicep curls and i did it with much bigger weight than I'm used to and I also did some bench presses (with bigger weight) and squat without weight and some leg presses.

The gym was hot like a boiler room of a ship and i was sweating like a leaked water balloon the whole time .After 45-50 mins of working out I felt a vomiting sensation in my stomach and i quit what i was doing immediately and went to sit on a bench just bellow the fan. After a few seconds my head was spinning and my vision went white and i felt like passing out, I didn't pass out though, a guy who was working out with me helped me sit down and gave me some water which made me feel better almost instantly but my body was still numb especially my hands. It took me about 5-10 mins to recover.

Then I came back home and took another 10g of creatine and almost a quarter gallon of water and two bananas. After an hour later I ate my dinner and went to sleep.

The fun began this morning, MY entire body is okay. But i can't straighten my right arm up. I mean I can if i really try it hard, but it hurts a little when I am doing so. It won't go all the way back and when I am trying to stretch it forcefully there is a muscle in my forearm I don't know what it's called(it's exactly below the joint and on the flat surface of the forearm). This muscle is iron stiff it's like a rock. My left hand is fine though.

Now, the reason i'm typing this wall of text with a sore hand is because I need to know a couple of things.
    First, why did I almost pass out and second why is this thing happening with my arm?? Is it damaged somehow? I didn't hear any pops or tears during workout neither did I have any pain after working out last night.

Yesterday, I ate my lunch at 4 o'clock in the evening and didn't eat anything till 8 o'clock in the night when I went to the gym. Some guys at the gym told me that was the reason I passed out. And is there any way to fix my arm? And is this okay for me to keep doing exercise without any trainer available? We don't have a better gym here. The boys at the gym doesn't mind helping people out. Thanks in advance

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It takes time for your body to adapt to the exertion of weight training. This is why you should start slowly and progress incrementally every time you go.

Both the light headedness and the DOMS (soreness the next day) will reduce over time. Your best bet is to get on an expert designed novice routine like Fierce 5. This might look different to what a lot of the regular gym rats are used to but it's the smart choice.

TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You're probably experiencing 3 things:

1. Why are you taking 24g of creatine? Creatine can lead to stiff joints if you're not taking in enough water (and you're taking a stupid amount). This could be issue number 1.

2. You have DOMS. Google it - it's nothing to worry about and it's normal. Everyone experiences it - and as you're new to lifting the pain can be unbearable at times.

3. The guys you spoke to are right - you need to eat. You're significantly underweight and not fuelling your body. Eat, then eat some more, then eat some more again.

Finally - you're better off following a routine instead of doing random exercise. Pick one of them in the stickies.
    Current lifts (23/02/2017) 1RM @ 175lbs (5'8")

S: 484
    B: 352
    D: 572

Thanks a lot SuffolkPunch and TailEnd for your quick responses. I really appreciate it. Yes, taking that amount of creatine and killing my muscles with so much weight on the first day was a very very stupid idea. I did use the instruction that was given on the bottle but I think I personally don't need that much creatine to load into my system. Does 5-7 grams per day sound good? Yesterday was the first time I took creatine and today I have taken only 5 grams.

Now I have one final question regarding creatine, I have tried to google it but was unsuccessful at finding the exact answer I was looking for.
    Is there a specific kind of diet plan I need to follow while on creatine. I know a few, like I have completely stopped drinking tea(used to drink almost 6-7 times a day) from yesterday. But is there any requirements on the amount of calories I should be consuming through my daily food? I eat about the same amount most people of my age eats, Normally. I mean I eat till I am full and i eat 4 times a day and the food usually contains carbs, veggies and protein(fish mainly).
    Do i need to increase the amount while I am taking creatine?
    And thanks a lot for the "Fierce 5" recommendation.

vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Sounds like you were dehydrated and potentially hypoglycemic.

1185Bco will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1185Bco will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1185Bco will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1185Bco will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1185Bco will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1185Bco will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1185Bco will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1185Bco will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1185Bco will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1185Bco will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1185Bco will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How much/what do you eat per day?

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Take 5g of creatine a day.

Eat more food. Then eat more food.

Blitzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blitzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blitzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blitzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blitzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blitzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blitzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blitzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blitzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blitzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blitzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Looks to me like u entered the Gym at 110pds thinking youd comeout at 145, you seem to be trying too hard.. ( which explains why u quit the last time around after 2 weeks), Read the stickies man.. Nutrition/Supplement/programs are all there. you won b big in 3 months, but in 3 years u might be hulk

Originally Posted by 1185Bco View Post
    How much/what do you eat per day?
    I take around 2500 to 2800 calories per day. Do you want me to list the food items?

The pain in my right forearm is gone but my bicep(right) hurts quite a bit when I'm moving my arm and especially when I'm trying to straighten it up. It's swollen and tight and feels heavier than my left bicep. I have identical pain on my left arm but it's much less and the left bicep isn't swollen or anything.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by sunflakes View Post
    I take around 2500 to 2800 calories per day. Do you want me to list the food items?
    How long have you been doing that? Has your weight changed in that time.

Yes, listing them may help.

Sorry for the delay SuffolkPunch , here it is.

For breakfast I eat 4-6 slices of brown bread with 2 tbspn of butter and 2 tbspn sugar, one boiled egg and one banana.

For lunch it's plain Rice (roughly 150g) , boiled Lentil(50-60g), Lots of veggies (cooked in light oil with very few spices) [50-70g] , one medium sized fish curry. Yogurt,

Afternoon snacks : Curd (100g) with rice pops (a full bowl). sometimes I also takes fruits like Mango(2), Guava(1), Apple(1) etc.

For dinner it's exactly same as lunch sometimes I add 2 boiled eggs and the fish curry changes into egg, chicken or mutton curry. So, Rice(150g), Boiled lentils(50-60g), Veggies (60-70g) a non-veg dish, and curd (100g).

To be honest I have started eating like this from the past couple of weeks. I used to skip breakfast before that a LOT, but the rest were same.

OK, you will need time to see what difference this makes. If you don't gain weight, you'll need to add more.

It looks like you might be rather low on dietary fat. This is important. It's probably worth putting these meals into myfitnesspal or similar. Make sure you are getting at least 1g of fat and 1.8g of protein for every kg of bodyweight each day.

You could also make sure that each main meal contains a minimum of 30g of protein - breakfast is probably short of this 30g target. And if you need to add more calories, add a pre-bed snack containing 30-40g of protein.

I think this will give you a better idea

imgur_dot_com/a/Jpnhc

Don't think it's 100% accurate though especially from my end :P . But it's pretty close. And if you cut out the 700 ish Kcals from it(for skipping breakfast) I've been eating more or less 2500 Kcals per day for quite some time which is more than my "daily goal" according to myfitnesspal.

1185Bco will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1185Bco will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1185Bco will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1185Bco will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1185Bco will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1185Bco will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1185Bco will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1185Bco will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1185Bco will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1185Bco will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1185Bco will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    OK, you will need time to see what difference this makes. If you don't gain weight, you'll need to add more.

It looks like you might be rather low on dietary fat. This is important. It's probably worth putting these meals into myfitnesspal or similar. Make sure you are getting at least 1g of fat and 1.8g of protein for every kg of bodyweight each day.

You could also make sure that each main meal contains a minimum of 30g of protein
    What he said. Im currently on a clean bulk and require 4000 calories a day to gain my lb per week. Some people just have a higher calorie requirement. If you aren't gaining weight and 2-300 more calories and reassess in a week or two.