Neeims is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile New to everything - Calisthenics

Hello, I found this forum to gather some information and look for help on reaching my goals.
    My name is Chandler, and I'm completely new to working out.. in general.
    I've been looking into Calisthenics because it seemed to be a great workout to train gross motor skills, and I'm looking to go into Rope Access as my career path. I will be hanging from ropes all day, in awkward positions and I'm not very physically fit, so I'm looking to make a change.

Size:
    5'-11" tall
    245 lbs

Daily activities: Currently working at a screenprinting company, so I'm on my feet for about 8 hours a day, no heaving lifting or anything. When I'm home I'm usually playing video games.

Diet:
    Breakfast: Oatmeal, no added sugar. Tea/Water.
    Lunch: Grilled Caesar salad, or grilled chicken wrap. Water.
    Dinner: Usually this is when things get unhealthy. I tend to just eat whatever my mom makes for dinner, southern cooked meals..

I have no real idea of where to start. I don't know what workouts to start with, and what sort of goals to set. Should I also include a better diet plan?
    I'm just trying to find a bit of direction. I will post pictures of my body type, and where I'm at.

I'm sick of the way I look, I have a hard time looking in the mirror, so posting these pictures is a huge step for me.
    I appreciate all the help you guys are willing to throw at me!

P.S, if there is any information I left out that would be helpful, please let me know and I will adjust the thread.
    Attached Images

vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vascularphreak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Functional style training may be what you are looking for. But the number one thing you need to do to "hang from ropes all day" is to lower your body fat %. Use a calorie counter like MyFitnessPal app and log all your meals. Breakfast and lunch sound okay, but watch out for calories in sauces (use sparingly or use low cal dressings). Aim for 2500 cals/day. 200 g protein, 150g carbs, 120g fat. Or you could do 200g protein, 50g carbs, 165g fat. The latter is probably best for your body type. If you stick to that diet, you will shed fat. Any exercise you do will be a bonus.