LemmeSmash is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bench still weak after 1.5 years

Alright this is getting frustrating. After training, eating and sleeping hard, my bench is only 85kg. Meanwhile my friends who put in the excact same effort have pressed 112kg ... One even weighs 69kg while I weigh 71kg. How is this possible and what should i do to break the plateau?

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what programs have you been running these 1.5 years? how much weight have you gained.

Do you have a video of you benching
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    what programs have you been running these 1.5 years? how much weight have you gained.

Do you have a video of you benching
    To add what's your eating regiment? Macros? Consistency?

Behdady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had the same problem like you a while back, I didn't improve on bench press, so I changed my workout routine a little bit and it helped. First of all I incorporated more negative sets into my workout, basically I would recommend to add 5-10kg on top of your current max weight and have a friend spot you to do negative reps. You won't be able to bring the weight up, however putting in down on your chest slow and controlled will increase your strength and give your chest a signal to get stronger for the next time you workout again.
    Also, I think it is important to workout heavier on your triceps. I did more heavy sets for my triceps and it helped me to improve my bench.

I hope it helps and good luck!

Originally Posted by LemmeSmash View Post
    Alright this is getting frustrating. After training, eating and sleeping hard, my bench is only 85kg. Meanwhile my friends who put in the excact same effort have pressed 112kg ... One even weighs 69kg while I weigh 71kg. How is this possible and what should i do to break the plateau?
    Bodybuilding is an art, your body is the canvas, weights are your brush and nutrition is your paint. We all have the ability to turn a self portrait into a masterpiece.
    - Kai Greene

Saiyanbrahh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Saiyanbrahh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Saiyanbrahh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Saiyanbrahh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Saiyanbrahh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Saiyanbrahh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Saiyanbrahh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Saiyanbrahh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Saiyanbrahh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Saiyanbrahh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Saiyanbrahh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    that doesnt sound weak lol comparing urself to some other is setting urself to failure
    Vegeta > Goku crew
    Cathedral Chants only gym playlist crew

Holocaust denial is illegal in over 18 countries. if an organized killing of jews happened so definitely, why would people need to serve prison sentences for questioning it?

Unmoggable Ass Pirate Slayermanlet's Avatar
    Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Higher frequency throw in weighted dips

I eat about 400 calories above my maintenance. Bench 2 times a week. Usually do something like 5*5, throw in some dumbell incline press, cable flies and then some tri's. Pretty sure I've gained around 11 kg.

It is weak when you're stuck on the same weight for a couple of months. Pretty sure that shouldn't happen in your first three years of training.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Change things up.
    As mentioned try different programming.
    Just because your friends are doing it doesn't mean it's good for you.
    At 17 you still have lots to learn.
    Work hard on your weaknesses the area of your bench press that's the hardest.
    If locking out weight is hard hit your triceps hard.
    If it's hard right off the chest hit the front delts hard.
    Work the upper back,get it thicker and stronger.
    Dont go heavy all the time.
    Most of your training should be in the 70 to 80 & range of your max single.
    A good training program will have you doing more in this range.
    Examine your technique on the BP to make sure your in the best position and moving the bar efficiently.
    Eating and recovery are very important for the long term goal.
    If you want a big bench focus most of your training on it and let nothing get in your way.
    If your just jacking around with your friends and training to train with them you are spinning your wheels.