Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes, the money from this does go to stop poachers.

OT Wonder what elephant tastes like, it must not be very good. You know if it were we'd be farming these fukers.

OrinHatred is not very helpful. (-500) OrinHatred is not very helpful. (-500) OrinHatred is not very helpful. (-500) OrinHatred is not very helpful. (-500) OrinHatred is not very helpful. (-500) OrinHatred is not very helpful. (-500) OrinHatred is not very helpful. (-500) OrinHatred is not very helpful. (-500) OrinHatred is not very helpful. (-500) OrinHatred is not very helpful. (-500) OrinHatred is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by US_Ranger View Post
    Source:

Worked on an anti-poaching team in Africa
    Username: US_Ranger

OrinHatred is not very helpful. (-500) OrinHatred is not very helpful. (-500) OrinHatred is not very helpful. (-500) OrinHatred is not very helpful. (-500) OrinHatred is not very helpful. (-500) OrinHatred is not very helpful. (-500) OrinHatred is not very helpful. (-500) OrinHatred is not very helpful. (-500) OrinHatred is not very helpful. (-500) OrinHatred is not very helpful. (-500) OrinHatred is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by anonkunbrah View Post
    what was his trade?
    Hygiene technician

momo5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) momo5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) momo5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) momo5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) momo5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) momo5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) momo5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) momo5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) momo5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) momo5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) momo5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nothing brave about killing a elephant, glad they elephant took him out when it died. Probably avenged his family from this ******* hunter.
    I just want to share the knowledge I have obtained throughout my life and hopefully change someone's life.

AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I never know what people mean by trophy hunting. Me and my realtor both hunt whitetail right across from each other. I meat hunt which means i shoot what i see. Does, yearlings, button bucks, dont care. He puts in way mpre time and energy and hunts over food plots and shoots monster bucks. We both eat everything. Ive never known a deer hunter not to eat a deer. I cant imagine a big game hunter NOT being a trophy hunter. Can a non hunter please explain your understanding of this nomenclature?
    do not read my posts and weep, i am not there i do not sleep
    i am the thousand greens that rep, i am the ban bet dutifully kept
    of memes and trolls in toasted breads, i am not there, i am not dead.

Dec4y has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dec4y has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dec4y has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dec4y has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dec4y has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dec4y has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dec4y has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dec4y has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dec4y has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dec4y has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dec4y has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AltarOfPlagues View Post
    I never know what people mean by trophy hunting. Me and my realtor both hunt whitetail right across from each other. I meat hunt which means i shoot what i see. Does, yearlings, button bucks, dont care. He puts in way mpre time and energy and hunts over food plots and shoots monster bucks. We both eat everything. Ive never known a deer hunter not to eat a deer. I cant imagine a big game hunter NOT being a trophy hunter. Can a non hunter please explain your understanding of this nomenclature?
    The understanding is probably - you can justify hunting deer because you eat them. A hunter Killing an animal just to kill one (ie Trophy hunting) is comparatively pointless and irrational.
    Always Pick #4
    850 FICO crew

AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AltarOfPlagues has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Dec4y View Post
    The understanding is probably - you can justify hunting deer because you eat them. A hunter Killing an animal just to kill one (ie Trophy hunting) is comparatively pointless and irrational.
    So presumably shooting and elephant, or deer in my case, taking parts of it, then leaving the carcus to rot? Does this practice actually exist? Leaving a deer would be like flushing money down the toilet.

I find wasted meat pretty reprehensible but i wonder if its just about wasted meat or its a question of "charismatic megafauna". Would people be so incensed if they saw someone throwing away a couple leftover chicken wings?

CopeyDan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CopeyDan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CopeyDan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CopeyDan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CopeyDan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CopeyDan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CopeyDan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CopeyDan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CopeyDan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CopeyDan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CopeyDan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    excellent news
    UK/SWISS CREW

bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    sho' wish there was video of the elephant squashing this POS...
    How you gonna rip it like that son? I don't play that, cause its action, I go... pat, pat, pat 'cause i'm black son! That's right, i'm the black sheep, the real black sheep. I'm the black sheep, the real black sheep. I'm the black sheep, the real black sheep.
    Doodle-it, doodle-it, doodle-it-doo!

US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mcdojo View Post
    Actually they investigated trophy hunting, and barely any of the fee that hunters pay even go towards the community/conservation of wildlife.

USA ranger is coping hard
    I understand you have a hard on for me but you have zero experience in the field of what you're talking about.

Yes, it's Africa and yes it's corrupt. I would have no doubt that many places hide the money somewhere when someone comes in and trophy hunts. That's not the case with a lot of places and the money is used to pay game scouts. All reserves have game scouts, it's the only way to stop poaching. Without game scouts, there is no trophy hunting because the poachers would kill everything. So, that money comes from somewhere. When some rich white guy comes in and drops 100k for some hunting expedition, the game scouts get their bonus for going along with him as well as their monthly stipend as long as the hunting continues. They don't get paid much at all (it's Africa after all) but they are the only thing stopping the poachers and they are funded by donations and hunters.

If you don't know what you're talking about, just don't post. It's pretty simple.

US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by StiffSproles View Post
    Right. Like the most corrupt continent on this planet siphons money to the appropriate causes. LOL!
    Who pays the game scouts?

Where does the money come from?

I'll wait.

No, I won't, I'll tell you. For the giant reserve I worked on, a very rich family that will remain nameless paid all the wages of the scout population for anti-poaching efforts. In return, they would come 1-2 times a year and do a 5-6 day hunt.

Source:

Worked on an anti-poaching team in Africa

Once again, a bunch of miscers who have ZERO experience in a field telling someone who does how it is. There was a thread like this about 5 years ago that blew up. I even had people threatening my life during the thread. It's amazing how stupid some people in here really are.

Originally Posted by residesinAZ View Post
    Yes, the money from this does go to stop poachers.

OT Wonder what elephant tastes like, it must not be very good. You know if it were we'd be farming these fukers.

Elephant trunk cooked over coals covered in banana leaves is a delicacy in some African areas. I never ate it myself but it's supposed to taste good.

ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by JaegerBrah View Post
    If karma exists, this is what it would look like.
    Fatality
    Don't do it cuz i can, i do it cuz you can't

MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Props to this guy for smashing in South Africa
    *Hole is Life Crew*
    *Meditation Crew*

residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Elephant trunk cooked over coals covered in banana leaves is a delicacy in some African areas. I never ate it myself but it's supposed to taste good.
    What about the other 2-4 tonnes lol. If its as good as cow, I think we're missing out.

Registered User OnDatPhaggyTyme's Avatar
    OnDatPhaggyTyme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OnDatPhaggyTyme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OnDatPhaggyTyme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OnDatPhaggyTyme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OnDatPhaggyTyme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OnDatPhaggyTyme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OnDatPhaggyTyme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OnDatPhaggyTyme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OnDatPhaggyTyme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OnDatPhaggyTyme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OnDatPhaggyTyme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

there you go, and you can tell the guy is an sjw yet still supports it
    You're gonna carry that weight.

Foxmulder0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foxmulder0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foxmulder0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foxmulder0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foxmulder0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foxmulder0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foxmulder0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foxmulder0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foxmulder0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foxmulder0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foxmulder0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FlexLex View Post
    Hope there is a special place in hell reserved for these fat white ****s that thing hunting magnificant animals like elephants is a sport.
    agreed 100%
    Truth is out there

alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000)
    When I hear news like this is makes me happy, I wish all these trophy hunters would get ripped apart by animals.

Foxmulder0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foxmulder0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foxmulder0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foxmulder0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foxmulder0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foxmulder0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foxmulder0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foxmulder0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foxmulder0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foxmulder0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foxmulder0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by latverian41 View Post
    i AGREE. AS FAR AS im concerned
    animals are people too.they have feelings and emotions.they want affection and to be treated well.

these ass holes who think its cool and some how machismo to shoot down an animal who has no self defense or weapon are scum bags

PHUCK THIS GUY
    I honestly think people who trophy hunt are psychopaths.

I mean cmon, putting animals heads on their wall to marvel at the work they've done? It's half s step away from being Ed Gein and Jeffrey Dahmer. Think bout it..

"Oh my my.. look at the wonderful dead head I have hanging on my wall. What a powerful being I am!"

If they couldn't get their fix from killing large animals, I wouldn't be shocked if they killed people.
    Truth is out there

thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thomas885 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    elephant cows....that's a new concept to me

Originally Posted by alphafreak View Post
    When I hear news like this is makes me happy, I wish all these trophy hunters would get ripped apart by animals.
    I dont understand this attitude. Do they deserve death because they wasted meat? Do you know up to 40% of the food in the US is wasted?

If you have an emotional reaction to a dead elephant (within a thriving population) over say, a dead pig, it is because you have anthropomorphised these creatures to a degree.

iainf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iainf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iainf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iainf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iainf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iainf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iainf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iainf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iainf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iainf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iainf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AlbinoScience View Post
    Feels good man. What a little b*tch, needs to go shoot rare animals with a f*cking gun to try to feel like a man. Sorry bud but you've still got a small dick and are now dead. Love feel good stories like this. Big game *******, I'd piss on your grave if it was anywhere near me.
    oh ok
    *Misc Strength Crew*
    SQ: 605lbs(no wraps/belt) BP: 375lbs DL: 716lbs beltless
    BW: 220lbs

Maxamanius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maxamanius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maxamanius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maxamanius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maxamanius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maxamanius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maxamanius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maxamanius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maxamanius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maxamanius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maxamanius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    good, fcking ******* killing animals for no reason other than his own entertainment.

Luke753 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Luke753 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Luke753 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Luke753 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Luke753 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Luke753 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Luke753 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Luke753 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Luke753 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Luke753 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Luke753 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yes, it's Africa and yes it's corrupt. I would have no doubt that many places hide the money somewhere when someone comes in and trophy hunts. That's not the case with a lot of places and the money is used to pay game scouts. All reserves have game scouts, it's the only way to stop poaching. Without game scouts, there is no trophy hunting because the poachers would kill everything. So, that money comes from somewhere. When some rich white guy comes in and drops 100k for some hunting expedition, the game scouts get their bonus for going along with him as well as their monthly stipend as long as the hunting continues. They don't get paid much at all (it's Africa after all) but they are the only thing stopping the poachers and they are funded by donations and hunters.
    Read all your posts. It's interesting regardless.

I just don't understand why you said many places are corrupt (hide the money) then many places aren't corrupt. That's contradictory (means some for the first part?), but this article talking about what you're talking up cleared some thoughts: http://www.conservationmagazine.org/...rica/#comments

It's from Conservation Mag, among all sites.

The negative comments are from the idea of trophy hunting, which many disagree with, no matter the benefits derived from it. Even some airlines banned shipping animal carcusses shipped from Africa. That's why it gets people riled up, on whatever site it may be.

And people seem to react like this to that idea (hopefully gif works):

blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I dont understand this attitude. Do they deserve death because they wasted meat? Do you know up to 40% of the food in the US is wasted?

If you have an emotional reaction to a dead elephant (within a thriving population) over say, a dead pig, it is because you have anthropomorphised these creatures to a degree.
    Are you an alien? People hate trophy hunters because they go out of their way to kill these creatures for no good reason, not hard to figure out why
    Jekyll Jekyll Hyde, Jekyll Hyde, Hyde, Jekyll!

Originally Posted by blckndyllw View Post
    Are you an alien? People hate trophy hunters because they go out of their way to kill these creatures for no good reason, not hard to figure out why
    Well then presumably eating an elephant is a good enough reason to shoot one, since we kill billions of animals then eat them as a culture. Im trying to show youre not hypothetically mad about the killing but about the not eating. Or that youre mad because elephants are your favorite animals, which is childish. I think you have a visceral emotional reaction because you grew up in a city watching cartoons with talking animals in them. Weve hunted animals for hundreds of thousands of years and im weird bc i think its ok to hunt?

Thai_Clinch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Thai_Clinch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Thai_Clinch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Thai_Clinch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Thai_Clinch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Thai_Clinch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Thai_Clinch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Thai_Clinch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Thai_Clinch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Thai_Clinch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Thai_Clinch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Ikeman83 View Post
    Places that banned trophy hunting have endangered big 5 populations. Places that allow trophy hunting at great expense have robust big 5 populations. It's almost like charging "fat old white guys" 5 figures to kill old, diseased, and/or overaggressive members of the herd while funding reserve maintainance and anti-poaching efforts is a more sustainable model than waiting on the locals to poach them to extinction because they're dirt poor and hungry...

As someone who also worked with networks for overseas hunts, we make sure that nothing like this is regarded as just senseless killings and/or poaching.

These tags are very very very limited and why they are so much money. they help preserve a lot. save a lot. these hunts do more good than anything. This is the biggest example of Online social media ignorance that I can see because everyone has gone full blown hippie, yet use items or eat food that causes the slaughter of other living species.
    Buccaneers/Lightning/Rays/The U

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength." - Arnold

This is the biggest example of Online social media ignorance that I can see because everyone has gone full blown hippie, yet use items or eat food that causes the slaughter of other living species.
    In my online experience ACTUAL hippie vegans have way more issues with factory farming than big game hunting.

Dec4y has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dec4y has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dec4y has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dec4y has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dec4y has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dec4y has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dec4y has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dec4y has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dec4y has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dec4y has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dec4y has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So presumably shooting and elephant, or deer in my case, taking parts of it, then leaving the carcus to rot? Does this practice actually exist? Leaving a deer would be like flushing money down the toilet.

I find wasted meat pretty reprehensible but i wonder if its just about wasted meat or its a question of "charismatic megafauna". Would people be so incensed if they saw someone throwing away a couple leftover chicken wings?
    Nothing to do with wasted meat. More to do with killing for 'sport'. Some people don't find it 'sporting' in the least or have trouble seeing how killing something could bring joy to you. The fact that you personally eat what you kill, makes the practice less senseless to me. Big game hunting is truthfully nothing more than a dick contest. I'd actually have less issue with it, if hunters were armed with a knife alone (we know who'd win most of the time though); seems like it would be more 'sporting'. It's not that it's animal cruelty or anything to me - it's just senseless - literally killing is what gets your jollies on.
    Always Pick #4
    850 FICO crew

Originally Posted by Dec4y View Post
    Nothing to do with wasted meat. More to do with killing for 'sport'. Some people don't find it 'sporting' in the least or have trouble seeing how killing something could bring joy to you. The fact that you personally eat what you kill, makes the practice less senseless to me. Big game hunting is truthfully nothing more than a dick contest. I'd actually have less issue with it, if hunters were armed with a knife alone (we know who'd win most of the time though) seems like it would be more 'sporting'. It's not that it's animal cruelty or anything to me - it's just senseless - literally killing is what gets your jollies on.
    The more primitive the tech you hunt with, the more lost, dead animals and the more pain the animal feels. You want people out here shooting a bull elephant 50 times with a recurve bow because it is more sporting?