dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Most likely daft question about calories and cardio

Okay, I know this is probably a stupid question, but I'm asking for clarification.

Okay, so my TDEE is about 3300. I'm cutting at 2800. 500 cal deficit right? If I then add cardio to the end of my workout, which takes me up to a TDEE of say 3600, would I then have to eat an additional 300 calories to stay within my 500cal deficit? Or does calories burned from cardio not matter too much on a deficit? In some places I've read it seems like that's the case, or is it still a case of calories in vs. calories out? As if I'm at a 800 calorie deficit (after cardio), I will lose more muscle to fat?

Probably not making any sense, but I hope someone understands what I'm trying to ask.

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No to eating what you think you burned at cardio which isnt accurate anyways

Yes to calories in/out

That calculated TDEE should have already contained the cardio in it to arrive at its estimation

Look more into real life data (then estimated TDEE) on whats going on with your cut based on mirror, clothes, scale, progress pics etc
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by boo99 View Post
    No to eating what you think you burned at cardio which isnt accurate anyways

Yes to calories in/out

That calculated TDEE should have already contained the cardio in it to arrive at its estimation

Look more into real life data on whats going on with your cut based on mirror, clothes, scale, progress pics etc
    Okay. I'm just a bit off as I have one of those fitbit activity trackers that measure calories burned by steps and workouts you've done, and the estimates I get are that I burn between 3300 - 3800 calories a day (no idea how accurate these things are btw and I acknowledge that (I'm 194cm and 216lbs btw too)) I can't then surely be able to cut on say 3300 calories can I? That seems madness, but I am quite active though (job and training).

Look more into real life data on whats going on with your cut based on mirror, clothes, scale, progress pics etc
    I guess this is the only real way to tell Thanks for the advice.
    Last edited by dreamopolis; 05-21-2017 at 02:48 PM.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dreamopolis View Post
    Okay. I'm just a bit off as I have one of those fitbit activity trackers that measure calories burned by steps and workouts you've done, and the estimates I get are that I burn between 3300 - 3800 calories a day (no idea how accurate these things are btw and I acknowledge that (I'm 194cm and 216lbs btw too)) I can't then surely be able to cut on say 3300 calories can I? That seems madness, but I am quite active though (job and training).

I guess this is the only real way to tell Thanks for the advice.

You are overthinking this a bit. Pick an amount of calories, if its 2800 its 2800.
    If after two weeks you've not lost any, eat less. if you're losing a lil to fast add a couple of hundred or so more calories.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    You are overthinking this a bit. Pick an amount of calories, if its 2800 its 2800.
    If after two weeks you've not lost any, eat less. if you're losing a lil to fast add a couple of hundred or so more calories.
    Hehe Yeah, I tend to do this actually. You're right, I'll go about it the way you two have explained. Thanks!

Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The way that I do it (not saying it is the correct way) is that I got an estimate of my TDEE using my stats and an activity level of "sedentary" because I do office work. Then I factor in my cardio using a calculator I found online for running and walking based on my stats and distance covered, and use the heart rate monitor on the elliptical machine at the gym (although for this reading I only take 60% of the calories burned as I know there is inaccuracies and to be more conservative that overestimate/overcompensate). I don't really factor in my weight sessions because truthfully I have no idea at all how many calories this would burn. This way a can gauge how I am tracking if I miss cardio or do extra cardio e.g my runs range from 5km up to 10km.

However having said all that - the real gauge is whether you are losing weight or not and adjust accordingly and any of the above measures of activity level, exercise and even calorie / macro tracking have room for error but steadily losing weight / fat over time is the best indicator of how you are going.