LAV8833 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Goalkeeper journey to.......

Due to injury and issues it's improbable that I will reach a high level of professional soccer at my age, which is 28. My aim is to study and coach goalkeeping and also play at a low level of sem pro, in the short term. Regarding long term goals: to many variables that could go wrong or right, especially injury.

Height: 191cm/6'3
    Weight: 245 pounds
    Body fat: 23 (ish) %

I'm currently looking at implementing the Bulgarian Squat method into my training after pre season, currently due to dieting and extensively doing cardio gaining strength is not my concern. Due to obviously not having to cover as much ground as an outfield player I can work extensively on gaining optimal levels of strength and especially explosive power

Other aim of mine is to get as fast as possible over 20-40 meters and enable me to cut out long balls over the defence as efficiently as possible. I did my first recording last week and over 25 meters it records at roughly 3 seconds, maybe add 300-500 milliseconds. Never going to be an Olympic sprinter or break records so an exact time in milliseconds is not overly interesting to me.

Well on my Youtube channel currently there is:

440 pound Deadlift: (with terrible form)

220 pound Push press

25 meter sprint: 3 seconds roughly

Some reaction drills and saves in one video.

Search for Law Abiding Viking on Youtube.

Plan is do like 2 hours training per day for the next 10 weeks. Due to working from home and also studying from home I don't have the pressure or stress of full time employment currently, so can sleep, eat and recover quite well.