Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Leg workout - just Squat?

My leg workout is basically just:

Barbell Squats 5x5
    Bulgarian Split Squats 3x5
    and thats really it lol. I also do shoulders afterwards on that day and I deadlift (4x5) on back day.

Can you make decent gains from just this (provided I go heavy ofc)?

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Might add some calves too, since the squats don't hit them.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You should probably get an actual program.

Regardless, you need something for hamstrings preferably.
    Could be a leg curl, or a deadlift variant like RDL.
    lighter and higher rep range than squats or deadlifts.

Personally if I were to have a squat day I'd have Front Squat in it too.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    Might add some calves too, since the squats don't hit them.
    Good point. Will add those in. ( Something like barbell calf raises???- if thats what there even called lol)

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    You should probably get an actual program.

Regardless, you need something for hamstrings preferably.
    Could be a leg curl, or a deadlift variant like RDL.
    lighter and higher rep range than squats or deadlifts.

Personally if I were to have a squat day I'd have Front Squat in it too.
    By the looks of the routine I'm doing a push/pull/legs.
    Since I'm still pretty much a beginner to weight lifting the weight is quite low (but ofc heavy for me for now) so I'm mainly just focusing on adding weight each week to my compound exercises.

Will have look into RDLs.- By lighter can give you give a rough estimate? Like would X 0.8 of your conventional DL be just about right?

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Westford View Post
    By the looks of the routine I'm doing a push/pull/legs.
    Since I'm still pretty much a beginner to weight lifting the weight is quite low (but ofc heavy for me for now) so I'm mainly just focusing on adding weight each week to my compound exercises.

Will have look into RDLs.- By lighter can give you give a rough estimate? Like would X 0.8 of your conventional DL be just about right?
    If you'd never done them I'd start at half of what you deadlift.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Westford View Post
    Good point. Will add those in. ( Something like barbell calf raises???- if thats what there even called lol)
    Standing calf raises to hit the gastrocnemius and fill out the upper part of the calf. Can do them with barbell or dumbbells, I do them on a vertical hack squat machine. Most important is to get a full range of motion with good form. Sink your heel down deep, pause, then raise and squeeze at the top.

The other poster is right about using a good program, and hitting hams.
    Last edited by ECGordyn; 05-21-2017 at 07:21 PM. Reason: typos

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    If you'd never done them I'd start at half of what you deadlift.
    Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    Standing calf raises to hit the gastrocnemius and fill out the upper part of the calf. Can do them with barbell or dumbbells, I do them on a vertical hack squat machine. Most important is to get a full range of motion with good form. Sink your heel down deep, pause, then raise and squeeze at the top.

The other poster is right about using a good program, and hitting hams.
    Thanks for your replies they have helped me greatly.

I have posted my routine on here so if either of you ( or both!) could have a quick glance over it I would greatly appreaciate it

ht tps://foru m. bodybuilding.co m/showth read.php?t=17410 1381&p=1505660791#post15 05660791

lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd recommend adding RDLs and Lunges. Maybe some sleds for conditioning if you have access to some.

For figuring out weight just work your way up from the bar until you find something that hits you around 10 reps. For lunges I suggest walking lunges with either dumbbells or a kettlebell.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    should add at the very least a hip-hinge and a knee flexion exercise (RDL's/Leg curls)
    positivity brah crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so screw it crew
    anti-degen crew