imweasel is just really nice. (+1000) imweasel is just really nice. (+1000) imweasel is just really nice. (+1000) imweasel is just really nice. (+1000) imweasel is just really nice. (+1000) imweasel is just really nice. (+1000) imweasel is just really nice. (+1000) imweasel is just really nice. (+1000) imweasel is just really nice. (+1000) imweasel is just really nice. (+1000) imweasel is just really nice. (+1000)

The road to nationals...

Hello, to anyone who should read this. Couldn't come up with a great name, but since my goal in 1 year is to qualify for USAPL nationals I guess that works.

About me:
    I'm Bill. I drive tractor trailers for a living, not long haul stuff although I did that for a time but I mostly drive around CT, NY, MA and I'm home every night. The only sport I've found myself a fan of has been MMA, I trained it for a while but a clash of heads almost 2 years ago gave me a bad concussion and that was about it for me. So I decided I'd like to lift big weights, problem was I never squatted or deadlifted on a regular basis. I always benched because I wouldn't be weak on my legs for grappling or anything.

Getting into powerlifting I was doing a 5/3/1 routine, but I found the volume wasn't high enough for me. I followed that up with a DUP routine for a few months, I made big gains in the squat and deadlift. Then I worked with an actual coach for my 1st meet who had me on a westside routine and I hit a 370 squat, 315 bench(not my best bench ever), and 463 deadlift. The guy I worked with is typically an olympic lifting coach, he helped me out a lot but I decided to hop into my own programming after the meet mostly because of financial reasons.

I have a routine I'll post up as well as some vids from my meet, just need to upload them.

I've been on a deload since my meet, and I'm also rehabbing my forearm. I have no limitations with the forearm that affect any exercise but pullups, so that's the only thing I'll be taking it easy on.

To give a general idea of how my routine looks I'm trying to get in the gym 5 days a week and the routines follows westside principles.

Monday will be a heavy squat day.
    Tuesday a heavy bench day with some deadlift accessories.
    Wednesday speed squats and accessories working on my sticking points.
    Thursday speed bench with tris and shoulders thrown in.
    Friday heavyish deadlifts with accessories.

My goals for the coming months are as follows:

Squat 405
    Bench 350
    Deadlift 500
    http://www.nearly-man.com

imweasel is just really nice. (+1000) imweasel is just really nice. (+1000) imweasel is just really nice. (+1000) imweasel is just really nice. (+1000) imweasel is just really nice. (+1000) imweasel is just really nice. (+1000) imweasel is just really nice. (+1000) imweasel is just really nice. (+1000) imweasel is just really nice. (+1000) imweasel is just really nice. (+1000) imweasel is just really nice. (+1000)
    Havent been able to get my vids, or lift in the way I would have liked. I got in the gym Tuesday and did the following:

Squat:
    135x5, 185x5, 225x3, 260x3x8.

Squat and a quarter(working on my sticking point):
    5x5 at 185

Split squat:
    5x5 at 135

Superset leg ext and leg curls:
    3 sets of 10 reps at 70 lbs each.

I finished it off with 10 minutes of hiit rowing, 30 secs on, 30 secs off.

Wednesday I did the following:

Bench:
    135x5, 185x5, 225x3x8.

Hex bar dls:
    3x5 @ 235

Good mornings:
    3x5 @ 135

Rack pulls:
    3x5 @ 235

Decline bench:
    5x5 @ 135

Havent been hitting it super hard this week work has been insane.
    http://www.nearly-man.com