JeanDamn is not very well liked. (-100) JeanDamn is not very well liked. (-100) JeanDamn is not very well liked. (-100) JeanDamn is not very well liked. (-100) JeanDamn is not very well liked. (-100) JeanDamn is not very well liked. (-100) JeanDamn is not very well liked. (-100) JeanDamn is not very well liked. (-100) JeanDamn is not very well liked. (-100) JeanDamn is not very well liked. (-100) JeanDamn is not very well liked. (-100)

If I had certified for training people how do I get a gym job afterwards?

If I had certified for training people how do I maximize my chances of applying to a job in a gym? For example there is a thread of in need trainers.

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JeanDamn View Post
    If I had certified for training people how do I maximize my chances of applying to a job in a gym? For example there is a thread of in need trainers.
    What is your cpt certification from?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class

JeanDamn is not very well liked. (-100) JeanDamn is not very well liked. (-100) JeanDamn is not very well liked. (-100) JeanDamn is not very well liked. (-100) JeanDamn is not very well liked. (-100) JeanDamn is not very well liked. (-100) JeanDamn is not very well liked. (-100) JeanDamn is not very well liked. (-100) JeanDamn is not very well liked. (-100) JeanDamn is not very well liked. (-100) JeanDamn is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by getbigordie18 View Post
    What is your cpt certification from?
    I don't have a certification. Can you answer the question?

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JeanDamn View Post
    I don't have a certification. Can you answer the question?
    NASM will help you get a job if you enroll in their course. I am not sure of other certifications.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class

Originally Posted by getbigordie18 View Post
    NASM will help you get a job if you enroll in their course. I am not sure of other certifications.
    The certification I want to do is from Wingate Institute in Israel.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This is like asking 'Once I get my drivers license, how do I get a Ferrari?"

One has nothing to do with the other. One enables the other, it isn't a constitute of the other.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    This is like asking 'Once I get my drivers license, how do I get a Ferrari?"

One has nothing to do with the other. One enables the other, it isn't a constitute of the other.
    Ok. Thank you.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    You will not do this, especially #1, but I will tell you anyway.
    1. get a trainer, and set moderately ambitious goals that will take 6-12 months to achieve - something hard enough that you'll have setbacks and have to figure out a way around them
    2. while doing this, start studying anatomy and biomechanics, and save some of your current income aside to keep you going while the below is getting you started as a trainer
    3. get a certification
    4. get a job at a big box gym, preferably a community gym like the Y rather than a commercial gym like Fitness First
    5. Never stand behind the gym desk; every day speak to at the gym at least one new person - doesn't have to be about fitness, and note down what they tell you in a little notebook immediately afterwards; refer to it and greet them next time, following up on something they told you - "how did your daughter's graduation go?" etc; assuming 48 weeks of 5 days a week, this is 250 new people a year
    6. every day teach someone new to barbell squat or deadlift, or whatever bunch of exercises you think are useful based on your experience in #1; again this will be about 250 people a year, it's okay if it's the same people as in the previous step
    7. do this for at least two years, so you will have spoken or coached the movement of 500-1,000 different people

Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    You will not do this, especially #1, but I will tell you anyway.
    1. get a trainer, and set moderately ambitious goals that will take 6-12 months to achieve - something hard enough that you'll have setbacks and have to figure out a way around them
    2. while doing this, start studying anatomy and biomechanics, and save some of your current income aside to keep you going while the below is getting you started as a trainer
    3. get a certification
    4. get a job at a big box gym, preferably a community gym like the Y rather than a commercial gym like Fitness First
    5. Never stand behind the gym desk; every day speak to at the gym at least one new person - doesn't have to be about fitness, and note down what they tell you in a little notebook immediately afterwards; refer to it and greet them next time, following up on something they told you - "how did your daughter's graduation go?" etc; assuming 48 weeks of 5 days a week, this is 250 new people a year
    6. every day teach someone new to barbell squat or deadlift, or whatever bunch of exercises you think are useful based on your experience in #1; again this will be about 250 people a year, it's okay if it's the same people as in the previous step
    7. do this for at least two years, so you will have spoken or coached the movement of 500-1,000 different people
    Ok. Thank you.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Apply in many places.
    This is the part of being a trainer is the business of promoting yourself.
    Experience and certifications go along way.
    Be able to do what your going to have your clients do proficiently.
    You will most likely be started at the very bottom,with a minimum wage and expected to sell nutritional products to clients and extended training packages.
    Most ads for trainers will be like i mentioned already requiring you to do selling as well as training so you need to have salesmanship skills to maximize chances.
    Working on your own is the best but also the hardest.
    You work for yourself but you have to hustle for clients.
    Think hard before you commit to be a trainer as your only income.
    Sounds good but you put in long hours for average pay.
    There probably isn't any place that will get you your own clients you have to do that yourself.
    Word of mouth is a great way to gain clients which means you need to be great at what you do for someone to recommend you.

Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    Apply in many places.
    This is the part of being a trainer is the business of promoting yourself.
    Experience and certifications go along way.
    Be able to do what your going to have your clients do proficiently.
    You will most likely be started at the very bottom,with a minimum wage and expected to sell nutritional products to clients and extended training packages.
    Most ads for trainers will be like i mentioned already requiring you to do selling as well as training so you need to have salesmanship skills to maximize chances.
    Working on your own is the best but also the hardest.
    You work for yourself but you have to hustle for clients.
    Think hard before you commit to be a trainer as your only income.
    Sounds good but you put in long hours for average pay.
    There probably isn't any place that will get you your own clients you have to do that yourself.
    Word of mouth is a great way to gain clients which means you need to be great at what you do for someone to recommend you.
    Ok. Thank you.

ablessedunrest has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ablessedunrest has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ablessedunrest has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ablessedunrest has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ablessedunrest has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ablessedunrest has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ablessedunrest has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ablessedunrest has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What I did is apply for as many non-rentals that I could reach easily (keeping a list so I could follow up) and then after the ones I interviewed with I would note down the ones that seemed better and then follow them up. I basically got my job because I was a nag and they seemed to like that and my eccentric personality. I guess I showed dedication or something.

When I was hiring people at my old job (non PT related) I would interview the people who's resumes were easiest to read, straight to the point and clearly displayed their abilities, qualifications and information. Then I would look for personalities that appeal to clients. Then I would look at the skills of the person and their ability to learn new tasks. If they were fixed in their way and refused to even acknowledge being trained for the way we do things (like greeting clients etc) then that would be a red flag for me as I would be looking for someone to work within a team. Just a perspective from the side of the employer (I didn't own the business, just managed).

Hopefully that helps.