Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Titan Fitness needs to listen to this!

Originally Posted by Hardgains88 View Post
    I know op already made purchased and went with the hampton. Its a slow news day and im having my coffee break so i wanted to add my thoughts for future searchers.
    I did the mega hex at a amazon steal deal below any reasonable price any other bar could e competitive, it was about $115 shipped, the shipping alone had to be close to half that for a 75 # bar.
    I have no complaints in terms if getting my money worth but would have gone another route if buying again.
    The mga hex good:
    Heavy and built like a tank
    Upper& lower handles are nice
    Regular collars work on sleeves
    1.25" ? Maybe a bit more even thick handles ( i am in the manority and prefer 30mm -35 mm grios over the standard 27-30 mm most seem to prefer even for pulling.
    Knurled grips also function as very effective exfoliant for hands! Lol some soecialty bars do not have knurling, so even a cheese grater is a plus here

Mega hex bad:
    Finish? I thought that was a shipping coating that wipes off once unpacked! Loll
    Handles are set a little too wide for me.
    Its so friggan heavy it doesn't make it back into the bar holder spot all too often
    No kick stand
    Not rackable

I cant say enough, if your on a tight budget and Amazin is running a sale on these, theres no better deal. I was orginally thinking that i would only do occational shrugs and deadlift and that fir the rare usage i would be more then happy.
    What i found though was that i liked the form factor and use it at least once a week, but would use it more often if i made another choice. A lit of us equipment forum guys firget how damn spoiled we are and how good our training experiance is compared to most lifters. Its not just the underwear dress code and the extended hours either. This was the first non rackable bar that i purchased in years. For deadlifting that wasnt a huge deal, but shrugs its a pain in the but to deadlift in place, then shrug... i know, i know,sounds ridiculous, but i just find my tolerence for any gym inconveniance is very very low! I hate having to use any bar from anything but the optimal starting pisotion, optimum set up fir any lift for me has become mandatory fir enjoyingthe movement.
    I also remember reading KBKB's review and thinking "a kickstand is nice, but for $200. More ill pass!" Then i actually had to start messing with lifting the end of the loaded bar and realized "$200. Isnt that high a price". If not getting a rackable version, this is an essential feature.
    That brings me to rackable. There arent too many out there, and fewer still woth all the features. I dont believe the hampton is rackable, and at that price i would have to have it fit in a rack. The BWTG and Many others are mising something from my prefered list:

Rackable
    Knurled grip
    High low handles
    Heavy duty construction
    1.25" grip
    Kickstand

This york seems similar to the hampton, and i think its rackable:

https://www.amazon.com/York-Barbell-.../dp/B0015UK9TG

This is probably the only bar that has all my prefered features.
    If i had to give up the kickstand, as long as the bar was rackable, i probably would be able to deal with it, so that leaves a number of choices:
    Rogue comes to mind.
    http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-tb-2-trap-bar
    Theres probably several more, but once yor looking at rackable, the high grip option is not common.
    Now, to totally derail thread..l what would i buy if doing it over again? Probably some sort of dedicated piece of equipment like a rickshaw that offered adjustable grips amd heightsthat allowed deadlifts and up amd doesn't need a rack. But baring that, the rogue probably.
    "I love the smell of stall mats in the morning."

Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Jeepers, you wear underwear when you workout at home? All you really need are some dirty Chucks and a towel.
    Finally not on spread, reps,
    Im just curious Atty, im not a regular here nearly as long, why do you actually need a towel?

Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Ramcharger310 View Post
    Titan Fitness needs to listen to this!
    Yea, they seem to be moving in this direction with some of there latest items, farmers walk handles, prowler. Im not really a "conditioning" type of guy and dont do farmers walks ,though i should try. There new farmers walk link set up seems cool but just not what i nedd.
    I am curious,should have included it above when replying to Atty, do rickshaws not allow height adjustment low enough to deadlift? I know i have seen them with adjustable height.
    Atty, what was the rickshaw not good at that caused you to go with the dead squat? Just curios?

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Im just curious Atty, im not a regular here nearly as long, why do you actually need a towel?
    You always lay a towel on the bench.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    On spread, so that is the secret to ellington minating the dread center smudge on equipment apolstery! You are literally the wise safeof this board. Full circle padding will be hating you now!

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lol.

I am curious,should have included it above when replying to Atty, do rickshaws not allow height adjustment low enough to deadlift? I know i have seen them with adjustable height.
    Atty, what was the rickshaw not good at that caused you to go with the dead squat? Just curious?
    I got the rickshaw from dexter00 because it was from Legend and at a really good price. I would love to use it but I'm limited on space and it holds my two pairs of York Hundos.

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    Do not use it later to wipe the sweat from your brow. Get a second towel.

On spread, so that is the secret to eliminating the dread center smudge on equipment apolstery! You are literally the wise sage of this board. Full circle padding will be hating you now!
    That's irongrandpa. . . .
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Do not use it later to wipe the sweat from your brow. Get a second towel.
    Also, be sure to wash it on the sanitary cycle just in case it mixes in with your sweat towels. Extra fabric softener is recommended, reduces chaffing.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #73 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #78 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #20 ||---||

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 1651Naismith View Post
    Also, be sure to wash it on the sanitary cycle just in case it mixes in with your sweat towels. Extra fabric softener is recommended, reduces chaffing.
    Good pro-tips, bro. GTL for life!
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~